System config file '/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found

LoveGod

36 posts in this topic

Presumably you've checked the md5 of your iso & reburned at the lowest possible speed on good branded media.

This being the case, have you tried the DVD on another machine?

Beyond that, I can only assume there's something else you're doing wrong, without being able to stand & look over your shoulder, there is no way to tell.

It seems you're just unlucky.

i have read on irc that this problem(error) is it is trying to boot from hd not the dvd. does your bios have a boot selector menu. like pressing f8 when u first start the computer. if it does then press that and choose your dvd to boot from. i had this problem also and it booted by doing this.

i have read on irc that this problem(error) is it is trying to boot from hd not the dvd. does your bios have a boot selector menu. like pressing f8 when u first start the computer. if it does then press that and choose your dvd to boot from. i had this problem also and it booted by doing this.

that's how i booted, pressed F8, chose my DVD media and the error popped up

My DVD is on IDE already

cant boot from this iatkos dvd. i got the plist error too. hence, this machine i was able to install jas 10.4.8 and toh 10.5.0. i dont think its a bad download coz the sum is ok and for burn im not quite sure. i used disk utility to burn and it verified ok. is this a dud???

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I would like to add that elas123's statement is what fixed the install on my Aspire One....I was getting the exact same error, but until I set the USB CDROM drive as higher in the BIOS boot order, I _could_ not get it to boot from the DVD by using F12.