System config file '/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found

LoveGod

36 posts in this topic

Well just download Kalyway's 10.5.1 DVD appeared on 20th of dec

Downloaded, burned the iso with NERO..

Rebooted pc, when trying to boot i immediately got "System config file '/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found"

My specs:

ASUS P5LD2-SE SKT 775

Intel core 2 Quad Q6600

HDD Western Digital 250 GB, 7200 RPM

4 GB DDR2 800 MHZ, Apacer

DVD-RW LG SuperMulti DVD+/-RW write: 20x

PL ASUS GF8800 GTS 640 MB, DDR3, 320 Bit

Hope somebody can help me out..

Thank you

Well just download Kalyway's 10.5.1 DVD appeared on 20th of dec

Downloaded, burned the iso with NERO..

Rebooted pc, when trying to boot i immediately got "System config file '/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found"

My specs:

ASUS P5LD2-SE SKT 775

Intel core 2 Quad Q6600

HDD Western Digital 250 GB, 7200 RPM

4 GB DDR2 800 MHZ, Apacer

DVD-RW LG SuperMulti DVD+/-RW write: 20x

PL ASUS GF8800 GTS 640 MB, DDR3, 320 Bit

Hope somebody can help me out..

Thank you

Generally, that's a sign that your OS partition isn't active. If you have a GParted CD, you can set it active with that. If not, use the install disk to get to the terminal. In terminal, type:

diskutil list [enter] (this will let you know what your volume disk id is...e.g. disk0s2)

Write that down somewhere because you'll need it.

Now type:

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 (your number may vary)

update

f 2 (2 being the partition number in my case)

w

q

reboot

That should set your partition active and you should be able to boot okay.

Generally, that's a sign that your OS partition isn't active. If you have a GParted CD, you can set it active with that. If not, use the install disk to get to the terminal. In terminal, type:

diskutil list [enter] (this will let you know what your volume disk id is...e.g. disk0s2)

Write that down somewhere because you'll need it.

Now type:

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 (your number may vary)

update

f 2 (2 being the partition number in my case)

w

q

reboot

That should set your partition active and you should be able to boot okay.

I'm kinda new to macs ..

I dont have a GParted CD

so i tried to write at boot: diskutil list

but nothing happened..

i mention that i burned the cd with nero(from vista), rebooted pc and tried to boot the DVD, and at that point i got that error

Thanks for your reply

This is the same problem I am having, it is giving me this error message when I originally try to boot the DVD, not after I install the OS. I can't even get the DVD to boot initially.

One thing to note is that when I burn the iso to dvd or open the iso with winrar it says that the files inside only take up 192 kb of space, even though the iso is 4 gbs. I don't know if this might indicate a bad download or something.

People, the original poster cannot even boot off the dvd! This has nothing to do with making the partition active, or using fdisk (which I hate with a living passion, but thats my fault).

It is a bad burn. I have read threads where ppl have trouble with this. try burning at your slowest speed possible (1x for me). i used disk utility on a G5 iMac. Try different programs multiple times, always at the slowest speed.

if the iso is 4GB, then your download was fine. It is something else.

I had that error to...

i have an asus maximus board... (x38 chipset) ... but the problem is elsewhere...

i have a dvd drive for pata ... have pluged that in the orignal one and only pata plug on the mainboard... this is a kind of pata to sata "converter" that was the problem by me ...

i have a extra raid controller to... i have pluged the dvd in this raid controller and darwin boots up!!

But now i get stuck when grey Apple apears and the loading circle comes...

a small error icon apears in the apple... nothing anymore after this...

People, the original poster cannot even boot off the dvd! This has nothing to do with making the partition active, or using fdisk (which I hate with a living passion, but thats my fault).

It is a bad burn. I have read threads where ppl have trouble with this. try burning at your slowest speed possible (1x for me). i used disk utility on a G5 iMac. Try different programs multiple times, always at the slowest speed.

if the iso is 4GB, then your download was fine. It is something else.

you are right, i cannot boot initialy from the DVD

nope it is not a badburn issue, i mention that both JaS 10.4.8 and 10.5.1 are having this issue. And on my other PC they bootup just fine.

It's some config from my system. I will try consolation advice also and see what happens

Ty all for the replies

use a usb dvd or buy a sata dvd drive...

maybe you have a raid controller... that i should work too... but i have some issues here by me too... i dont know if this comes from the raid controller i using to get around my '/com.apple.Boot.plist' problem...

omfg .. i'll try to see what i can do, hope i dont phuck up my pc

thx all for the replies

My best solution for this problem:

1- On Windows, format HDD which U want to install Mac OS to Fat 32

2- Go to Control Panel ==> Administrative tools ==> Computer Management ==> Disk Management ==> [right click on that HDD, choose "[i]Mark Partition as active[/i]"]

3- Okie, then U can restart and start install Mac OS into it by format to HFS J

Hope this can help! :)

Hi guys,

I have 3 internal hard drives. C, D, E. Right now i have Vista x64 installed on the C drive.

When i boot with either the kalaway or Iatkos DVD i get this plist error.

My question is how can i create a dual boot environment? Is it even possible?

How do i get around this plist problem?

Thanks

Hi guys,

I have 3 internal hard drives. C, D, E. Right now i have Vista x64 installed on the C drive.

When i boot with either the kalaway or Iatkos DVD i get this plist error.

My question is how can i create a dual boot environment? Is it even possible?

How do i get around this plist problem?

Thanks

read my posts above ...

to install you need a clean hdd ... and put it on the first pata or sata channel...

My best solution for this problem:

1- On Windows, format HDD which U want to install Mac OS to Fat 32

2- Go to Control Panel ==> Administrative tools ==> Computer Management ==> Disk Management ==> [right click on that HDD, choose "[i]Mark Partition as active[/i]"]

3- Okie, then U can restart and start install Mac OS into it by format to HFS J

Hope this can help! :)

Please try to understand that i cannot boot from the DVD initally, i get this error instant

Oh lordy.. read before posting..

anyhow...

When you "hit a key to install os x" does it react?, if not it's probably not recognising your keyboard. in this case it tries to boot the harddrive which of course does not have an os x install on it.

Oh lordy.. read before posting..

anyhow...

When you "hit a key to install os x" does it react?, if not it's probably not recognising your keyboard. in this case it tries to boot the harddrive which of course does not have an os x install on it.

that's the problem, i dont get that screen at all, as the dvd boots, the only thing i get is that error