Display sleeping does not work

InorganicMatter

7 posts in this topic

This is so frustrating! Sleep works on my Dell D820! I've almost got this thing working, but for this frustrating problem. If my display goes to sleep, it won't come back. After 5 minutes of inactivity, it turns off to save power per my settings, and no amount of keyboard buttons pushing or mouse wiggling will wake it up. I have to hold the power button to hard reset it to make it come back.

It's a Dell D820 running a Quadro NVS110M and Kalyway's 10.5.1. It detected the display just fine with QE/CI, but no display sleep.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is also one of my last pieces as well, along with the fact I can not shutdown my system.

So, if anyone can offer us any insight on this, it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Mark

System: Dell D620 2.16 Core2Duo 4GB Ram NVIDIA Quadro 110M 64MB (NVinject)

Kalyway 10.5.2 w/10.5.3 Update

• 3 months later...

Well i know this isnt a solution but when my display goes to sleep on my dell e1705 i press the Function key (Fn) and ESc for standby...it should go on standby mode....then wait for a while when the power led starts to strobe, press the power button again and should come back from the standby...nothing changed.