Few Questions About iATKOS & Kalyway

Jadedknight

14 posts in this topic

Ok I have both images. I cannot get either one to work. It's not a problem with a partition I have that all setup properly. Anyways here we go.

iATKOS

Ok when I boot this one up it begins to load Darwin and then reboots my PC. I have tried a bunch of BIOS options and starting with cpus=1 -x / -v / -s

Kalyway

This one I can get to the Apple loading screen. The little twirly graphic comes up and loads for a while then I get the "no entry / smoking" symbol.

Can anyone please help me? My CPU obviously supports it with SSE3 and has 2 cores. :(

Hopefully this helps!

----- [Motherboard] -------------------------------------------------

Property				   Value
Manufacturer			   Intel Corporation
Model					  D101GGC
Version					AAD35788-305
Serial Number			  BTGC61102T9C

Chipset Vendor			 ATI Technologies Inc
Chipset Model			  RS400/200 Host Bridge
South Bridge			   IXP SB400 PCI-ISA Bridge

CPU						Intel Pentium D
Cpu Socket				 LGA775 [Socket 775]
Processor Upgrade		  ZIF Socket
Max CPU Speed			  3800 MHz

System Slots			   2 PCI

Memory Summary			 
Location				   System board or motherboard
Maximum Capacity		   1024 MBytes
Memory Slots			   2
Error Correction		   None
Use						System memory
Maximum Memory Module Size 32 MBytes

Warning!				   Accuracy of DMI data cannot be guaranteed

You know full on PC EFI with vanilla kernel and kexts is only supported by the "Core" range of cpu's, not even the Pentium-D range works. You need a set of instructions called "ssse3". Look it up in wikipedia if you want.

I read some of the Wiki article, what does this mean for me exactly? (Sorry if I come across n00b)

You know full on PC EFI with vanilla kernel and kexts is only supported by the "Core" range of cpu's, not even the Pentium-D range works. You need a set of instructions called "ssse3". Look it up in wikipedia if you want.

Actually, you need a Core 3 Octo and SSE4a to run PC EFI.

:D

No, you dont need SSSE3, you nooblet.

A quick look at wikipedia reveals that ssse3 was introduced in the core2 range. It appears to be missing in the core solo & duo?.

incidentally, how did you manage to "search for days"? these releases haven't been out that long.

Hehehe, it's felt like days :D I have not slept in a long time.. combination of this and being in a lot of pain. Anyways, CPU-Z says I have MMX, SSE2, SSE3, EM64T.

Does this mean I cannot use either image?

Hopefully this helps!

----- [Motherboard] -------------------------------------------------

Chipset Vendor			 ATI Technologies Inc
Chipset Model			  RS400/200 Host Bridge
South Bridge			   IXP SB400 PCI-ISA Bridge

OSx86 works best with Intel chipsets, since you have an ATI chipset things are going to be more difficult for you.

You should search the forum for reports of Leopard running on your chipset to see what the issues are.

Yeah I have read about problems with this chipset, but I will research more :)

Edit: I couldn't find anything chipset related but I did find a few threads about people wanting to actually use the onboard graphics, but I have a PCI Express card anyways.... *Sigh* I wonder whats going on :D Some more updated:

With the Kalyway image if I just let it boot itself it says com.apple.boot.plist is missing, however I think if I boot with -x? I get a hang instead... this screen was taken with -v -x I believe.

2002915754626177336_th.jpg

If you want to run EFI, try to have as much Intel hardware as possible, except for an Intel wireless card. I was able to run EFI v5 on my Celeron with an ASRock board though. I might try running GUID on there in the next few days..

Knight,

I believe that both of your problems have to do with ACHI being enabled. If I turn off ACHI I get the same "no smoking" symbol occationally. This also changes whether my drives show up under the IDE page or the SATA page. This may be old information but I thought I'd share.