WMV Browser Plugin

LlamaV3

9 posts in this topic

Has anyone gotten wmv on webpages to play in firefox (deerpark) on osx86? this is really annoying me, and apart from graphics drivers is the one thing that is really bugging.

I've installed flip4mac and windows media player, but firefox keeps asking for a plugin. These files also don't work in camino, mozilla and safari.

Standalone wmv on the machine can be played.

there's a few topics covering this issue, but their hidden so I don't blame you for posting.

Bottomline: Both flip4mac and WMP are PPC binaries and have yet to be released in their universal form. Until that is done, they won't be able to integrate with intel apps. If you really want to try watching WMV files in safari, press cmd+i and check "Open using rosetta"

I think learning_bird is right, though with Apple's transition to intel in all of their products, it's really only a matter of time until it's done. I figure this time 6 months from now virtually every app will be universal.

Send Flip4Mac an email asking for a Uni Bin. Put some pressure on them.

Luckily, they ARE working on it as we speak. :( I frequent their forums and I can tell you that making the plugin UniBin is one of their priority 'things to do'. The latest release used a UniBin installer but we'll be able to get the plugin itself as unibin in the coming weeks.

• 4 weeks later...