Important! How to use The Marketplace!

Swad

8 posts in this topic

So you want to buy/sell/trade something here in The Marketplace? Great! Here are a few guidelines to follow...

- Start the title of you thread with one of the following tags:

[Deal] = You've found an amazing deal to share (We really like these!)
[sell] = Something you're selling
[buy] = Something you want to buy
[Trade] = Something you want to trade
[eBay] = Item for sale by author or found on eBay
[Hire] = You want to hire someone to do some work (note: paid support is not in the spirit of the OSx86 project and will be removed)

- Be very clear about what you're selling. This means including all the important information, pictures, etc.

- If you're interested in buying something, PM the seller. Don't post "I want this!!!" in the thread. Just PM the seller.

- After an item is sold, the seller must make a note of it in the actual thread with a big SOLD marking in the thread. PM a mod to have them add it to the thread title.

- That's it! The OSx86 Project just provides this forum as a means for you to sell or get cool Mac stuff. We are not in charge of sales, and we can't ensure the safety of your purchase. If there is a problem with a sale, let us know and we'll see what we can do. If we catch you selling things without actually sending them (or buying without paying), disciplinary actions will be taken. We don't anticipate this happening, though, so just use common sense and you'll be fine!

-Mashugly
Last updated 02/08/06

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This should be stickied. Also, you should have a [Deal] tag for good deals people find. Finally, I hope you didn't go back a year just to post this before the Marketplace even started... :)

Last updated 1/24/05

I'd also like to say that it is a good idea to specify if you are selling US only or whatever. In addition, if you have a heatware or similar profile, please include that information in your post.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...
This should be stickied. Also, you should have a [Deal] tag for good deals people find. Finally, I hope you didn't go back a year just to post this before the Marketplace even started... :P

Trying to sell, keep getting error!

• 11 months later...
If we catch you selling things without actually sending them (or buying without paying), disciplinary actions will be taken.

Just to remind that this very wise guideline seems to have been forgotten by some people.

• Like 1