unlock and jailbreak 1.1.2

dodo

11 posts in this topic

Isn't there a way to downgrade the 1.1.2 firmware to 1.1.1 or 1.02?

It sucks to buy a new iPhone and not being able to use it.

I really hope the great hackers working on the iPhone can help us soon.

Is there a way to turn this iPhone into an iPod in the meantime?

Thank you.

GB

Isn't there a way to downgrade the 1.1.2 firmware to 1.1.1 or 1.02?

It sucks to buy a new iPhone and not being able to use it.

I really hope the great hackers working on the iPhone can help us soon.

Is there a way to turn this iPhone into an iPod in the meantime?

Thank you.

GB

Yes.

Google it.

Yes.

Google it.

I googled it, but the answer so far is that it can't be done with the new baseband installed on the new iPhones with firmware 1.1.2. You can jailbreak it, but can't unlock it.

Anyway, in the meantime, I can still enjoy the iPhone as a 8 GB iPod Touch until a software unlock method is achieved.

Thanks anyway.

GB

I googled it, but the answer so far is that it can't be done with the new baseband installed on the new iPhones with firmware 1.1.2. You can jailbreak it, but can't unlock it.

Anyway, in the meantime, I can still enjoy the iPhone as a 8 GB iPod Touch until a software unlock method is achieved.

Thanks anyway.

GB

You can make multisim to use phone.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is already a JB for 1.1.3 ... and is possible to downgrade the baseband to 1.1.1 from 1.1.2 OOTB and to unlock iPhones. Check it here Don't install anySIM!!!!!! Is a very big risk to brick your phone!

To use the phone with your own carrier (o2, voda, whatever ...) use iPhoneSIMFree.

Cheers,

There is NO UNLOCK for 1.1.3 baseband (04.03.xx), you can use 1.1.3 with old baseband, but not the new one.

To unlock an OOTB 1.1.2, you have to disassemble your iPhone which becomes risky if you're very familiar with that kind of things. You can also get a TurboSim, which enables you to use your iPhone without having to unlock it.

There is already a JB for 1.1.3 ... and is possible to downgrade the baseband to 1.1.1 from 1.1.2 OOTB and to unlock iPhones. Check it here Don't install anySIM!!!!!! Is a very big risk to brick your phone!

To use the phone with your own carrier (o2, voda, whatever ...) use iPhoneSIMFree.

Cheers,

You cannot unlock a 1.1.2 OTB iPhone. The reason for this is the updated boot loader to 4.06 from 3.9. 1.1.1 and lower OTB can be unlocked.