hd2400 + leopard

mosol

57 posts in this topic

Hi,

Looking through different websites I did not notice any KEXT, pkg, that will show/tell/give.an.idea how to properly install ATI hd2400 on Leopard. I am aware of one (not fully described yet) solution, where you should change antidrv.kext with 527 ATY.lagos.

Here I have some questions, and if someone could answer them in pro manner that would be fantastic.

1) Does change of antidrv.kext with 527 ATY.lagos is the only known way of having hd2400 working?

2) What term '527' is reffering to?

3) Do I need to use Natit's package; if yes, what version?

4) Does the change in antidrv.kext is the only change that I need to do (no changes in device id's file?; no change in opengl folder?)?

5) Does anyone tried successfully make hd2400 working (if yes, what steps did you made)?

Let me know if you have any comments on this, as I would like to perform some test and then write small manual for the rest.

Thanks,

mosol

I post these questions on one another forum too, so it might increase responses.

• 2 weeks later...

My kalyway 10.5.1 is now working with an ATI Radeon 2400pro. Hardware acceleration and resolution changing is working. It is not working over DVI .http://rapidshare.com/files/79158347/Triakis_2400_2600_2900_3800.zip.html

It's on the #radeonhd page on irc. Thanks be to Netkas.

phcahill my kalyway 10.5.1 is not working with an ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT and i don't know why??I try DVI and DVItoVGA but in vain.I install package,add device ID 0×94c11002 in Info.plist ATIRadeonX2000.kext but when do a reboot I get a fuzzy screen. Sometimes I see a mouse cursor, but usually everything is just flickering. Can you write you steps???You installed triakis_2400_2600_2900_3800 reboot and then add dev id or you installed,add dev id,then reboot???Please sombody help what I am doing wrong??????????

During kalaway install I did not select any extra video packages.

My card is a 2400pro pci-e vendor code 94c4. I installed the new package, edited the plist and rebooted. At that point I did not know about the DVI issue, so I got a black screen. I switched to dsub vga and all looked good. ie I can change res and hardware acceleration is on. Not a great picture but then my lcd always looks bad on analogue.

If you are using lcd, can you see enough to change res to your panel's natural resolution? Is QE CI on?

Paul

My card have one DVI and one VGA but LCD display have only DVI socket.Interesting,but yesterday netkas on the irc.osx86.hu #radeon said me that this package triakis_2400_2600_2900_380 not work on 2400 card's,but it works for you.My be problem in kernel, you and thinktsai used Toh kernel as default but I install Vanilla as default.Ok,I'll try to boot with Toh kernel and show the result.phcahill why you wrote "I had to add my device id to Info.plist in ATIRadeonX2000.kext eg 0×94c11002. Your dev id may be different." and after "My card is a 2400pro pci-e vendor code 94c4." If you have 94c4  why you add 0×94c11002 not 0×94c41002 ????

I install 10.5.1 kalyway again,then install package then add device ID and what I see nothing changed.Mac OS boot ok but this package done nothing,everything as before.No change resolution,no QE/CI.In system profile my card also didn't recognize.Strange,very stranger...

Hi VIP

I said "eg 0×94c11002". eg meaning "for example". I did make a typo in that my device is a 94c3 HD 2400 PRO

It may be worth checking the permissions (755) and ownership (root:wheel) on any kexts that are installed. I did not have to.

Have you tried deleting /System/Library/Extensions.mkext to rebuild kext cache?

Hi phcahill (and anyone else who can help),

I have a 2400 HD Pro with exactly the same dev id as you. I downloaded the triakis package, installed and edited the info.plist of the ATIRadeonX2000.kext and changed the <key>IOPCIMatch</key> so that it was included in the list.

However, with the card in the machine, osx86 refuses to boot, hanging on a page of text about nodes. With the card removed and the VGA cable plugged into the onboard graphics the machine goes fine. The card works great in Windows XP on the other partition, so it is an OSX86 issue. I have Leopard 10.5.1 installed from the iATKOS DVD with efi.

Did you have to do anything else to get the card to work? Changes to bios? Firmware change? Any other packages downloaded?

Thanks for any help.

No other changes or firmware etc. However I am using Kalaway. What motherboard are you using? Is it possible to completely disable the onboard graphics?

I am using a gigabyte P35-DQ6 board with a E6420. I have hardware DEP ON, virtualisation ON. Primary graphics set to PEG (Pci Express).

Sorry I cannot offer much advise.

Paul

Hi phcahill,

My motherboard is an Asus P5G33 with an Intel 2.2Ghz core 2 duo. I have attempted to disable the onboard graphics card by choosing PEG/PCI in the boot GPU section of the bios, and 'disable' in the onboard graphics adaptor part. This hasn't made a difference.

It still hangs on a huge page of text about nodes and driver.

There must be some difference between the iAtkos version of Leopard and the Kalaway version. Is the Kalaway version a vanilla kernel? Is there anywhere I can find out what the differences are? Maybe there is an extra patch in the Kalaway version that isn't in the iAtkos.

Is there a way to boot into osx86 in a safe mode? like in windows?

I chose Kalaway simply because it came down the line 1st. I read a few reviews afterwards and Kalaway seemed to get the thumbs up. Some complained about some extra applications being installed but I'm glad some of them are there. Why not give Kalaway a try?

Does on board graphics give hardware acceleration? If so maybe you can run with both if you give the onboard priority and let OSX ignore it.

I believe you can use -s to get to a command prompt. I'm learning too but I have used SCO and other Unix's in the past.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you to this thread and the discussions.

I have reinstall freshly the Kalyway 10.5.1 DVD (ToH kernal) + Triakis package + edit the Info.plist file.

Reboot and wow!!! CI + QE + Rotation + DVI out. All working perfectly for my HD2400 Pro.

2400 Pro is recognised as 2400XT.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear All,

Another newbie (me, :D ) just arrived here. Has anyone been able to get HD2400 ATI radeon card working on their system?

I have "Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1 SSE2 SSE3" burned as an iso image and am ready to restart my pc and install it and

i also downloaded the Triakis_2400_2600_2900_3800 file.

I don't know what to do with it and what is kext? and how to use it?

sorry for toomany questions, hope someone can give us a step by step photos / instructions on how to get rid of this problem.

here my full configuration:

MB: p5kc

cpu: C2D 6550

Ram: 4gb, different brands of 2 gb per brand.

Graphics Card: HD2400.

Lan: Attansic L1 gigabyte ethernet.

Sound: Realtek Alc883.

Thank you to this thread and the discussions.

I have reinstall freshly the Kalyway 10.5.1 DVD (ToH kernal) + Triakis package + edit the Info.plist file.

Reboot and wow!!! CI + QE + Rotation + DVI out. All working perfectly for my HD2400 Pro.

2400 Pro is recognised as 2400XT.

Hi AWoods, my installation is almost as identical as yours. But my Triakis isn't working so well. My card is an ATIHD2400 Pro. Both DVI and the VGA output work but I am stuck with only one resolution (1024x768) in mirror mode with nothing else to change to. In the Graphics/Displays, CI says Software and QE is Not Supported.

And I also noticed something funny, when I try to do a kextload -t ATINDRV.kext, I get this:

can't add kernel extension ATINDRV.kext (not a bundle)....

Does yours do that? Thanks.