New Processor. new instructions. SSE4 with OS X?

9 posts in this topic

Will it run on those CPUs, yes.

Will it use the SSE4 instructions initially, highly unlikely. (Unless Apple devs have already enabled optimization for future models and no one noticed.)

nice, cause i wondering to buy one of these new Quads. to test how they work comparely a mac pro.

here ive got many costumers who want macs and dont have the money to buy a real one. so i'm testing the pc hardware to make a hack and sell it.

thanks

matt

nice, cause i wondering to buy one of these new Quads. to test how they work comparely a mac pro.

here ive got many costumers who want macs and dont have the money to buy a real one. so i'm testing the pc hardware to make a hack and sell it.

thanks

matt

My C2D has SSE4, or later renamed to SSSE3... So just letting you guys know, SSE4 = SSSE3... I dont know why but they changed the name... CPUZ use to reconize my processor as having SSE4, but now it says SSSE3, along with hundreds of other people....

My C2D has SSE4, or later renamed to SSSE3... So just letting you guys know, SSE4 = SSSE3... I dont know why but they changed the name... CPUZ use to reconize my processor as having SSE4, but now it says SSSE3, along with hundreds of other people....

BS, SSE4 (47 SSE4.1 instructions +7 SSE4.2 instructions) is not SSSE3, SSSE3 (16 instructions) is an extra instruction set for SSE3.

• 11 months later...
Isn't it illegal to sell non-apple computers equipped with macos?

I'd say that would be a yep at the moment.

But....It is not illegal to sell a system that is capable of running OSX. I guess it would just depend on who does the

install of the OS.

It's probably just a matter of time until Apple sees the light and does some kind of Distro of OSX for the masses.

Maybe Apple is just letting sites like this work out all the bugs, do all the major legwork to get the kinks out of the OS. Just

sitting back waiting to pounce on Microsoft!