New nVidia GeForce 8800GTS rev2 card

cmdshft

31 posts in this topic

Titan, and Natit are no longer developed. NVinject is the only one still active. They are not drivers as such, more a map for your hardware in OSX. I have seen no difference in performance between Natit and NVinject. I'm using NVinject0.2.0.
Ah ok, thanks.

It's interesting to analyse what happened in that screenshot I posted. Graphics are back to normal now, and I haven't rebooted since.

It looks to me like it re-rendered the area of the desktop under the minimising title bar as the genie effect was going in the menu bar instead of where it should have done...

The 7 series is still great, no doubt on that. But the 8 series so far is the best bang for your buck. I actually kind of messed up in the post though, didn't catch until now. I meant to say no one uses the 8 or HD series for DX10, but for just power.

I don't know what the upset is about; my 8800GT (got new toy today, yay) is perfectly smooth in os X. Aperture is noticeably snappier compared to my "old" 7900GT. As for games (why else does one get an 8800?); At 1440x900 I can run bioshock on highest settings and Crysis is set to very high on everything except shadows which is set to high - benches avg. 35 fps; which is playable for me and oh sooooo pretty, prettyyy precioussss....