Purchasing a MacBook this december

9 posts in this topic

After more than a year of using Mac OS X in my PC, i got convinced that I needed a Mac, not a osx86 but a real one. Currently, my laptop is 14 inches and I would like to get a 13 inches laptop.

I saw the black MacBook and it seems just perfect. And with the new graphics, it looks so cool.

However, I just have the oportunity to purchase it between dec 25 - dec 30.

I saw somewhere that there were coming new MacBooks *Pro, just MacBook Pro is getting updated? Do you think MacBooks are also getting an update? Should I buy now, or wait to the next year *No more than february?

Thanks for your recommendations!

The Macbook Pro will probably get the new 45nm mobile processors as soon as they are released sometime next year, and the macbooks some time after. But I wouldn't hold off my purchases for them, it depends on what is announced at Macworld in January.

Well, in fact the price is not a limitation, I'm willing to spend up to $2,000. I don't like MacBook Pro, the black MacBook looks perfect for me. However I wouldn't like to get it now if its getting an update in january. Any rumours?Well, in fact the price is not a limitation, I'm willing to spend up to $2,000. I don't like MacBook Pro, the black MacBook looks perfect for me. However I wouldn't like to get it now if its getting an update in january. Any rumours?Well, in fact the price is not a limitation, I'm willing to spend up to $2,000. I don't like MacBook Pro, the black MacBook looks perfect for me. However I wouldn't like to get it now if its getting an update in january. Any rumours?

I'm almost certain the MacBook won't get an update in January... It's too soon since the last update, and things like new platforms/CPUs usually take a few months to 'trickle down' to the MacBook from the MBP. If you're really not interested in a MBP, you may as well get the MacBook now.

Only thing that prevents me being certain about this is the ever persistent rumour of a 'small form factor' MBP - something like a 12/13" MBP depending on who you believe, which may be released in Jan. Then again, every significant event in the world of Macs has had such rumours preceding it for at least a year now.

JSN1,

The Macbooks were just updated November 1st so they most likely won't get updated again until March or April of next year would be my guess. I to am purchasing a Macbook this month, the only thing that previously held me back was the graphics.