x200 chipset installation

WhoNeedsVista

57 posts in this topic

How did the perian work out for you?

I went to do the install on my P4R800VM and, well, I was kinda asleep at the switch, so to speak, it booted my test install that was on that hardrive (for another machine), of course it wasn't optimized, but it will run OSx.

Now, I go to do the install, and it freezes, just after trying to detect a PS2 mouse, so I'm kinda thinking either it doesn't like the Pioneer DVD drive, or it doesn't like the mainboard. Any experience with this? I just figure I'll pre-load it on another computer.

if you could explain some more of what you installed or didn't install.

I could install nothing, just after the PS2 port detection the system lost the IDE controller, so the initial "boot" (from the DVD) completely stopped. What I plan on doing is pre-install with all the ATI options on another computer, then post install (when it wants to re-boot) I will switch that drive in, I figure that will work, because the P4R800VM will boot a "vanilla" OSx install pre-installed on a hardrive. I have no idea why this is so, but rather than fight, I am not above switching.

Unlike some here, I have a wide variety of hardware, so this is not a "make, or break" situation. Being an "older fella", I try something, and if it doesn't work out, I like to *think* about it a while, then try something else based on the last results, rather than run head first into something, and get so I can't see the forest for the trees.

The "plan" here too, is a small vacation for two weeks, so if I don't get back to you immediately, rest assured I am someplace warm on a beach, rather than looking out my window at 2 feet of snow.

new trouble=)

i have only wireless internet connection at home.

Atheros 5005g founds my wireless network, conects to router and internet works strait after instlation of clean system from mac.nub dvd.

what interesting - in device list in airport line writen about error. But it works.

But main trouble - after first reboot wifi does not work more.

Help if you can.=)

new trouble=)i have only wireless internet connection at home.Atheros 5005g founds my wireless network, conects to router and internet works strait after instlation of clean system from mac.nub dvd.what interesting - in device list in airport line writen about error. But it works.But main trouble - after first reboot wifi does not work more.Help if you can.=)
How did you get the wireless to work. Did it work automaticlly? Or did you install the 10.4.5 IO80211Family.kext?
if any of you are having problems with this install dvd try Uphuck 1.4i (10.4.9) I use this with my x200m chipset in my toshiba laptop and have gotten everything working except qe/ci (which as stated before is impossible) and line in/out.
Thank you for mentioning this i used this on my freinds laptop which is pretty close to my model.

i have a big problem. I made step by step you toturial but don't work. it's instal all and i make rebot, later i see the grey screen [apple bot screen] and it is started up again. Have you any idea ?

[sorry for my bad english :) ]

What are your computer specs. I can help you better if I know.

i have this http://asus.com/products.aspx?l1=5&l2=...amp;modelmenu=2 with cpu intel core duo T2130 1,8 GHz and 1 gb ram

i running with -v mode and i see this:

9f6ddd75c16cbbc2m.jpg

Still waiting for root device

Not trying to butt in, but that is the same thing I am seeing here with an ASUS mainboard, with an ATI chipset. It appears to me that somehow the IDE controller is getting "lost". In my case I *think* a pre-install on another computer might be my answer. I'm wondering if shifting your drives in your bios to PIO mode might get things moving along? Of course, post install (on the re-boot) you might want to shift them back, or it will work like {censored}. I'm not sure about this one, I'm still *thinking* about it.

Ok, it's Mar 1st, and I'm back slugging away at my ASUS POS. (I just stopped for a cup of tea, so I have no solution yet) What is happening here is the secondary IDE controller is taking a holiday, somehow it is not seen, or detected, by whatever we are installing, I have tried 4 releases, they are all the same. I am going to fool with it some more, but I have a motherboard, rather than a laptop, I *think* with a laptop (and maybe even here) a USB DVD drive might be an answer.

A bit later: Primary IDE channel only? so, both DVD drive and hardrive are on the primary channel. I go to install, and my trusty keyboard dies?, than another won't work!, I grab a third, a $5.99 bust buy special, and I'm back in business. I'm all installed, but not re-booted, I don't dare, if it doesn't go it will get re-booted, about 6 re-boots should get it to the street. (remembering that I'm going to have to "fool" with an audio driver at some point, so tomorrow will be another day.

Well, I lied, I'm in the middle of a tropical snow storm, and so I figured: why not?

So it boots, the on-board network is not supported, and the sound is an ordeal (ADI 1888), runs good too, but at some point you have to say "I'm not pushing this heavy rock up hill". I have boards kicking around here that are an easy install, so I'm going that way, rather than this ordeal.

This expieriment has drawn to a close.

Hi,

im using toshiba L100 notebook with spec:

Celeron M 1.6Ghz, HDD Fujitsu 60GB, Ati express 200m, RAM 1GB - 128mb Shared, Realtek Audio.

HDD = 15gb fat32 winxp, 10gb hfs for mac, and 40gb ntfs for data.

My question is why the installation took 8 hours long..??? and after installation finished and rebooted, just show the apple boot screen and hanged up. Do i did something wrong??

B.R.

Ok sorry for the long away time. Everyone who is having problems with install are you guys installing the right stuff for your setup because you cannot folow my tutorial exactly because I did this on an acer not Asus. But a pre install on another comp could work and the Asus laptops work with many other install discs than this. To the one with the Toshiba I have never seen an install take 8 hours but i have found out over many messed up installs that installing the core system first then installing the patches from inside osx helps.