Why still no copy & paste for file in the Finder?

Nico3d3

6 posts in this topic

Why on earth does OS X still doesn't have the ability to copy & paste files from the finder? It's one of the only disadvantage I found in Finder. Compared to it, MS Windows file explorer is so much easier to use. In Windows, I don't have to open two separate window just to copy a file from one place to another. In Windows XP, MS even added the option "Copy to" in the edit Menu of the Explorer. It seem that the Apple folks have difficulty to understand some basic concepts, it's kind of like the famous one button and no scroll mouse, they kept including it with every Mac they sold but still almost everyone threw it in the garbage and bought a normal mouse.

You can copy files/folders in Finder...select what you want and hit Cmd+C, Ctrl-click and select copy, or go up to the edit menu and hit copy. Other than maybe the keyboard shortcut, it's close enough to the Windows technique that it shouldn't have been that hard to figure out.

As for the mouse, there's two touch-sensitive areas on the top of the mouse, works the same as a two button mouse. And it has a scroll ball, giving you 360 degree scrolling capability.

So what were you complaining about?

since when can't you copy and paste files from the finder? i've always been able to do this the same way you can in Windows. and the no right click and scroll thing is a million year old, very dated complaint that has little to no relevance anymore.

I didnt even know "copy to folder" existed, I only use right click menus. Finder atleast has spring loaded folders, which is pretty much the same thing but with cut instead of copy.

Hold option and it'll turn into copy. Or option+command and it turns into create alias.