EFI crashed my PC

Nico3d3

7 posts in this topic

I tried to instal EFI v5 but I got a kernel panic at the next reboot. I guess I'm out of luck. I copied all file included in the patch to the folder "iamefi" on the root of my Mac HD. Then I rebooted in single user mode and I entered this command:

-cd /iamefi

-./startupfiletool /dev/rdisk0s1 ./boot_v5

As I side effect to this crash, I learned that time machine is a really useful piece of software ;) . I had a backup of my Leopard system on an external disk so I was back online (I used my Leo install CD to load Time Machine) with my last working config 15 minutes after my crash. Anyway, anyone had the same problem than me with efi?

I had the same problems with EFI. I then found a HOW-TO on OSx86scene that I used to get it working. The one real glaring difference I noticed (besides how to get to the point of installing the EFI patch) was when using startupfiletool it said to do /dev/diskxSx instead of /dev/rdiskXsX.

of course my Leo is now screwed up after installing 10.5.1 ;)

Well I did the 10.5.1 update then tried to do the EFI and after that it just rebooted over and over. So I logged in to my old 10.4 and copyed over the kernel I backed up before I did the update. Same on the DVD I believe. So I rebooted and didnt think it would work but here i am in it now. Not one problem. Front row didnt work before now it does lol. Reboots and shuts down like before but sleep dont work but never use that anyway. So I dont know what the update replaces but all I but back was only the kernel.