10.4.11 update warning -- read before u update

nils82

14 posts in this topic

Hi folks

Unfortunatly I did the update for 10.4.11 since then my mac doesnt boot anymore it restarts before even I see the Apple logo.

I did -v to see what exactly does this, I just can't read anything, it scrolls down so fast.

I know some of you got this update with no problems lucky u, for others please advise before updating to 10.4.11

Thanks..

nils82

ps:

CORE2DUO 2.4 CONROE

P5W DH DELUXE

2GIGS RAM CORSAIR DOMINATOR

BFG 7950 GT OC 512 MB FLASHED

EXTERNAL LG DVD SUPER DRIVE

So

For updating to 10.4.11 we need

- new patched kernel

- patch new ata kexts

this is a small how-to update hackintosh from 10.4.10 to 10.4.11 via Apple software update....

Thats not true I have done this 100 times try this:

There is a fast way to do it. I have the Uphuck 10.4.9 1.4i r2 installed on my laptop and than I downloaded the Mac OS X 10.4.11 Combo Intel and do the follow:

Below are the steps to update your computer to 10.4.*:

1) Open up the terminal and type "sudo -s" then "your password" then the following (line by line):

Code:

cp /mach_kernel /old

cp -R /system/library/coreservices/loginwindow.app /

cp -R /system/library/extensions/AppleSMBIOS.kext /

cp -R /system/library/extensions/AppleACPIplatform.kext /

cp -R /system/library/extensions/AppleAPIC.kext /

cp -R /system/library/extensions/IOATAFamily.kext /

cp -R /system/library/extensions/system.kext /

2) Keep terminal open.

3) Open disk utility and keep it open

4) Run Software Update or download the file and run it. But if you use the Software update :deselect everything but the 10.4.* intel update and install it (AND DO NOT RESTART---IGNORE THE INSTALLER WINDOW)

5) Open terminal and type the following:
CODE

Code:

cp /old /mach_kernel

cp -R /loginwindow.app /system/library/coreservices/

cp -R /AppleSMBIOS.kext /system/library/extensions/

cp -R /AppleACPIplatform.kext /system/library/extensions/

cp -R /AppleAPIC.kext /system/library/extensions/

cp -R /IOATAFamily.kext /system/library/extensions/

cp -R /system.kext /system/library/extensions/

rm -rf /system/library/extensions.*

6) Open disk utility and repair permissions for your OS X partition

7)Reboot {Remember this that after you restart, the computer might reboot and not enter the system, But just let it do its stuff and let it reboot and after that you have the new Version of 10.4.10 or 10.4.11 working and running. I have it 100%.

Everyone have fun and get thoses great upgrades.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to find the best and easiest way of patching 10.4.10 to 10.4.11 (not in a hurry for Leopard). I'm considering the PC_EFI patch, and I assume I could backup and reinstate the same kexts as the grmiller procedure for safety (and backup my Extensions folder). But it's long winded.

The grmiller procedure described here is simpler: it backs up the hacked kernel and a few critical extensions and re-integrates them after the update. Fair enough. So then:

Does the kernel NEVER change within the same generation of OSX? And all the fixes that are part of a point release have nothing to do with the kernel or these particular extensions?

I'm a relative noob to the inner workings of osx, so thanks for this clarification. I want to make sure none of the point release updated items get omitted when replacing the kernel and extensions with the older ones.

TIA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

will this work to upgrade from 10.4.6 to 10.4.11? i haxe the JaS mac os x86 10.4.4 + the upgrade that was on the disk so now it 10.4.6.

p.s.

Gateway e series

3.06 GHz pentium 4 with sse2

640 MB ddr sdram

120 GB western digital hdd

sony dvd rw drive

JaS mac os x86 10.4.6