The OS X Category

waradmin

5 posts in this topic

I feel that the OS X category and related forums under it (OS X Leopard (10.5), OS X(10-10.4), etc) should be for discussing OS X on actual Mac hardware and not x86. It gets annoying trying to read about people with Mac hardware and seeing thread upon thread about people having problems with their hackintoshes. Thread like that, imo, should be kept to the x86 category.

We've already split the 2, and move misplaced posts as soon as we see them. Unfortunately it's a fact of forum life that people will post in the wrong place, and we won't always be quick enough in rectifying this.

If you have any suggestions for making this work more smoothly, let us know.

Maybe put something in the description of the OS X forums that clearly says that its only for OS X on real mac hardware.

Yeah, like OS X (non-hackintosh) or non OSx86 because I do understand how it could be a bit confusing to the quick forum browser.

I feel that the OS X category and related forums under it (OS X Leopard (10.5), OS X(10-10.4), etc) should be for discussing OS X on actual Mac hardware and not x86. It gets annoying trying to read about people with Mac hardware and seeing thread upon thread about people having problems with their hackintoshes. Thread like that, imo, should be kept to the x86 category.

Like hagar said it's already been split and it's working wonders now that people are more aware that it exists. You will always get people posting in the wrong areas and I know more of this has been happening since the introduction of the leopard hack. But in my opinion a lot of that happened because back then (only a few weeks ago) people didn't really know where to post their leopard questions because there wasn't any clear location. Now there is. I personally think before we rename the section to OS X (non-hackintosh) [which isn't bad] we should give it some more time for everything to settle down.

For the time being report threads posted in the wrong areas and hopefully a mod or admin will eventually get to it and move it. Also write a post explaining where it should have been posted so that they and everyone who reads it knows next time. It all takes 1 min to do but I think it's a better way of going forward.