My system is perfect.

pakaya

19 posts in this topic

Every thing work!!! Even sleeping and waking up. Almost perfect setup coming close to a macpro (apart from my old creaking hard drives, sound only stereo with digital out and mic in). My sincere thanks to all the great hackers.

I highly recommend my system for a person investing on a midrange hackintosh.

oops wrong subforum, sorry.

same here, pcwiz; i'm pretty much mimicking BJMoose's setup, with the exception of getting an 8800gt video card EVEN though there isn't support for it in OSX86 yet. I plan on playing some of the newer games and this will be a dual boot system to replace my macbook pro. I'll have that newer card for when support does make its way to osx; i'd be happy with just being able to choose the correct resolutions with that card.

cost=£630 I have installed vista 64 to play pc games. Crysis performance is really really disappointing.

Do you think this is because of the hackintosh setup? I think it may be because you are bottlenecking at the graphics card. I hope so anyway because I am building a system for crysis but need leopard for work. I am thinking q6600 coupled with 8800gtx.

what do you think?

Your system isn't really perfect then, is it? :P
:P
You're not going to find a "perfect" system anywhere. All you can do as approach perfection. If you don't need the latest greatest though, this combo is one of the best.
I totally agree with you.I have a 7800GT card, thinking if I should swap cards. I wanted an identical setup to the real thing, that's why I chose 7300GT.
I am planning to build a system almost exactly like pakaya's and the feedback from people who have bad axe 2 sounds good.
Good luck. You gonna love it. :(

Pakaya, is there a specific installation guide that you followed to get your setup working? I'll be using an almost identical setup and was curious which one you used.

Thanks.

-rep

TOH version. I used the diskutility program in Uphuck tiger installation disk to partition the drive though. Make sure to partition as MBR. I have not tried, but current version of EFI emulation boots with GUID partitions. Talking about EFI, I use version 5 (current version 7.4). With EFI installed you can get the vanilla kexts running. However I needed dsmos/nvinject kexts & another couple of kexts. Taruga patch was used for sound. Sorry I can not write a 'guide for dummies' as I would spoil the fun and excitement of your hacking experience! If you have patience wait for iATKOS version, looks like will be out soon.

Just an update guys on my situation: I'm not going with Bad Axe 2 I don't think, just because its based on a 2 year old chipset and won't be compatible with upcoming processors. Plus, its overly expensive and I can cut the cost in almost half by going with a newer motherboard like the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P.

Just an update guys on my situation: I'm not going with Bad Axe 2 I don't think, just because its based on a 2 year old chipset and won't be compatible with upcoming processors. Plus, its overly expensive and I can cut the cost in almost half by going with a newer motherboard like the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P.

Good luck, keep us posted of your experience with the Gigabyte board