Jailbreak for iPhone and iPod touch 1.1.2

Numberzz

19 posts in this topic

Today, many hackers released a GUI jailbreak method for the iPhone. There is one hitch though: you need to downgrade your iPhone or iPod Touch back to 1.1.1 first. The software, on both OS X and Windows, grabs the data off your iPod Touch or iPhone, upgrades it with the Jailbreak, installs Installer and SSH, and itself, back to your device. The whole thing takes about 10 minutes and afterwards, you have a fully updated 1.1.2 jailbroken system.

skitched-20071112-084842.jpg

Full Story

GUI Jailbreak Software

Full Guide

Yeah, I can't get this to work, but I know for a fact that some people have. I keep getting an error when running osx through terminal. I need to restart my computer and reconnect the device. Any advice?
I received the same error message. My problem was that I was missing the readline library. See the first update at the end of the TUAW article for details on how to correct this.

read THE GUIDE

THE GUIDE doesn't work for the people who don't know a lot about terminal. :queen:

I received the same error message. My problem was that I was missing the readline library. See the first update at the end of the TUAW article for details on how to correct this.

"No such file or directory" when it's on my desktop.

"No such file or directory" when it's on my desktop.
When what is on your desktop? Anyway, get the readline library here. Extract the zip and place libreadline.5.2.dylib in /opt/local/lib/ (create the directories if needed). Then, in Terminal, cd to your 1.1.2-jailbreak directory and run ./osx to begin. I didn't do anything else fancy. I hope that helps.

When what is on your desktop? Anyway, get the readline library here. Extract the zip and place libreadline.5.2.dylib in /opt/local/lib/ (create the directories if needed). Then, in Terminal, cd to your 1.1.2-jailbreak directory and run ./osx to begin. I didn't do anything else fancy. I hope that helps.

Thank you so much!!!!! It works!

I've read the guide and it recommends downloading firmware 1.1.1 from the apple site but from what i was told in irc apple have patched the 1.1.1 file to fix the exploit in the TIFF file. I just wanted to make sure before i brick my phone

thanks

I don't know about that, but I can confirm that Customize doesn't work any more. I have a hard time working it, because the touch screen is recognized differently, sometimes not tapping at all. Also, re ordering menu items doesn't work any more. It just screws everything up and now I can't get FieldTest and DemoApp to disappear.