The Official Asus F3 Series Notebook Thread!

antaholics

718 posts in this topic

my laptop is running at 800MHz right now (T7300, 2.0GHz Santa Rosa), at ~30% (stupid Firefox and iTunes... hogs CPU and RAM like no tomorrow) and it's at 46 degrees.

From what I remember about running Premiere Elements on XP, it seemed a little bit more responsive than Premiere CS3 on OS X... but that's not even a fair comparison lol.

btw, for those who are playing around with kexts, here's what I do to make sure I can always boot even if I mess things up:

Copy the entire extensions folder to /Extensions, and also Extensions.mkext

cp -fR /System/Library/Extensions /Extensions
cp -fR /System/Library/Extensions.mkext /Extensions.mkext

Then, if something messes up, I boot with the flag:

"MKext Cache"=/Extensions.mkext

and it boots with original settings! :) and if I need to restore anything it's all in the folder /Extensions.

Good luck!

Well after installing again and again and changing things and breaking things and reinstalling I've managed to get an install of just 10.5.1 to work with speedstep and my audio works, that stupid battery meter that comes with speedstep doesnt work though which is unfortunate, it just has a little space that I can click on on my bar up top where it is supposed to be in thery, it's like it's there but not displaying anything. and my bluetooth doesn't work this time! what's the deal? it used to work? how can I get it working again? doesn't really matter as that new wireless card should be coming soon. Thanks guys!

PLEASE HELP!!,I cant get OSX on my Asus VX2S (Lambo Laptop) specs in my sig PLEASE ;) someone help anything would be helpful please!! it never gets past using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers no further.. Thanks Guys :D

PLEASE HELP!!,I cant get OSX on my Asus VX2S (Lambo Laptop) specs in my sig PLEASE :( someone help anything would be helpful please!! it never gets past using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers no further.. Thanks Guys :)

Try using Kalyway 10.5.1 and boot with "cpus=1 -v"... it should boot and install. Alternately, ask for BIOS fix from the link in my sig... but I'm not really sure if it applies to that model of laptop

did you read any of the previous posts by any chance? :P

Does anyone know if bootcamp would work with an F3JP?

AFAIK, it doesn't work on hackintosh because of EFI. Why would you need it anyways? :P

Well after installing again and again and changing things and breaking things and reinstalling I've managed to get an install of just 10.5.1 to work with speedstep and my audio works, that stupid battery meter that comes with speedstep doesnt work though which is unfortunate, it just has a little space that I can click on on my bar up top where it is supposed to be in thery, it's like it's there but not displaying anything. and my bluetooth doesn't work this time! what's the deal? it used to work? how can I get it working again? doesn't really matter as that new wireless card should be coming soon. Thanks guys!

try press Fn+f2 to turn on bluetooth. if that's not the problem, might be the extensions.. but i'm not sure which one is bluetooth, so dig around :P

Oh problems problems that's all I come here with. Well now I've got everything working with 10.5.1, the battery meter is the standard mac meter that comes with osx but ever since speedstep, or the battery meter with ant's kext that he posted when I go to reboot or shut down it grays out my screen and tells me I have to turn my computer off by holding the power button.. what's the deal? any ideas? would 10.5.2 fix it? I'm hesitant to upgrade because of the problems I had before with it.

@antaholics Thanks man I REALLY appreciate your help no one else would help me but I havent tried modified bios but I will give it a try I am using kalyway 10.5.1 and I also have ToH and XxX10.4.11 handy aswell :(

What flags did you boot with Kalyway 10.5.1? I haven't heard anything about your notebook so there isn't a lot I can help with... most people here are using Core Duo (no troubles) or Core 2 Duo (need modded BIOS). Do you have a 10.4.8 JaS disc to try booting off of? If you can boot off of that, it's a good start (you dont need to install Tiger though)

@Jermo,

Did you boot with verbose mode to see what the KP or crash might be? does it say anything in system logs?

This is off Softpedia ;) ...I have tried all the boot flags with the kalyway DVD the cpus=1 -v -x cpus=1 and just -v -x and -x -f -s and all those boot flags and still no luck of booting after installation :(

System Specifications:

Processor & Cache Memory

Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T7500: 2.2GHz,800MHz, 4MB L2 cache

Operating System

Genuine Windows Vista® Ultimate

Chipset

Mobile Intel® PM965 Express Chipset

Main Memory:

DDRII667MHz, up to 4 GB

*Systems configured with 4GB memory or more: Up to 1GB may not be available with 32-bit operation systems due to system resource requirement.

Display

15.4” Zero Bright Dot High Resolution Color shine LCD

Video Graphics & Memory

NVidia GeForce 8600M GT , External 512MB VRAM

Hard Drive

2.5” 9.5mm SATA 200GB 7200rpm supported

Optical Drive

DVD-S-Multi D/L Lightscribe (Standard package)

HD-DVD(Ultimate package)

-Support Module HOT Swap Function and 2nd HDD/Batt

Card Reader

MMC/ SD/ Mini-SD/ XD/ Memory Stick/ MS Pro/ MS-Duo/ MS-Pro-Duo(8-in-1)

Video Camera

Built-in 1.3M Pixels 240° swivel webcam with LED lighting

Fax/Modem/LAN/WLAN

On board 10/100/1000 Mbps Fast Ethernet Controller

(Intel® 82566MM Gigabit Network Connection)

Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN Network Connection

Built-in Bluetooth™V2.0+EDR

LED Status Indicator

Power-on/Suspend

Battery Charging/full/low

Storage device access

Capital / Scroll / Number Lock

E-mail in box

Wireless indicator

Touchpad Lock

Interface

1 x Express Card

1 x VGA port/Mini D-sub 15-pin for external monitor

1 x Headphone-out jack (SPDIF)

1 x Microphone-in jack

1 x RJ11 Modem jack for phone line

1 x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert

3 x USB 2.0 ports

1 x IEEE 1394 port

1 x HDMI

1 x E-SATA & USB combo port

Hot Keys

Instant launch Keys:

5 buttons: Touchpad Lock, Power4 Gear +, Email, Internet access, Wireless

Function Keys::

Fn+F1 Suspend switch :

Fn+F2 Wireless switch:

Fn+F4 Suspend to Disk:

Fn+F5 Brightness down :

Fn+F6 Brightness up:

Fn+F7 LCD on/off:

Fn+F8 LCD/CRT switch display :

Fn+F10 Volume on/mute:

Fn+F11 Volume down:

Fn+F12 Volume up

Audio

Built-in High Definition Audio compliant audio chip,

Built-in speaker and microphone

Keyboard

Standard Keyboard with 86 keys

Battery Pack & Life

8-cell, 4800mAh

AC Adapter

Output: 19 V DC, 4.74 A, 90W

Input: 100— 240V AC, 50/60Hz universal

Dimension & Weight

363 x 263 x25-38 mm (W x D x H)

2.9 Kg (8-cell battery pack & W/O ODD)

Security

BIOS Booting / HDD User Password Protection and security lock

Kensington lock hole

Supplied Accessories

Optical Mouse

Carrying bag

Leather Mouse pad

Mouse bag

Exquisite cleaning cloth

ASUS Lomborghini Power Station(Ultimate package)

Multimedia Software

ASUSDVD XP 6.0

Power Director V3.0 DE

Medi@Show V2.0 SE

Virus & Tool Software

BIOS Update:

Updated thermal policy

Updated EC firmware

Symantec Norton™ Internet Security 2007

Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.0

NERO Express V6.0

ASUS Utility

ASUS Live Update

ASUS Hotkey

ASUS Power4 Gear eXtreme

It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.

Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.

Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.

wait... so you installed it correctly? I was under the impression you couldn't install it.

boot off your DVD with cpus=1 -v rd=disk0s3 <== replace disk # with your OS X partition

copy AppleACPIPlatform.kext and AppleAPIC.kext from the Kalyway DVD in /System/Library/Extensions

and put it in the same folder on your HD.

boot with cpus=1 -v -f and see what happens.

alternately, using modded BIOS should solve the problem too.

lol congrats bilsta!

did you try the modded bios for both cores?

@easycome24,

AFAIK the webcam shouldn't have anything to do with AppleSMBIOS... but I could be wrong. Try installing Macam.

if it doesn't work, try checking the PID/VID for your webcam on windows (or System Information, if OS X sees it but can't use it) and look it up to see if it will work with macam. it should...

me, not so lucky.. my webcam isn't UVC :unsure:

lol congrats bilsta!

did you try the modded bios for both cores?

@easycome24,

AFAIK the webcam shouldn't have anything to do with AppleSMBIOS... but I could be wrong. Try installing Macam.

if it doesn't work, try checking the PID/VID for your webcam on windows (or System Information, if OS X sees it but can't use it) and look it up to see if it will work with macam. it should...

me, not so lucky.. my webcam isn't UVC ;)

Thanks but it showed sometimes in mac but moe time it doesnt show i dont know why........... and by using macam it wont work so i think i can just wait.........