The Official Asus F3 Series Notebook Thread!

antaholics

718 posts in this topic

hehe, good.. I was just thinking that a dedicated website is better than a forum thread.. but if its not needed I wont bother -_-

Guest undefined

but the thread is search-friendly, so i believe it's better :P and you can always help by posting some awesome drivers or guiding somebody -_-

Lokii,

That is a good idea and I appreciate the offer. Not to shoot you down or anything, but I honestly don't know if there is quite *enough* interest in the F3 series to keep a website running. There is really a handful of us =/

Ant

was thinking more about the Asus Laptops in general though :DBut alright, just want to help out! ;)

Btw, what happens if I install the OSX 10.5.2 update from "Software Update" instead of installing the Kalyway one?

was thinking more about the Asus Laptops in general though :DBut alright, just want to help out! ;)

Btw, what happens if I install the OSX 10.5.2 update from "Software Update" instead of installing the Kalyway one?

you will die a terrible, painful death.

just kidding ;)

your OS X install might though... but the death might be a bit quicker lol

lokii your system wont start, you can do it but then you need to replace files like mach_kernel, SMBIOS, system.kext and a few other patched files for your system to start

But the Kalyway update is pretty straight forward right? Wont have to reinstall drivers etc?

thanks!

Cheers

no... one of the files in the 10.5.2 update will (as far as i know, irreversibly) kill the install.

I've updated via Kalyway 10.5.2 pkg the first time. Then I killed the installation by doing something stupid and, the next time I updated I tought "WTF, let's update this through Apple".. and it did.

Everything went fine. Even the Graphics Update.

I think it's a matter of having compatible hardware. I don't know if Lokii's is. I believe it isn't... but you can always give it a shot.

no ALC660 drivers from anyone worked for me, so after trial and error of changing device id's etc etc, changing 0x00 numbers then i have come up with a F3JP Realtek ALC660 driver with no mute flag.

This will only work with ICH7 Intel bridge as i have used those device ID's

finally i got my audio working, here's my files already edited.

Realtek ALC660 - ICH7 Bridge

i will update my file to include mute flags, also just to let you all know i made the files thanks to AppleAzaliaAudio.kext which helps me with building the id's in these files.

If you want your audio card to work just change this line inside your ALCinject.kext file

Right click --> Show package contents --> Copy info.plist --> Paste to desktop

Open Info.plist with Plisteditpro --> Find the line that says

<key>IONameMatch</key>
		<string>pci8086,27d8</string>

ICH7 ALC660 uses pci8086,27d8, just google and you'll find yours

Save file, paste back into package, overwrite existing info.plist file, repair permissions

Josh

Can someone please tell me, why i don't get Bluetooth to work in Leo4All 10.5.2 ??? It doesn't. I think it has something to do with the on off switch. But even when its switched on and i press fn+F2 its not shown in Systemconfig or in About this Mac.

Plz Help! :D

I've updated via Kalyway 10.5.2 pkg the first time. Then I killed the installation by doing something stupid and, the next time I updated I tought "WTF, let's update this through Apple".. and it did.

Everything went fine. Even the Graphics Update.

I think it's a matter of having compatible hardware. I don't know if Lokii's is. I believe it isn't... but you can always give it a shot.

Did you run the script to remove AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext? It kinda kills the install permanently (in my case anyways, and I've revived this thing quite a few times from partition table errors, etc)... but I guess if you do remove the file with the script, you could theoretically update with autoupdate (I still personally wouldn't recommend it though :D)

Guest undefined
Can someone please tell me, why i don't get Bluetooth to work in Leo4All 10.5.2 ??? It doesn't. I think it has something to do with the on off switch. But even when its switched on and i press fn+F2 its not shown in Systemconfig or in About this Mac.

Plz Help! :thumbsup_anim:

i got bluetooth to work after modding bios, you should enable both wifi and bluetooth from windows, then reboot without touching the switch. and fn+f2 does really flash the LEDs under the touchpad, but i dont think it affects anything

Guest undefined
F3JP Realtek ALC660 driver with no mute flag.

it didnt work for me ;) not even recognized, and gives KP while shutdown

i will make a version for you, let me research ;)

it didnt work for me :wub: not even recognized, and gives KP while shutdown

Kalyway 10.5.2 doesn't have this file included, its removed in all there releases by default.

Did you run the script to remove AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext? It kinda kills the install permanently (in my case anyways, and I've revived this thing quite a few times from partition table errors, etc)... but I guess if you do remove the file with the script, you could theoretically update with autoupdate (I still personally wouldn't recommend it though :P)

undefined are you using ICH7 bridge or ICH8, your model depending on when you bought it did have one or the otherfor ICH8 try<key>IONameMatch</key> <string>pci8086,284b</string>only change this id in ALCinject file, all other files are configured, kexts shouldnt cause a KP manually install them, read my txt file and use terminal, repair permissionsjosh

UNDEFINED --> Try these ICH8 bridge files, i've edited them for you, these files should work because they work off exactly the same way Azalia kext worked, give it a try please, Audio drivers should not cause panics, never had that before.ALC660 ICH8Also your model is ALC660-VD

it didnt work for me ;) not even recognized, and gives KP while shutdown
after KP, try to reboot with: -f -x -v flags
really, no matter how many time i have played around with my audio kexts, i never received KP's, wierdjosh
It could be something related with the cache. So, on booting up, he should try the -f flag to rebuild itAnd, Atlee, how are you test with the card reader kexts going on?

jjduro cant test at the moment maybe on weekend, i'm just mucking around with PCMCIA/PC card kexts another member made, if you search you will find, or just look on previous pages, i've got too much school design work to do, so i'm locked up with work, will get around to it though

also need windows machine to find out my device id's for my ricoh card, at the moment the kexts include

{ "Ricoh RL5C465", IS_RICOH|IS_CARDBUS, ID(RICOH, RL5C465) }
{ "Ricoh RL5C466", IS_RICOH|IS_CARDBUS, ID(RICOH, RL5C466) }
{ "Ricoh RL5C475", IS_RICOH|IS_CARDBUS, ID(RICOH, RL5C475) }
{ "Ricoh RL5C476", IS_RICOH|IS_CARDBUS, ID(RICOH, RL5C476) }
{ "Ricoh RL5C477", IS_RICOH|IS_CARDBUS, ID(RICOH, RL5C477) }
{ "Ricoh RL5C478", IS_RICOH|IS_CARDBUS, ID(RICOH, RL5C478) }

not sure if mine is listed, but will play around later

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=81036, check for yourself, maybe play around, backup your system first, but i'm not 100% sure it works

josh

after KP, try to reboot with: -f -x -v flagsIt could be something related with the cache. So, on booting up, he should try the -f flag to rebuild itAnd, Atlee, how are you test with the card reader kexts going on?

Guest undefined
after KP, try to reboot with: -f -x -v flags

doesnt -f reverse the sequetion of loading kexts? and it doesn't matter, cause i tried to install 10.5.2 which ended by killing my poor leo. :)

atlee - those new drivers were indeed recognized, but still no sound neither from speaker or headphones. and they dont give any kps :thumbsup_anim:

also need windows machine to find out my device id's for my ricoh card, at the moment the kexts include

mine is 0592

jjduro cant test at the moment maybe on weekend, i'm just mucking around with PCMCIA/PC card kexts another member made, if you search you will find, or just look on previous pages, i've got too much school design work to do, so i'm locked up with work, will get around to it though

not sure if mine is listed, but will play around later

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=81036, check for yourself, maybe play around, backup your system first, but i'm not 100% sure it works

all righty then! :D

undefined please look in Extensions folder and if you see AppleAzaliaAudio.kext, delete and repair permissions, if the new ICH8 kexts i gave you are recognised then maybe you are running that bridge, only way i can fix yours is do apple live remote desktop connection to your pc and fix live, if you want me to do that i'll help you set it up.

josh

doesnt -f reverse the sequetion of loading kexts? and it doesn't matter, cause i tried to install 10.5.2 which ended by killing my poor leo. :)

atlee - those new drivers were indeed recognized, but still no sound neither from speaker or headphones. and they dont give any kps ;)

-f doesn't reverse the sequence of loading kexts as far as i know.... it just reads off the actual kexts instead of the mkext, and then rebuilds the mkext with the new kexts. if you don't do that, sometimes it will still load the old extensions instead of your new ones.

Guest undefined
undefined please look in Extensions folder and if you see AppleAzaliaAudio.kext, delete and repair permissions, if the new ICH8 kexts i gave you are recognised then maybe you are running that bridge, only way i can fix yours is do apple live remote desktop connection to your pc and fix live, if you want me to do that i'll help you set it up.

josh

i didnt have azaliaaudio, i didnt repair permissions which im going to do :D i'd love to let you remote connect, but i dont have internet connection at all (both lan and wlan dont work), but im getting a usb dongle this month, so hold on please :wacko: