Logic 8 on OSx86 is illegal

nagal

8 posts in this topic

I was on another forum where someone asked about the licensing of Logic 8. Another person posted this snippet from the EULA

From the Logic Studio Software License Agreement

"2. Permitted License Uses and Restrictions.

A. This License allows you to install and use one copy of the Apple Software on one Apple-labeled desktop computer and one Apple-labeled laptop computer so long as both computers are owned and used by you. This License does not allow the Apple Software to run on more than one computer at a time."

I find it interesting that they specifically inserted the term "Apple-labeled". I do not have a copy of the EULA myself to verify this.

EDIT: I just posted this as an interesting fact because if any of us cared, we would not be running OSx86 at all.

OsX86 is illegal.>_>
I was just going to point that out....
Has Apple asked any torrent sites to remove Logic 8 torrents?
Yeah...the mods @ Demonoid knocked off quite a few torrents of it right when it came out.They still haven't allowed ISO rips of the DVDs.

"Apple labeled", kinda tricky: Labeled by Apple or With "the" apple?

Ill put the apple on my Dell otherwise -_- and ffs this is only for them to "in the case of" legal ramifications in some court be able to say; our EULA states this..... did you read it? NO, well you should have.. Here's your fine now go and be happy..

I doubt that Apple will do anything right now legally since IMO they're quite happy with the stepup in marketshares the're getting right now, all publicity is good publicity.

Question is: Will they ever release OSX for the normal PC and will Dell be able to land a contract with Apple to sell Dell preconfigured with Apple software ? :(

And what about VISTA, it seems that both Ubuntu (in a few releases) and Apple with OS X will beat the {censored} out of it.

Where is MS in 10 years? :( It will be fun to see.

My Acer laptop was "Labled" with an Apple sticker from when I bought my 80 gig VideoPod. You wouldn't believe how many people asked me if it was an Apple laptop, or when Acer started making Apples....

If only I could have gotten OS X 86 on that....