17 posts in this topic

Hello guys.

I have installed leapord on my MacBook Pro 15in

From a DLDVD of GM

Install goes fine but when the computer reboots

it goes to grey screen then in a bit goes to an all blue screen with a cursor

there is nothing else on the screen

and was not promped to login in.

Has anyone had this probelm or now of a way to fix it.

Since then i have reinstalled my backup.

And am waiting patiantly untill tomarrow for my retail copy in the mail

but hoping i will not get the same results.

any suggestions or comments would be help full

I had the EXACT same problem on my wife's MacBook, AND my iMac.

After waiting an hour, and nothing happening, I powered down, booted off the Leopard DVD, did a Disk Repair from the pulldown menu, after it repaired, it worked, both machines.

Both were upgrades, not fresh install.

I assume we will find out tomorrow if we all were gineau pigs or if Apple will have a ton of support calls.........

Yes, im getting the Blue Screen issue too on my iMac CoreDuo 20".

Cant even boot into safe mode. Will watch this thread closely for recommendations as i cant do a fresh install as i backed up everything apart from my photos which i totally forgot about!!!!!!! :)

Same problem here. Imac 2.0 20inch first edition. blue screen, can't get the dvd out (even when holding down mouse button on boot), can't do an install and archive install as I don't have enough hd space left and I can't get in to move stuff - catch 22.

I will try the repair disk tip tonight when I go home.

Reasons (guesses) why it may have gone wrong for me:

1. hard disk space - only had 11gb free

2. left all my usb/firewire stuff plugged in

3. I used the install disk off usenet - although I assume everyone else is on the same image

Any solution to this much appreciated.

Engadget posted a "We've got Leopard, what do you wanna know?" story on their site... and this was my first question.

They've confirmed it too.... 9A581 is the actual retail build.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/10/25/weve-go...u-want-to-know/

I know this is important for anyone that installed it and wants to get updates through the OS. ;)

Let me explain how did I proceed.

Started installation from Tiger as an upgrade.

Rebooted, waited for the DVD checksum (which was correct) and proceeded with installation

It went smooth, I have the logs saved in the computer bu I cant access it right now since its not booting.

So after it rebooted for the first time I got stuck at the blue window right before login window. It has a mouse pointer, and bluetooth mouse works.

Safe mode sticks at the same screen.

Single user mode works.

I cant post verbose mode output anymore because I think I've rebooted so much that the system got broken. Now it doesnt even get to the blue screen anymore. I have a video though, barely readable.

I'll reinstall leopard still as an upgrade and see what happens. I'm not sure what the archive mode means, if I lose my installed apps and things like that, so if someone could point it out that'd be great.

By the way, I think that this blue screen issue has something to do with uncompatible applications, probably parallels or Missing Sync 4WM

Do not resort to archive install

This problem appears to be an unfortunate incompatibility with ShapeShifter software you might have installed.

Do this and it fixes it (worked for me)

1. Reboot into single-user mode (hold Cmd-S while booting machine)

2. Follow the directions OSX gives you when you get to the prompt (I think these were them - just type the two commands it tells you to):

fsck -fy /

/sbin/mount -uw /

3. Remove the following files:

rm -rf /Library/Preference Panes/Application Enhancer.prefpane

rm -rf /Library/Frameworks/Application Enhancer.framework

rm -rf /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/Application Enhancer.bundle

rm -f /Library/Preferences/com.unsanity.ape.plist

4. Exit, to continue booting normally

exit

(If these files don't exist then you might have an incompatibility with something other software you have installed)

BE VERY CAREFUL ENTERING THESE COMMANDS, IF YOU MAKE A MISTAKE AND DELETE THE LIBRARY OR SYSTEM FOLDERS BY ACCIDENT YOU MAY NEED TO DO THE UPGRADE AGAIN.