9A581 still buggy...

NoNaMeR

9 posts in this topic

Apple still haven't solved the problem occurred after 10.4.10 update - some USB hard drives are not recognized (my buffalo 500 gb is one of them). Temporary solution for this in 10.4.10 was to use IOUSBFamily.kext and IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext from 10.4.9...

this bug is still preset in leopard, you can use kexts from 10.4.9 (drive will get recognized) but then your trackpad won't be properly recognized. :)

hope will see update soon...

well I screwed my system with replacing IOHIDFamily.kext with the one provided in 10.4.9 (I hoped that will solve the trackpad problems)...

can anyone help me to restore kexts with original 10.5 ones.

10.5 system is unbootable it stops at blue screen.

I have 10.4.10 system on external USB drive, but I don't know how to boot from it...

and there is also Vista installation, but in the boot camp options I can't select USB drive as startup disk :(

bugs i have noticed since sunday:

wifi hangs the pc when you turn the wifi on

sometimes fails to mount network drives

trys to mount network drives when not needed

apps take far far far to long to kill when they are hanging

but this is a .0 release so it is to be expected, a 10.5.1 update will be released within 2 weeks of leopard going retail

Mail.app floods syslog with some kind of malloc error when I check .Mac mail.

Syslogd starts eating ALL of 2 cores, systems almost goes to a halt. When I kill Mail.app, and kill syslogd - back to normal.

P.S. Build 9A581.

P.P.S. Clean install.

bugs i have noticed since sunday:

wifi hangs the pc when you turn the wifi on

sometimes fails to mount network drives

trys to mount network drives when not needed

apps take far far far to long to kill when they are hanging

but this is a .0 release so it is to be expected, a 10.5.1 update will be released within 2 weeks of leopard going retail

I don't think it's a bug, it's just your card is Atheros5424 I guess and if you have to use Tiger's kexts.

What is weird though is during installation, Wifi works fine but in OSX it freezes when connecting : I guess because of some network preferences there isn't during installation.

So theorically the Airport driver works with atheros5424 since it works during installation...

Anyhow I don't care using the Tiger driver for now ;)

I got my USB hard drive working, after some serious voodoo :thumbsup_anim: ...

I have to turn on drive - while it is turned on, change power management (switch on the drive) from automatic to manual, turn off the drive, and then turn on again...It's really stupid, since I have to do it every time before connecting it, otherwise it is not recognized.

I'm expecting update to fix this...