DVD Authoring software for OS X

glassJAw

14 posts in this topic

Is there anything out there kind of like Nero?

I have a bunch of episodes in AVI format that I would to convert to DVD. I think iDVD/iMovie would be too much.

I would just like a menu with selection options and possibly music I can add to.

I used Nero to do this in Windows XP.

i think iDVD is the software. Don't care wether it is too much or not, there will be a point in the near future when you gonna say: i want to do this, and realise your program can't do the trick.

i personally use dvd studio pro from the final cut suite, that one really rocks

and to convert my video files i use ffmpegx

For a quick&dirty job with simple menus and no frills I use Toast 8. Works like a charm, even converts PAL contents to NTSC in not too shabby quality. The DVDs I made so far play in virtually every home player and I've never had a dud.

Just open the video menu and drop your avis or mpegs in there. Easy

Ok I made a iDVD video, 3 AVI files about 22 minutes each with a menu. The quality went worse although the complete disc was only 3.71 gigs. I then did the same and made it out of Toast and the quality was way better. I'd rather use iDVD because I made a sweet menu. Any ideas to keep the quality the same?

I did iDVD 4:3 ratio because the shows are 4:3, should I do it to 16:9?

I still like visualhub for this purpose. Unfortunately it doesn't put in a menu for you. I used iDvd once, and I was quite impressed. But my source video was quite bad (google video). It took like 24hrs to render the dvd and menus on my P4 3ghz though, which was REALLY long. *shrug*