Asus P5K-SE

xlars

121 posts in this topic

Sadly it did not work. I get same error.Maybe my problem is the graphic card... I am trying it with a PCI card...xlars: can you post your BIOS and PCB version and BIOS config please??ThanksI resetted the BIOS setting (which enabled AHCI ACPI) and now I am on my way installing Tiger macosx86 disk! :) I also changed the graphic card but that was not the problem!I have now changed back to PCI Nvidia 5200 card and is about to install...

Sadly it did not work. I get same error.Maybe my problem is the graphic card... I am trying it with a PCI card...xlars: can you post your BIOS and PCB version and BIOS config please??ThanksI resetted the BIOS setting (which enabled AHCI ACPI) and now I am on my way installing Tiger macosx86 disk! :) I also changed the graphic card but that was not the problem!I have now changed back to PCI Nvidia 5200 card and is about to install...

Are you using P5K-SE ? :-)

Yes, I bought it actually so I could use it with my Core 2 Quad as a Xen box using Ubuntu Gutsy, but the hardware was not supported so I went out and bout another motherboard and a Core 2 Duo cpu...

This gonna be my new HTPC in livingroom using FronRow (as an AppleTV substitute) and powerful enough to playback mkv files

Btw, do you have a hack to make the internal NIC working?

It is not importaint in Tiger, but in Leopard it is very importaint

The internal NIC is an Attansic and there is no a driver for OSX yet.

So the easiest solution is to buy a cheap Realtek 8139 PCI card (6 euros). OSX perfectly detects and uses it

so sad..stiill doesnt workk...i think i need to get sata dvd as soon as posible...thanks for ur helping xlars...i will report after i get sata dvd...

The sata dvd is as cheap as a dvd ide, and it is much easier to install :-)

hurmm....i think my bios already in default configuration....i never touch bios except boot..hehe....so what is internal NIC for??i got 2 lan card here...one in MOBO and one is realtek 8139 pci.....

Disable mobo lan card. Use realtek 8139 only

I installed few days ago,the CHAOSX86(10.4.10)and i made an update(tryied :rolleyes: ) to get 10.4.11...and after i rebooted,i couldn't get back to the macosx. I uninstalled everything( included the win xp) on the hdd,and tryied again. Everything fine,until i rebooted again,and there i received the same "please push the restart button .." I cannot instal again the MACOSX,i don't know what's wrong.What do i have to check (or not) from the install package,when i install de macosx?Where can be the problem? I wouldn't be so sad,but i did it last week,and now...seems to be impossible. Can anyone help me?? Please.Thanks in advance.

I installed few days ago,the CHAOSX86(10.4.10)and i made an update(tryied ;) ) to get 10.4.11...and after i rebooted,i couldn't get back to the macosx. I uninstalled everything( included the win xp) on the hdd,and tryied again. Everything fine,until i rebooted again,and there i received the same "please push the restart button .." I cannot instal again the MACOSX,i don't know what's wrong.What do i have to check (or not) from the install package,when i install de macosx?Where can be the problem? I wouldn't be so sad,but i did it last week,and now...seems to be impossible. Can anyone help me?? Please.Thanks in advance.

You have to install the PC EFI from Netkas, after installing 10.4.10 and before trying to do a direct upgrade to 10.4.11

I understand what tou mean,but i'm affraid i can't do it as you said,because after the MAC OS X is installed,i have to reboot,and after i reboot,i can't go into MAC OS X. I think i'll try another image from CHAOSX86. I will report as soon as possible.Thanks for your advice.

I understand what tou mean,but i'm affraid i can't do it as you said,because after the MAC OS X is installed,i have to reboot,and after i reboot,i can't go into MAC OS X. I think i'll try another image from CHAOSX86. I will report as soon as possible.Thanks for your advice.

Use two partitions, one for Tiger and another for Leo, so you can fix one from the other :-)

If i would install Leo on my PC :D:P:D .... I just tryied with Tiger,and i have no idea where can i get the version that's compatible with my hardware(i mean Leo version--there is a lot,and i'm confused....ToH...Brazil Mac,Flat image,Leo_dvd_patched....)Can you tell me which one shall i download ,and where from? Thanks a lot.

Hey Guys,

I finally downloaded the Chaos image and installed Tiger,

I get an error on boot (black box after apple logo and scrollie wheel)

I assumed this was normal, Im really interested in getting Leopard

going anyway.

I then used the boot loader to boot an Installed Leopard

and I get the same error.

System

Asus p5k se, q6600, 2 gb, 8800gt, Raptor 150, sata dvdr

This should be easy...

Any Ideas, I must really be messing things up.

Hi guys,

I instaled the ChaOSX and everything went ok, just the SATA 3 - 4 don`t working.

Then I instaled the Andrly patch, ok all recognized, but when I try to instal my Logic Studio or expand any file bigger then 1.34gb it freeze the system and ask to reboot.

When I reboot everything was there but crashes all the times.

I tried without the patch with just SATA 1-2 and everything installs ok and extract big files too.

I`m on a ASUS P5K-SE - Core 2 Duo E6750 - 4Gb Ram - GeForce 6600GT - Realtek NIC - IDE DVD-RW (Marvell) - 2x Seagate 320GB SATA 2 (ports 1-2) - 1x Samsung 80GB (port 3).

Any ideas for what is happenig?