Getting DG33TL to work

ive scene enough

133 posts in this topic

I am waiting for Newegg to deliver some parts so that I can also try installing on a DG33TL.

I will be using:

- Intel Q6600 Quad Core

- Intel DG33TL motherboard

- 2 Gb of DDR2 800

- Seagate SATA 400 GB

- PIONEER SATA DVD-RW (DVR-212DBK)

- XFX GeForce 7300GS

- ENCORE ENLGA-1320 10/ 100/ 1000Mbps PCI Ethernet

For those who have got it to work, does restart/power down work? Can you use multiple hard drives?

To the guy who is having problems above me, try changing the SATA port of your DVD drive. Also, I dont think onboard video is supported. Try using a supported video card from the compatible hardware list.

push F8 in the beginning of the install, then type "-v" to see what is causing the error. If it says still waiting for root device then your DVD ROM is the problem.ViveLaBiereDoes your power/restart work in osx? Do all of your SATA connections work? Can you run multiple drives?Thanks!!!

Here is a screen shot of what I get after enabling verbose mode. All the kexts load and then it comes to this screen and just freezes. I have no HD or DVD drive activity. Also, here is a detailed list of specs.

Intel Q6700

DG33TL

1 Hitachi 180GB SATA HD

1 250GB Western Digital SATA HD

1 Pioneer IDE DVD-RW

2GB DDR2 800

post-8923-1199635809_thumb.jpg

I' m pretty sure all you need is a SATA dvd drive. Will know for sure on tuesday when i get mine. Also I spoke to someone with the`dg33tl who confirmed that restart worked but shutdown didnt. Also SATA ports 1/2 work. SATA 3-6 untested. Anyone have any luck testing multiple hdd's after sucessful install?

Okay IT DOES WORK ON THE DG33TL!!!!!

Heres how! You must have a SATA hdd & dvd-rw hooked up to the top two SATA channels.

If you have other drives disconnect them during the install!

When formating your drive select MBR not GUID!

During the install click customization & check the two kernel files and go to EFI Bootloader & select MBR!

Once you get that all installed you will need to install the 9271 sound drivers which are easy to install by searching "Sigmatel 9271" on here.

GOOD LUCK & HAPPY OSX86ing!

By the way its FAST AS HELL! VOTE RON PAUL 2008!

Edit: SLEEP/SHUTDOWN/RESTART work PERFECT! MULTIPLE DRIVES ALSO WORK!!! :(

Heres how! You must have a SATA hdd & dvd-rw hooked up to the top two SATA channels.

During the install click customization & check the two kernel files and go to EFI Bootloader & select MBR!

Once you get that all installed you will need to install the 9271 sound drivers which are easy to install by searching "Sigmatel 9271" on here.

Edit: SLEEP/SHUTDOWN/RESTART work PERFECT! MULTIPLE DRIVES ALSO WORK!!! :D

Thanks for the info! You have given me new hope on having a quad core Hackintosh. I'm gonna have to snag a sata dvd-rw drive when I get my vid card so I can test it out. One question. After Leopard is installed and I reconnect my other sata hard drives, will they be recognized?

Edit: SLEEP/SHUTDOWN/RESTART work PERFECT! MULTIPLE DRIVES ALSO WORK!!! ;)

Hello, what is your "Drive Configuration" in the BIOS setup? Is it "IDE", "AHCI" or "RAID"? Or is it "Legacy"?

I am trying to install iATKOS v1.0i (Uphuck) and have had no luck installing it on DG33TL. It simply hangs during installation. Anybody installed it successfully?

Thanks.

I have my drives configured as Raid. When I installed I disconnected all of my drives except for my system drive. So main drive should be on Sata 0 & DVD burner should be on Sata 1. These are the top two on the board. I used Kalyway so you might wanna try that version as i had no problems. All of my drives were recognized when I plugged them in to the remaining 4 SATA ports. When using Kalyway do MBR not GUID in Drive Utility. For some reason GUID doesnt work with the DG33TL. Good Luck!

I have my drives configured as Raid. When I installed I disconnected all of my drives except for my system drive. So main drive should be on Sata 0 & DVD burner should be on Sata 1. These are the top two on the board. I used Kalyway so you might wanna try that version as i had no problems. All of my drives were recognized when I plugged them in to the remaining 4 SATA ports. When using Kalyway do MBR not GUID in Drive Utility. For some reason GUID doesnt work with the DG33TL. Good Luck!

Hello, Ronpaul,

I encountered the same problem as shown in one the previous posts. It simply hung at "BSM auditing present". I have very almost identical hardware like yours but I can't seem to get it to install with Kalyway 10.5.1. Maybe there is some speical BIOS setup option that you chose? Did you use any speical BIOS option that is worth mentioning? I tried with 512 MB (1 stick) as well as 4GB (2 stick) of memory. That doesn't seem to make a difference.

Thanks.

Provide me with a list of your hardware. Set your SATA controller to RAID mode. Make sure that you are using SATA hard drives/dvd burner & that they are connected to the top two SATA ports!!! Do not use the onboard graphics card or network card. If it doesnt work try switching your SATA cables around to differant ports. It took me 6 hours before i got the configuration right & use Kalyway!

You need to set your drives to AHCI not raid. Sorry for the confusion, I just reinstalled on a bigger hdd.

Could you do everyone a hugh favor and post all the settings in your BIOS. I've tried everything and still get freezing at either BSM auditing present or ACPI: Button driver prevents system sleep, and other times get a Waiting on <dict ID="0"> ... Boot-uuid-media</string></dict>. Settings like SW Single Processor Mode, XD Technology, VT Technology, ACPI Suspend State, UEFI boot. I think if we had the exact working settings. We can move on to figuring out that maybe there is a component issue. Thanks

hey guys. is there a way around the 'BSM Auditing Present' hang? with my hardware (dg33tl, 1gb ram, q6600) i freeze at the same place every time. i'm trying to keep this simple by using on-board video and sound. iAtkos and Kalyway both do the same thing so i know that the problem is not with the install dvds. As it stands now I can't even get to the Leopard install screen.

hey guys. is there a way around the 'BSM Auditing Present' hang? with my hardware (dg33tl, 1gb ram, q6600) i freeze at the same place every time. i'm trying to keep this simple by using on-board video and sound. iAtkos and Kalyway both do the same thing so i know that the problem is not with the install dvds. As it stands now I can't even get to the Leopard install screen.

I'm still trying to figure it out. Mine hangs there also using stock onboard video as well as a PCI card. I'm fixing to order a known working PCI Express card. Stay tuned...

Hi all.

The only problem now with the DG33TL its with the LAN (82566DC) try alot of stuff and read alot of posts... nothing worked.

i want to buy same external USB lan but i dont know what will work with the 10.5.1...

any ideas?

by typing 'cpus=1' at the darwin prompt, the computer goes past 'auditing present' and adds this:

From path: "uuid",

Waiting for boot volume with UUID F0F8EEC8-E6A8-3F3A-888A-C706B63FB076

Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

where it then freezes again.

Anyone know what it means? or am I still just spinning my wheels trying to get osx on this @#$%^&* thing?

what hardware are you using? Please post your hardware in your posts!!! Also, why would you want a USB network card? Just buy the one I have for $8. USB will probably run into various problems.

First: What card you have? i dont see yours spec...

Sec: i dont want to put a PCI lan card becuz of my vista, it will go made (i think) with too LANS installed?

my card is listed on the 2nd page. disable the onboard lan & install a pci card. although it should be said that vista can handle two network cards. Why dont you uninstall vista & install xp/osx?

First: What card you have? i dont see yours spec...

Sec: i dont want to put a PCI lan card becuz of my vista, it will go made (i think) with too LANS installed?

O.K. I am getting a different error now. I switched my install disc to iAtkos v1.0ir2 and now i get stuck at:

Apple16X50UARTSync1: Detected 16550AF /C/CF FIFO=16 MaxBaud=115200

I am about to quit on this project tho, I am tired of getting the same errors in different combinations. I don't know what they mean and nobody else seems to know either. I guess I'll go back to Linux with its terrible hardware support and no iTunes and wait it out till a new version of the install dvd is available. I refuse to believe that Intel's onboard graphics and lan won't work. Especially the video, this is the most common video chip in the world by a long shot.