Getting DG33TL to work

ive scene enough

133 posts in this topic

Video card was the issue with my installer lockups. It will lockup with only on-board video. It will lockup when using PCI ATI 9250. If you getting installer lockups with onboard or PCI cards, you need to get a PCI Express card. Also as ronpaul stated SATA DVD drive, SATA HD. Ronpaul could point me to the audio kext you used. And do you know how to get an ATI 1650 pro working. I'll keep working on those issues until then. Hopefully I can get them working correctly.

i having a problem with my ati x1900 xt locking up even before i get to the install screen. its giving me an error "property 'driver" then a bunch of numbers.. when i took card out and used the on board video card it got to the apple logo screen then froze. im using the intel dg33tl any suggestions.

I just got my 6700 and mobo in today.I need to pick up the SATA hd, and CDrom. I'm still deciding if I want to get a Mac Pro case for this or not.
FYI, Kalyway see's this system as a Mac Pro, so people wouldn't know the difference if you put it in a Mac Pro case. :( If you spend the money on a Mac Pro case you might as well get a better board also.
i having a problem with my ati x1900 xt locking up even before i get to the install screen. its giving me an error "property 'driver" then a bunch of numbers.. when i took card out and used the on board video card it got to the apple logo screen then froze. im using the intel dg33tl any suggestions.
At this point you will have to use a PCI Express card to install OSx86 using the Kalyway release. You might also be able to get iATKOS to install using a PCI Express card (I haven't had any luck with iATKOS). Maybe once 10.5.2 is released, we might get X3100 support.

by typing 'cpus=1' at the darwin prompt, the computer goes past 'auditing present' and adds this:

From path: "uuid",

Waiting for boot volume with UUID F0F8EEC8-E6A8-3F3A-888A-C706B63FB076

Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

where it then freezes again.

Anyone know what it means? or am I still just spinning my wheels trying to get osx on this @#$%^&* thing?

Yeah, i've literally tried a dozen different things and this is the point i'm getting stuck at. The people that get past this seem to ahve PCIe GPUs, and I just have the on board.

But considering Apple uses the freaking GMA 3100 i don't see why that wouldn't be supported.

Yeah, i've literally tried a dozen different things and this is the point i'm getting stuck at. The people that get past this seem to ahve PCIe GPUs, and I just have the on board.

But considering Apple uses the freaking GMA 3100 i don't see why that wouldn't be supported.

See my previous post. As of right now, you absolutely need a PCI Express GPU.

FYI, I was installing on a Intel DG965 mobo with a Q6600, the integrated graphics were giving me the 'BSM Auditing Present' error. I got around this by using external graphics. Xexen, thanks for the suggestion. Initially I was just trying to keep things simple by using the internal graphics.

ok so i got the DG33tl to work. Leopard Runs fine. Sleep Mode doenst work for me, but i dont care. The sound and network don't work so i have my m-audio fast track usb as my sound card. and i bought a cheap dynex wireless card that works out the box. leo detects it as a 3rd party wireless card. As far as the install process i was having the same issues as most of you i tried th -x, platform=x86pc, etc. those didn't work for me. then i tried -x and everything booted just fine. so my config is:

DG33TL Motherboard

Intel Q6600 running at 2.4ghz

3gb of RAM (soon to be 8gb)

Seagate 300gb SATA

Samsung DVD/CD SATA

ATI Radeon X1900

Kalyway 10.5.1

M-Audio Fast Track (im sure any usb soundcard would work)

Dynex PCI wireless card

ok so i got the DG33tl to work. Leopard Runs fine. Sleep Mode doenst work for me, but i dont care. The sound and network don't work so i have my m-audio fast track usb as my sound card. and i bought a cheap dynex wireless card that works out the box. leo detects it as a 3rd party wireless card. As far as the install process i was having the same issues as most of you i tried th -x, platform=x86pc, etc. those didn't work for me. then i tried -x and everything booted just fine. so my config is:

DG33TL Motherboard

Intel Q6600 running at 2.4ghz

3gb of RAM (soon to be 8gb)

Seagate 300gb SATA

Samsung DVD/CD SATA

ATI Radeon X1900

Kalyway 10.5.1

M-Audio Fast Track (im sure any usb soundcard would work)

Dynex PCI wireless card

You can get onboard sound working by following the instructions from this post. LINK!!

so i got a pcie card. (XFX8600GTXXX). I was wondering what installation options you guys are using for the most successful install? My pc keeps freezing before the install is complete.

You are able to start the install, initialize the drive, select install options and start installing, but it freezes during the install? Did the disk checksums match? Does the disc integrity check pass? System overheating? Bad RAM?

Edit!!!!!!

I just found this:

Installation Issue: Hanging at 1 Minute Left

Issue: Installer hangs at about "1 minute left"

Solution: Once the installer hangs at 1 min left, Reboot back into the DVD installation in the same manor as before. Do NOT format the drive, Relabel or enter the disk utility at all. Continue through the installation, this time it will finish installing successfully, and quicker as it will only install the missing files.

Here is the link to the site I found it at. LINK

Onboard video will never work? Or it won't until someone actually patches it?

I was hoping I could pull a graphics card temporarily for the install and then somehow onboard would magically work??

I was running Kalyway 10.5.1 on my Gigabyte DS3, but decided to make a Leopard-only computer using the motherboard from the Intel bundle. I didn't realize there were so many problems until it was actually all built.

Onboard video will never work? Or it won't until someone actually patches it?

I was hoping I could pull a graphics card temporarily for the install and then somehow onboard would magically work??

I was running Kalyway 10.5.1 on my Gigabyte DS3, but decided to make a Leopard-only computer using the motherboard from the Intel bundle. I didn't realize there were so many problems until it was actually all built.

I have no doubt in my mind that it will work eventually. Possibly after 10.5.2 is released. Supposedly there are (extra/more stable) video drivers included in the latest test release. Also from my understanding not all the boards with the GMA 3100 have issues. It depends on the manufactures implementation.

ok well i downloaded the kalyway 10.5.1 dvd,

i have the q6700 cpu, dg33tl (of course), 4 gb of ram, 100 gb sata hdd and lg sata dvd-rw (ahci setting of course) but when i load the installer, it loads fine but my mouse seems to be skipping.

lemme explain: whenever i move my mouse, it moves but then jumps back to the top left corner, any ideas anybody ?

oh and because of that i could'nt format my hdd, so i couldn't install hackintosh.

thanks for your help.

edit: okay i changed my keyboard and it's working fine now. I install leopard and it's working fine. now time to find a compatible wireless usb dongle.

ok well i downloaded the kalyway 10.5.1 dvd,

i have the q6700 cpu, dg33tl (of course), 4 gb of ram, 100 gb sata hdd and lg sata dvd-rw (ahci setting of course) but when i load the installer, it loads fine but my mouse seems to be skipping.

lemme explain: whenever i move my mouse, it moves but then jumps back to the top left corner, any ideas anybody ?

oh and because of that i could'nt format my hdd, so i couldn't install hackintosh.

thanks for your help.

edit: okay i changed my keyboard and it's working fine now. I install leopard and it's working fine. now time to find a compatible wireless usb dongle.

What are you using for a video card?? Did you get onboard sound and NIC working? Does Sleep mode work?

I'm pretty hesitant to spend more cash on this build until it's verified functional.

Why does System Profiler crash on launch?

As the other thread notes, I got this install, and the seperate PCIe gpu did the trick.

It's pretty fast and pretty stable, but stuck in a crappy resolution because the 8800 doesn't work yet, and neither does the networking.

How do people go about building (since i'd assume Intel has Darwin drivers somewhere) drivers for those things?

Also, about this Macintosh thinks it's a 4Ghz Core 2 Solo, but Activity Monitor sees all 4 cores properly.

Hiya folks! Newcomer here.

I've been doing some research on installing OSX on the PC and happened to find this little post which pertains to me.

I'm another one of those intel bundle buyers. Here's my current setup.

Intel DG33TL Board

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

Nvidia 8800GTOC

4GB PC5300 RAM

Seagate 320GB SATA Hard Drive

Maxtor 40GB IDE Hard Drive

Samsung Super WriteMaster SH-S203

Now that puny little 40GB was my hopeful Mac destination. What I need to know atm is this;

What drive setup should I be using? From what I've read, RAID is not reccomended. IDE Native or ACHI? Some direction here would be helpful.

I understand the LAN card is a lost card. I prefer a wired setup and I assume I can pick up a PCI LAN card and I'll be good to go?

I'd like to keep this DG33TL conversation going, rather than trying to peice together 1000 different ideas from all over.

Thanks

This was my weekend project, and I just got everything working! Onboard sound, PCIex16 video, PCI ethernet.

DG33TL (ViaRhine.kext for sound)

Q6600 Core2Quad

BFG GeForce 8600 GTS OC (NVInstaller v.33, even though it's for 10.5.2)

4x 1 GB G.Skill 800 MHz DDR2

Pioneer SATA DVD-RW on SATA0

Maxtor 320GB SATA HDD on SATA1

SATA drives configured to AHCI (For initial install, boots disabled thereafter)

PCI D-Link DFE-530TX+ Ethernet adapter (drivers provided in the HCL list of OSX86 project wiki)

ronpaul saved the day on this one. When you boot the Kalyway 10.5.1 install, go into disk tools, wipe everything, and then go into partitions. It is at this point, creating a partition, when you can select MBR or GUID. Once you select MBR here, you must also select MBR in the installation configuration. They have to match. Mine didn't and I got errors like "b0 error" and "System config file '/com.Apple.Boot.plist' not found" after what I thought was a successful installation.

Lovely!

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished my second install of OSX. A little over a year ago I installed OS X Tiger on an Asus P5W and then scrapped the whole osx86 thing because I couldn't get all my apps working and went with a Macbook. Then I bought an Imac and realized that my osx86 was noticeably faster so I sold my imac and now using the intel purchase program. Here is my specs:

Intel q6700

Intel DG33TL board

4gb(2x2gb) OCZ Platinum DDR800

BFG 8800GT OC 512mb PCI-E

500gb SATA & 320gb SATA

20" Apple Cinema Display

Lian Li a16a Silver Aluminum case

Apple slim aluminum keyboard

Apple Wireless Mighty mouse(changing to a Logitech MX620)

Harmon Kardon 3 piece speaker set

Gigabit ethernet PCI card

Everything is working and the pc is absolutely beautiful with the 20" display and Lian-li case. I recommend this case to anyone who is looking to build a hack pro because it matches the Aluminum display perfectly and is very ez to setup. I used the Kalyway 10.5.1 dvd, the 10.5.2 comboupdate and teh 10.5.2 vanilla kernel update. Everything is running fast. I did have to use memmax=3325 in my com.apple.boot.plist in order for crashing to stop but now everything runs perfect. xbench so far is at 162 but i believe that's because of the slow disks and no overclocking. I will tweak things as I go. Ilife 08 works without a hitch as well as Final Cut Pro with my HD Sony camcorder. So far I'm loving this setup.

post-79421-1204577005_thumb.jpg