This just does´nt work OSX86

bguran

38 posts in this topic

Thanks DFC it looks like I can´t use the v mode that option seems not to work for me for some reason. I don´t know could be I´ve downloaded a corruped version of jas 10.4.8 but I doubt it since it installs ok it´s just when try to fire it up that I get the black screen. I ´ve been thinking it might be that the digital output in fact works ok but I only have VGA monitors at the moment so I can´t check that.

Only problem is I´m actually a carmechanic you moronSo DannoXYZ you ran out of words or what?

What are you an idiot? You come on the forum as a clueless newbie, having obviously done ZERO reseach before diving in to osx86, and call people who reply morons, and expect to get any help? I hope your a better mechanic than you are a forum user, cause you :) at that.

What are you an idiot? You come on the forum as a clueless newbie, having obviously done ZERO reseach before diving in to osx86, and call people who reply morons, and expect to get any help? I hope your a better mechanic than you are a forum user, cause you :) at that.

Thanks bud I had it coming I´m sorry. The reason why I started out like I did was that I was pretty frustrated and pissed myself why all the vital info you need as a newbie seems you can´t get acces to without digging through tons of threads here. All I want is to find out if it´s possible to put together a mac/PC with a quad core cpu that`ll let me use my good old M Audio Delta 1010 soundcard. See I don´t play around with computers nor Mac or PCs for a hobby I have absolutely no interest, music is my hobby and if I can get something that comes close to the new Mac Pro for under half the price that I can run Logic Studio on (I paid for it so it´s perfectly leagal) why not try. Then when I started to do my research (man we ´re talking weeks here so zero research that´s not really true) I was amazed why some of the obvious vital info was so hard to find. Things like how on earth do one actually do the patching, how do you work round/ get acces to kexts, what is a kext, do you have to have a running copy of osx86 to edit/work these things or is it enough if you install it and do your work fixing stuff on you osx86 HD in your PC etc. Small things that really could help a newbie out. Sure it´s great with the hardware lists and hardware that does´nt work but if you have stuff that should work but it does´nt you need the stuff I spoke about above here. After a while I got a feeling well in short words I got pissed, I mean I´ve seen people more clueless than I am speaking even worse english than I do not knowing even how to ask the questions the right way getting completely ignored all over the internet in osx86 forums. I can´t see why it´s so hard to keep this info easy accessable for all us newbies from all over the world can one really expect the everyday Joe from for example Azurbadjan to be able to do the kind of research needed to "get it" the hard way. Keep it easy and the stupid clueless newbie questions you´ll never get at all. Moast of us can read English pretty good so a couple of threads round these matters should do it. But Ok if this is a closed society where you have to earn your respect in terms of being able to handle the english language regarding high tech computer terms and being one big world champion on forumtechniques only newbies like myself will make it through and I´m sure a whole bunch will not. So what I say here is pretty much Give Hackintosh to the people let this not be an exclusive club for the already gifted ones. Ofcourse I respect all the hard work people have done here making it possible but can´t I show it in some other way send flowers, buy a you cop of coffe, ship over a few dollars etc. etc. rather than digging through tons of threads. Why invent the wheel again.

bguran,

No problem, we've all been frustrated at one time or another. :o

If I remember right your 10.4.8 DVD has no drivers for Nvidia included, you would need 10.4.9 to get natit/titan drivers installed with the OS installation. I'd rather not post a link here but a major and well known torrent site has what you are probably looking for, I was able to find a torrent quite easy today. It shouldn't be too hard to find and the file size is much much smaller as well, at not much over a gb. Let us know what you come up with.

DCF

Aplology accepted, most people would just continue to rant and whine, thank you. I just get PO'd when newbs come onto a forum with an attitude and blame the people trying to help them, and I'm not one to keep my mouth shut ^_^

[Rant]I know research sucks, but I put in hours and hours of reading to get my machine up and running and stable, almost all of it done here. Almost every question that you could have has been answered somewhere in this forum, one of the things regulars get PO'd at on ANY forum is people asking questions that have been answered 20 times, the person looking for the info just failed to do any research first.[/Rant]

Don't tie yourself to a single build/release of osx86 either, despit the end results, the installers are different, one may work on one setup while another may not. I just did an Asus/P4 775 install not too long ago, for the life of me I couldn't get the uphuck 10.4.9 release to install, spent hours on it. Finally tried the Jas 10.4.8 and it worked flawlessly the first time.

You said your using an nVidia graphics card. Make sure you go to custom install when you install and select the nVidia hacks. The custom install button is available after you select the disk you want to install to and press next. The button is on the bottom to the left.

Thanks DFC sometimes out of frustration I end up acting like a total lunatic I know that and then if people starts to talk back at me well you probably know where we´re heading. Even though my first language is not English during my years surfing the internet, watching american movies and shows on TV and listening to music with English lyrics I´m sad to say I´ve picked up a few words and ways of expressing myself that might not be so smart to use. Thanks man you that saw me through.

The Nvidia drivers at least the kext I have in my Jas 10.4.8 system/library/extension folder and I´ve recently read they should be removed to make things work. A few posts down the thread hehe.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...40971&st=60

and also my Jas 10.4.8 says it includes the natit/titan. I downloaded the Jas 10.4.9 combo upgrade last night but since I can´t get things running I can´t upgrade to it. Well anyway why I started to try this out is because I have this asus p4p800se motherboard based PC and I wanted to find out if this osx86 thing really did work. This since I´ve recently decided to move over my musicmaking (I´m no pro just a hobbyist) from PC to Mac and started out the cheap way by buying a Mac Mini and man the Mini is not bad is just a super good little thing the sice of a cigarrbox. Next logical step would be to either go for the new Mac Pro and pay a hefty sum of money or try to get this osx86 thing to work.

At this stage I´m beginning to think there´s a problem with the version of Jas 10.4.9 I found on the site ..... (you know), that it might be corupted or that I´ve been trying to install it on a HD that maby is not compatible for osx86 or broken or something (it´s an IBM 40 gig HD). So I´ll try another HD but sadly it´s another IBM but an 80 gig and if it does´nt work I´ll start of buying myself an iMac and when I have the money I´ll go for the Mac Pro. This cause my only interest in this is to get the best possible computer (and cheapest) for musicmaking.

Thanks for your help man

guran

Aplology accepted, most people would just continue to rant and whine, thank you. I just get PO'd when newbs come onto a forum with an attitude and blame the people trying to help them, and I'm not one to keep my mouth shut :blink: [Rant]I know research sucks, but I put in hours and hours of reading to get my machine up and running and stable, almost all of it done here. Almost every question that you could have has been answered somewhere in this forum, one of the things regulars get PO'd at on ANY forum is people asking questions that have been answered 20 times, the person looking for the info just failed to do any research first.[/Rant] Don't tie yourself to a single build/release of osx86 either, despit the end results, the installers are different, one may work on one setup while another may not. I just did an Asus/P4 775 install not too long ago, for the life of me I couldn't get the uphuck 10.4.9 release to install, spent hours on it. Finally tried the Jas 10.4.8 and it worked flawlessly the first time.
Hey man I´m glad you replied thanks. I´ll see what my next step will be regarding digging in to this osx86 thing cause as I said I´m only in here to get a good stable musicmaking computer and it´s still pretty unclear if I´ll ever get my M Audio Delta 1010 Pci soundcard to work. So my interest in digging in deep in to this is not, well to be honest I was only looking for a cheap way to get there. And the hours I´ve spend coming from absolute Zero knowledge about this trying to catch up is starting to get way to many. So maby I`ll better leave the space for the guys that have a true computerbased interest in this. I mean I could allways just buy myself a Mac Pro when I have the money and the Mac mini 1,85 Ghz 2 gig memory I´ve bought is really a supercool little thing and it works good for now. I´ll try one last time with another HD though and see what happends cause I´m thinking there might be something wrong with the first one I used. Seems it´s been a little hard to find the "right" downloads lately so maby in some time from now things will change and one can download without having to suspect there might be something wrong. OK Take care man
You said your using an nVidia graphics card. Make sure you go to custom install when you install and select the nVidia hacks. The custom install button is available after you select the disk you want to install to and press next. The button is on the bottom to the left.
Thanks good advice you give here I think I did that but I´ll check it out just to make sure thanks man.

Thanks Windows RG. Man this is just so strange cause I just changed over to another HD even formated it using my Mac mini since I´ve read there could be a maulfuntion with the diskutility within Jas 10.4.8. This one is a 80 gig IBM deskstar HD but this one does´nt work at all so probably IBM HDs is the problem. the earlier one I used was also an IBM Deskstar but a 40 gig. Well it´s late night/early morning over here so I´ll just watch my Tommy Emmanuel DVD for a while instead before I go to sleep, man he can play the guitar for sure he´s just so incredibly good wish I could share with you. Probably the best player in the world. OK goodnight guys.

actuall i have an xfx geforce 6800. and i got it to work by not installing natit. then installing after osx booted up... i had to swap the device ID's in the kext.

Out of curiosity, whch version of OSx86 are you running, and if it is 10.4.9, could you maybe give me a walkthrough on how to do that? I also have the XFX Geforce 6800.

actuall i have an xfx geforce 6800. and i got it to work by not installing natit. then installing after osx booted up... i had to swap the device ID's in the kext.

I got my Nvidia 6600GT to work 100% natively by installing natit in JaS 10.4.8 upgraded to 10.4.9 (JaS), I did install agpgart too, but on my motherboard this doesn't enhance performance.

For some agpgart breaks compatibility for others it enhances it.

If you have the Asus P4P800 SE Motherboard and the PNY Geforce 6200 AGP videocard download Kalway 10.4.10 (if you can find it cause that´s the hard part sometimes) then change the settings for Graphics Aperture size in your computer setup (hit delete during start) to minimum (that would be 4mb). You´ll find it under Advanced/Advanced chipset settings. My computer runs now all I had to do only problem is it shuts down cause of some energysaving mode or something probably fixable within the setup or the OS. Network OK to no patching been surfing the internet with it just to try it out and it works ok. Good luck guys.