10.4.9-10.4.10

gmodfan

19 posts in this topic

Hi gmodofan:

For Apple's Updates, you need a REAL (made by Apple) to use these updates. They will destroy your OSx86 ("Hacked") installation if you try installing them.

You'll need to find a "hacked" Apple Update in order to update your OSx86 PC.

--danyel :D

Hi gmodofan:

For Apple's Updates, you need a REAL (made by Apple) to use these updates. They will destroy your OSx86 ("Hacked") installation if you try installing them.

You'll need to find a "hacked" Apple Update in order to update your OSx86 PC.

--danyel :D

If I remember correctly I used kexts from a wonderful zip package from the wellknown bay full with pirates but did not run the package that came with that but the offcial update. My system is still running and not dead. Of course I did not immediately reboot after the update and replaced the necessary files before restarting.

To be certain though one can just use the supplied version of the 10.4.10 that comes with the package.

Which installer did you use? I updated JaS with PascalW's updater. PascalW or Koolkal will easily upgrade Uphuck, Kalyway and XxX install dvds. PascalW and Koolkal are pkgs that do all the work except reboot your system for you. Hope this helps.

Yes, it IS possible to use the Apple 10.4.10 update. you have to do some changes after the installation though.

I have successfuly updated my 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 and then to 10.4.10

All i had to do is download the updaters from Apple's site, back up the Extensions folder and mach_kernel before each update and restore them after the installation was completed (before I hit the restart button).

Piece of cake.. I had to go through a lot of course before I learned how to do this.. If you're new to osx and have no idea of terminal commands, don't do this.. you'll end up reinstalling osx

Hi BJ, your sig says you got to .10 via Jas and PascalW. What were "Kalyway v1.1..." and "XxX_Osx86..." for? TIA

I've got several systems now and am thoroughly testing the different installers. All systems use the Bad Axe 2 motherboard which so far seems to swallow up any installer that's thrown at it.