Logic Pro 8 (Logic Studio) and Logic 8 Express is out!

SquidCombo

43 posts in this topic

Howdy everyone. First I just want to thank this community, everything I know I've learned from you guys here. I haven't posted in a while because my hackintosh has been working perfectly for months, even better than my real mac g4 digital audio dual processor.

I found a link here for academic versions of the new logic software (it's everything except you can't get an upgrade to 9 down the road) but at these prices who cares. I can't believe it. It is shipping and I only paid...drum roll please, 149.00 $. All you need is a student id. I have an old id from a community college I went to 5 years ago and that was good enough for them, they check.

Here is the link for any current or former students that want the whole package, not just a crak.

http://tinyurl.com/343cgo

The second item of interest is when I get this package will I be able to make copies to give to my friends? Has anyone made a copy of a valid logic 8 install disk?

PS I also ordered the presonus firebox after reading such great reviews on it, the m-box had so many problems it seemed to be very unstable. Can't wait to get my hands on my perfect hackintosh audio rig.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

waire if you are on demonoid there is a k'd dvd(with a bunch of the functional content included!) which bypasses those dumb-ass system checks and runs great. It's about 7GB. I'm running 10.4.10 though so im not positive if it'll work for you but it bypassed all of the quartz checking that was pissing me off on my last install. There is also a dvd on demonoid called Xxx_OSX_86 its about 1.2GB and installed on my toshiba laptop and a friends hp p4 desktop without any modding required on my part aside from putting a check in a few boxes on the installer(thanx 2 those responsible!) Theres a second dvd by the same creator with more of the sound content as well

Does anyone know if you can install Logic Studio on to 2 machines? i.e my imac and my macbook.

I believe the official line is that you're allowed 2 installations exactly for that: one for your home mac and another for your mobile mac. Very smart strategies! Apple is really making it attractive for us musico's to get a mac. It's now officially on my shopping list. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Please somebody help me! I know that full Logic Studio write on 12DVD! But I have slow connection and can not download 48 Gb! Please if somebody can exchange this with me then write to my email:igaroc@rambler.ru! I can send to you Spectrasonics Atmosphere for Mac on 6CD and Spectrasonics Stylus RMX on 2DVD for Mac and Spectrasonics Trilogy for PC on 5CD!! Please write me answer!! :wacko:

The actual Logic Studio is only 1 dvd wich is 7 something gigs( Includes Logic 8, Waveburner, Mainstage, Soundtrack Pro, and some other apps ), the other dvds that come with it is Apple content ( loops, software instruments, presets ), Jam Pack content ( more loops , software instruments , presets ) , and Demo and video tutorials.

So you only need the first dvd, then if needed you can download the extra content over time.

There's also a small 200 something mb file for just the standalone logic 8.mpkg

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys!

Sorry but i am new in this mac business, but could someone tell me if i can use cracked plugins in a authentic logic 8?Can you send me a link in case this question has already been answered in this foum...And if i decide to go for a cracked version of logic 8 where can i find it and the plugins craked how do i install it...again sorry for such basic questions...Great forum!

Thankx

• 5 months later...