[Development]-Broadcom 4311 Fix

Achilleus

348 posts in this topic

well, i just got this back from hp... cause thats what i tried last time! when i open up the bios file in pheonix bios editor i get some errors, so the repackaged version of the bios isnt good, so i dont wanna screw this up again.

Oh okay. I am not too sure about the SPROM hack thing then. Sorry. ;)

EDIT: Actually, are you sure that the SPROM is being written to the card? Did you check that or not? Not saying you would make that mistake but thats all I can think of that would be the problem.

im not totally sure of this but i think i might of found the solution to the stock bcm43xx card that comes with C500 laptops. After i dumped the sprom to a file and examined it i found that my new dell 1390 card would detect and everything just fine in windows/linux but it seemed like never would transmit. I noticed there were two boolean values for B/G PHY antenna 1 and another antenna 1 odly enough i think it was just soemthing wrong. anywho when flashing the sprom i had to

./ssb-sprom -i card_sprom --subv 0x103c --subp 0x1363 --antbg0 1 antbg1 1> new_sprom

im thinking this has something to do with it not functioning properly i kinda dumped linux in my excitement of getting my dell 1390 card working can anyone do a dump of their stock sprom and post the results? if not i guess i will install it later this weekend possibly

well looks like end of story the c500 most likely wont work....even with the dell 1390 card which works in ubuntu/vista/xp with no problems just wont power on in osx...i tried 4 different releases to ToH, kalyway, iATKOS v.2.0 and a 10.4.8jas disk........debating about sellin the dell 1390 card now with hacked sprom..hum

the iAtkos distro it was strange it showed up but you cant turn it on but im not totally sure it really saw it light never turned on or anything.

thought i would bring some more hard information to the table on my c555nr (c500) i got a dell 1390 card and redid the sprom like some tutorial i found. i found that i had to use that antbg0 1 to turn it on. it would pnp but wouldnt pick up any wireless networks i had to use " ./ssb-sprom -i card_sprom --subv 0x103c --subp 0x1363 --antbg0 1 antbg1 1> new_sprom " to properly get it functioning.

tonight i put my original wifi card back in and pulled the sprom from that and got

ubuntu@ubuntu:/media/CHENTZEN/bcm43xx-sprom$ ./ssb-sprom -i c500_sprom -P

SPROM(0x04, Subsytem product ID) = 0x1363

SPROM(0x06, Subsystem vendor ID) = 0x103C

SPROM(0x08, PCI Product ID) = 0x0008

SPROM(0x38, High 16 bits of Boardflags) = 0x0000

SPROM(0x72, Low 16 bits of Boardflags) = 0x4A49

SPROM(0x48, MAC address for 802.11b/g) = 00:1a:73:37:30:66

SPROM(0x4E, MAC address for ethernet) = ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

SPROM(0x54, MAC address for 802.11a) = ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

SPROM(0x5A, Ethernet phy settings (0)) = 0x1F

SPROM(0x5A, Ethernet phy settings (1)) = 0x1F

SPROM(0x5B, et0mdcport) = ON

SPROM(0x5B, et1mdcport) = ON

SPROM(0x5C, Board revision) = 0x42

SPROM(0x5D, Locale / Country Code) = 0x0

SPROM(0x5D, A PHY antenna 0 available) = ON

SPROM(0x5D, A PHY antenna 1 available) = ON

SPROM(0x5D, B/G PHY antenna 1 available) = OFF

SPROM(0x5D, B/G PHY antenna 1 available) = OFF

SPROM(0x74, A PHY antenna gain) = 0x02

SPROM(0x75, A PHY antenna gain) = 0xFF

SPROM(0x5E, pa0b0) = 0x153D

SPROM(0x60, pa0b1) = 0xFAA0

SPROM(0x62, pa0b2) = 0xFE79

SPROM(0x6A, pa1b0) = 0xFFFF

SPROM(0x6C, pa1b1) = 0xFFFF

SPROM(0x6E, pa1b2) = 0xFFFF

SPROM(0x64, LED 0 behaviour) = 0xFF

SPROM(0x65, LED 1 behaviour) = 0x83

SPROM(0x66, LED 2 behaviour) = 0xFF

SPROM(0x67, LED 3 behaviour) = 0xFF

SPROM(0x68, A PHY max powerout) = 0x4A

SPROM(0x69, B/G PHY max powerout) = 0xFF

SPROM(0x70, A PHY idle TSSI target) = 0x3E

SPROM(0x71, B/G PHY idle TSSI target) = 0xFF

SPROM(0x7E, SPROM version) = 0x02

ubuntu@ubuntu:/media/CHENTZEN/bcm43xx-sprom$

and here is my dell 1390 card

ubuntu@ubuntu:/media/CHENTZEN/bcm43xx-sprom$ ./ssb-sprom -i dell1390_sprom -P

SPROM(0x04, Subsytem product ID) = 0x1363

SPROM(0x06, Subsystem vendor ID) = 0x103C

SPROM(0x08, PCI Product ID) = 0x0008

SPROM(0x38, High 16 bits of Boardflags) = 0x0000

SPROM(0x72, Low 16 bits of Boardflags) = 0x4A49

SPROM(0x48, MAC address for 802.11b/g) = 00:1b:fc:25:26:45

SPROM(0x4E, MAC address for ethernet) = ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

SPROM(0x54, MAC address for 802.11a) = ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

SPROM(0x5A, Ethernet phy settings (0)) = 0x1F

SPROM(0x5A, Ethernet phy settings (1)) = 0x1F

SPROM(0x5B, et0mdcport) = ON

SPROM(0x5B, et1mdcport) = ON

SPROM(0x5C, Board revision) = 0x36

SPROM(0x5D, Locale / Country Code) = 0x0

SPROM(0x5D, A PHY antenna 0 available) = ON

SPROM(0x5D, A PHY antenna 1 available) = ON

SPROM(0x5D, B/G PHY antenna 1 available) = ON

SPROM(0x5D, B/G PHY antenna 1 available) = ON

SPROM(0x74, A PHY antenna gain) = 0x02

SPROM(0x75, A PHY antenna gain) = 0xFF

SPROM(0x5E, pa0b0) = 0x153D

SPROM(0x60, pa0b1) = 0xFAA0

SPROM(0x62, pa0b2) = 0xFE79

SPROM(0x6A, pa1b0) = 0xFFFF

SPROM(0x6C, pa1b1) = 0xFFFF

SPROM(0x6E, pa1b2) = 0xFFFF

SPROM(0x64, LED 0 behaviour) = 0xFF

SPROM(0x65, LED 1 behaviour) = 0x83

SPROM(0x66, LED 2 behaviour) = 0xFF

SPROM(0x67, LED 3 behaviour) = 0xFF

SPROM(0x68, A PHY max powerout) = 0x4A

SPROM(0x69, B/G PHY max powerout) = 0xFF

SPROM(0x70, A PHY idle TSSI target) = 0x3E

SPROM(0x71, B/G PHY idle TSSI target) = 0xFF

SPROM(0x7E, SPROM version) = 0x02

ubuntu@ubuntu:/media/CHENTZEN/bcm43xx-sprom$

so i am at a loss...to me definately pointing more and more to a bad pciexpress slot or malconfigured...ugh...

applehacker,

you dont need to hotplug the original card because the subsys versions are both on the bios whitelist...i guess if you would want to hack your original card could use these instructions http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...242&hl=1390 wouldnt see why not... but i had to add --antbg0 1 antbg1 1 (the 1's are because its a boolean on/off values) but i find it odd that the stock card has them off but still detect's networks, while if those werent turned on with the dell1390 then windows/ubuntu would detect the card but would never find any wireless networks.

i'm still thinking its not the card but something with the pci express port the root of the problem, i even tried the nanchun's kext, and all that ends up doing is causing kernel panic's

i do think that maybe a dell1390/1490 swap is a valid fix for other laptops, but the c500 series it doesnt seem like its the solution

on a sidenote applehacker, i dont think just turning the antenna's on would solve any problems its just flat out not being picked up in OSX...

.....when you mean the -f flag ...sorry im kinda new to osx still, but knowledgeable in other OS's...regardless when i tried to copy i just did a drag and drop to replace the kext......and repaired perms....should i of done it a different way? like doing a terminal cp -f IO802xxx.kext /xxkjfljalfs/

well, waiting for results.

But in my theory, it should only be the port. If the kext DOES reconfigure it right, and we DO get wifi, shouldn't this work with the original cart as well? and why not just load the 1390 firmware on the orig. card?

well im not exactly sure i installed OSX iaktos 2.0 10.5.2 and put in the chan-num kext...repaired perms from disk util...on reboot it crashed so i know the new kext was in, then tried to boot with the -f flag on the darwin bootloader and it did loadup into OSX..but fails to turn on the card still.....blaaaaah!!!! need help!

i still find it funny ToH/kalyway appear to crash i cant even get to the install screen just causes a kernel panic from the bcm43xx com.apple.driver.airportbrcm43xx

dependency com.apple.iokit.IO80211family

IOPCIFamily

IONetworkingFamily

but the iaktos 2.0installs and says there is a airport card but never lights up and showing it active even in system profiler it says no airport cards installed...........

i tried the IOACPIFamily.kext from chun-nam, and bhe bcm43xx.enabler.sh still nothing....

even more frustrating DPCIManager shows 14e4:4311 Broadcom Corporation BCM94311MCG wlan mini-PCI UGH!!!!

booger what model lappy are you using? well the dell 1390 works natively in vista no drivers required...should of known something is up when most of the 10.5.2's wouldnt load only the iaktos one would...all causing kernel panics from the broadcom, atleast with the c500 maybe c300's its a pci express issue not a card issue

apple hacker....to be honest reason i have tried so hard is i cant justify spending 2k on a lappy with not much better spec's then our 400$ i mean thats just outrageous they can price gouge that much.......there is a thread on here most compat laptops i thought i read the dell vostro's 1400's are very compat

totally offtopic just seems lately hard to believe proprietary software is making a huge come back...apple's and blue rays.....who would of thought, didnt we learn with betamax lol

I am using a Compaq C502US (C500). Actually I can justify buying a $2000 laptop, I am actually thinking about buying one. Although the monitor cable connecting my computer to the internal monitor is going bad and my screen is messed up, not to mention this one is a piece of junk. :P

hum the C502 does have a mini pci-e card im assuming but you got the 1490 card right?.......what did you do so differently then i did booger? baffles the stink out of me, can you post a readout of your sprom?

also booger did you tape any pins or anything of that nature down on your pci card