Internet Connect missing in 9A527?

VanillaIcee

10 posts in this topic

It seems as if Internet Connect is missing in 9A527. However it seems most of it has been moved to the Network System Preferences panel, but I have had a hell of a time configuring an 802.1x connection.

Likely that this is a known issue Apple is working on as they switch away from Internet Connect. I was just wondering if anyone has been successful with an 802.1x connection in 9A527? I'll try using the Internet Connect from 9A466 to see if that works when I visit the network again.

The implication on ThinkSecret was that it has been superceded by the updated networks prefpane. The only thing it dealt with that couldn't be dealth with in System Preferences, 802.1x validation, is now in the networks prefpane too now. They say though that the prefpane's 802.1x implementation is still quite buggy.

Ok, good news is that I took the Internet Connect.app from 9A466 and it worked for connecting to my 802.1x. Apparently the framework still exists, just the interface move to Network panel is incomplete/buggy.

If anyone wants, I could zip up internet connect and send it over, in case you can't easily get a 9A466 or later copy.

Ok, good news is that I took the Internet Connect.app from 9A466 and it worked for connecting to my 802.1x. Apparently the framework still exists, just the interface move to Network panel is incomplete/buggy.

If anyone wants, I could zip up internet connect and send it over, in case you can't easily get a 9A466 or later copy.

Could ya please zip it and give me the file or link to it! Thanks VanillaIcee!!

• 1 month later...