New Mac OS X Leopard 9A527 Gallery

EFI

37 posts in this topic

i'm a bit disapointed: i thought they might come up with a whole new interface (the illuminous interface) and not just a pimped version of tiger. It looks nice, but it could be way better.

Everything looks less simple than previous versions (which is not bad, because sometimes i think i'm using a baby pc with the ultra simple gui of tiger and panther (most functions are hidden))

http://www.thinksecret.com/archives/leopar...utility002.html

"Disk Utility can resize partitions without reformatting, but you can't use the reclaimed space from a partition to add or expand other partitions."

What does this mean? You can free up space by making a partition smaller but you can then use the freed up space for anything???

http://www.thinksecret.com/archives/leopar...utility002.html

"Disk Utility can resize partitions without reformatting, but you can't use the reclaimed space from a partition to add or expand other partitions."

What does this mean? You can free up space by making a partition smaller but you can then use the freed up space for anything???

Seems odd, maybe they mean you can make one partition bigger without having to format it, but if you make it smaller, you can't use the freed up space to expand a separate partition on the disk without formatting.

Seems odd, maybe they mean you can make one partition bigger without having to format it, but if you make it smaller, you can't use the freed up space to expand a separate partition on the disk without formatting.

no, it means you can expand and contract partitions as needed, but as of now, it is not possible to contract a partition, then with the free space, make a new partition.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, here's a question that hasn't been asked before (that I know of.) The new dock, it looks like a shelf; I prefer to keep my dock on the side of the screen (like NeXT) ... is this possible in Leopard, or will the laws of gravity cause my icons to fall of the screen when the "shelf" is mounted sideways? :D