147 posts in this topic

Which "turn off hard drives" in System Preference are you referring to specifically? [reply with something like this: System Preferences > Energy Saver....or whatever you chose)

Which Kalyway 10.5.2 Instructions? (Link if necessary)

AHCI is basically:

"AHCI is just an option for how sata drives are communicated. Reason for changing it is that OSX has more support for AHCI then it does for Enhanced IDE and will reduce the amount of disk write errors you have. Plus this will also enable your HD sleep." - L EphIno

HARD DRIVE FIX:

To fix your hard drive appearance back to default (silver, w/ AHCI on): HARD DRIVE FIX KEXT

GEEKBENCH SCORE:

You have some great, comparable system specs, What is your geekbench score?

Heya Gramayre,

I am excited to see you embraced X38.

I have just placed my order for the newest Intel X38 offerings like this board:

dx38bt_lg.jpg

And this Processor The Intel® Core™2 Extreme processor QX9650 running at 3.0 GHz: core2xe_quad.jpg

Hopefully they will yield a working Hackintosh full of new speed and flavor.

Please let us know how your X38 build is going?

Which "turn off hard drives" in System Preference are you referring to specifically? [reply with something like this: System Preferences > Energy Saver....or whatever you chose)

Which Kalyway 10.5.2 Instructions? (Link if necessary)

AHCI is basically:

"AHCI is just an option for how sata drives are communicated. Reason for changing it is that OSX has more support for AHCI then it does for Enhanced IDE and will reduce the amount of disk write errors you have. Plus this will also enable your HD sleep." - L EphIno

HARD DRIVE FIX:

To fix your hard drive appearance back to default (silver, w/ AHCI on): HARD DRIVE FIX KEXT

GEEKBENCH SCORE:

You have some great, comparable system specs, What is your geekbench score?

My geekbench was 4696 I think, I'll have to run it again tomorrow. Unfortunately, upon my last attempt at using AHCI it simply didn't boot, it stuck at the white screen with grey apple. I have tried a hack I saw somewhere else on the forum where you limit memory to 2GB in the boot settings. It has worked so far but I will not know until tomorrow after I have pushed it some...

Heya Gramayre,

I am excited to see you embraced X38.

I have just placed my order for the newest Intel X38 offerings like this board:

And this Processor The Intel® Core™2 Extreme processor QX9650 running at 3.0 GHz:

Hopefully they will yield a working Hackintosh full of new speed and flavor.

Please let us know how your X38 build is going?

Hello there Team Scream, we've met before, I can recall from the Bad axe dedication thread. Anyway, that is a fine board you got there. I've encouraged this particular board in the thread previously. based on some great reviews, it's not only very nice, it's a beast! :P it can certainly overclock really well, and has some features in the mac that, in my opinion, could surpass the BX2 with its plentiful feature and performance capabilities. The only caveat is its DDR3 requirement (which is not a big deal for some). Back to the BX2, I've read there may be some issues with the recent 10.5.2 update. I'm glad you made this choice for the X38BT. You should be fine, since most of its hardware is already available and fully functioning, and I believe you'd be the first in this OSx86 community with this board, so congratulations.

As for my x38 board (p5e ws pro), It's quite flawless right now. It practically worked out of the box with Kalyway, I've had 0 problems at all (it's been about two weeks), as far as getting it to work. I only had to patch audio and video (which is standard), and it only took a minute for both. I recommend this board, but it is a bit pricey. It's quite nice since it's an x38 that allows DDR2 (I heard DDR3 as well, but that's unconfirmed, and may be false information, I don't even think that's possible, but I'd like to be proven well). I also added the 10.5.2 update along with EFI v8. I've worked with macs for quite some years and it's raelly close to a native mac, and this project was sort of an experiment. I had nothing to lose, if things didn't go well, I can always go PC...But I'd have to say the early 2008 Mac Pros are hard to beat with the latest specifciations, very great value in my opinion.

Great choice, and again, nice hearing from you, I hope you can add your contributions to this thread, and I'm anxious to know.

(Try not to hotlink directly from Intel site in the future, try imageshack)

x48 anyone?

My geekbench was 4696 I think, I'll have to run it again tomorrow. Unfortunately, upon my last attempt at using AHCI it simply didn't boot, it stuck at the white screen with grey apple. I have tried a hack I saw somewhere else on the forum where you limit memory to 2GB in the boot settings. It has worked so far but I will not know until tomorrow after I have pushed it some...

Thanks for sharing your geek score by the way, I expected a bit more with the 8gb, but like ram is in any OS, the more there is of it, it can make less of the difference as compared to from 512mb to2gb vs. 2gb to 4gb. Anyway, I'm not quite sure if AHCI, makes such a significant difference, I may be contradicting myself in my previous post, but I've test bench scores with and without, there was no difference. However, knowing that information that its more native with OS X, it gave me more of a piece of mind. What's nice about AHCI, the setting can be turned on or off anytime, it's not required to run your system, nor is it required for you to install your system with. With my honest opinion, I would recommend you having a working/functional system without AHCI enabled, just because that is what is priority and the differences or minimal. However, if there's someone with significant differences from their experience, this fact would be good to know. This is all my opinion. the grey apple error could be coming from other reasons, but maybe AHCI

doesn't do well with whatever configuration you have. Are you dual-booting? I heard AHCI could cause some booting problems.

Let's hope we can find a fix, I'll look and search around for possible solutions. Then, remember to post back so others with the similar errors can find a fix their problems as well.

I'm interested in yournew bench score, regardless if it's less or more, again, thanks for sharing :)

GOOD LUCK TO ALL :)

I just ran geekbench again this morning and got 4716. This is with the 2GB memory limit hack. So there's your answer to the memory question! Weird. I read somewhere else on the forum that if you have 4GB or more with a jmicron controller, you get the kernel panics and so forth. So maybe that's why the score was 4696 yesterday and higher today after limiting the memory. Oh by the way, this is with the 32-bit. It wouldn't let me do the 64bit without buying the full version.

Here is the memory thing I was talking about. Put this in com.apple.Boot.plist:

<string>debug=0x100 maxmem=2048</string>

The debug command makes it do a screen dump when you get a kernel panic so you can see what the heck happened. And of course, the maxmem makes it so OSX can only see that amount of memory.

Here's the thread where I got that: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=79019

(see SocialSwimmer about 3/4 down tha page)

I'll let you know my results later after I run Logic and hopefully don't get a kernel panic!

Hello there Team Scream, we've met before, I can recall from the Bad axe dedication thread.

Great choice, and again, nice hearing from you, I hope you can add your contributions to this thread, and I'm anxious to know.

(Try not to hotlink directly from Intel site in the future, try imageshack)

Hi Gramayre,

Yes we actually had more conversation in the 8 core workstation (MacPro) thread than the BadAxe2 thread, but yes that is me.

I will let you know when I get all the parts together, my hope is that it will prove to be a worthy hackintosh and I can take the BadAxe2 system to work so I have a Mac to play with on my down time.

Sorry for hotlinking those images, is that a no-no ?

Also, my Geekbench scores on my slightly overclocked BadAxe2 are 6725, I hope there are some issues with those scores you guys are reporting with the newer X38 chipset and 45nm processors, 4500 Geekbench seems extremely low for newer technology. :D

Also, my Geekbench scores on my slightly overclocked BadAxe2 are 6725, I hope there are some issues with those scores you guys are reporting with the newer X38 chipset and 45nm processors, 4500 Geekbench seems extremely low for newer technology. :(

Keep in mind, my 4700 geekbench is with q6600 2.4ghz -not- overclocked. I hope this is standard score for this setup.

So far, the 2gb limit has worked without crashes. Let's see if it stays that way...if it does remain stable, then the issue is the jmicron with 4gb+ memory. It would be nice to run at full capacity!

Keep in mind, my 4700 geekbench is with q6600 2.4ghz -not- overclocked. I hope this is standard score for this setup.

So far, the 2gb limit has worked without crashes. Let's see if it stays that way...if it does remain stable, then the issue is the jmicron with 4gb+ memory. It would be nice to run at full capacity!

Thanks for the confirmation. It would be nice and can't wait to see the results with its full capacity. Hope you get that straightened out, it seems like a unique issue since others with that board has not reported any problems with using 4gb.

Hi Gramayre,

Yes we actually had more conversation in the 8 core workstation (MacPro) thread than the BadAxe2 thread, but yes that is me.

I will let you know when I get all the parts together, my hope is that it will prove to be a worthy hackintosh and I can take the BadAxe2 system to work so I have a Mac to play with on my down time.

Sorry for hotlinking those images, is that a no-no ?

Also, my Geekbench scores on my slightly overclocked BadAxe2 are 6725, I hope there are some issues with those scores you guys are reporting with the newer X38 chipset and 45nm processors, 4500 Geekbench seems extremely low for newer technology. :unsure:

That's right! the 8-Core workstation thread...I didn't really particiapate much in the Bad Axe 2 thread, I just happen to see you actively posting there recently.

The thing about the Bad Axe 2, it seems like it's not doing well with issues reported lately. For example,some have noticed changes with the 10.5.2 update and PC_EFI v8 is not yet recommended, which is the lastest native EFI around. So maybe your predecessor board could be the new sucessor. I, personally, aprpeciate the stability in my asus p5

workstation professional, but I'll add, if it weren't for the DDR3 required in the X38BT, I would have probably chosen that boar

instead.

These processors you'e been seeing geekbenches of are not 45nm processors (they just released, if not soon?). But having an x38 motherboard does enable you to be futureproof with these next-generation processors, something the P35 can't support. Do keep in my x38 should not make the signifcant difference, but it certainly supports a lot more, and like mentioned just now, they're futureproof for the 45nm processors, which should play an important role in geekbench cpu results.

Don't worry about the geekbench scores, I believe 6,000 - 7,000 have been the average with 4gb memory in x38 (not sure if its overclocked cpu or not). But don't forget theres other hardware in everyones system that is the difference in the factor and can effect the final outcome of the score.

Sorry if I asked before in the Octo thread, what was your geekbench results for your octo-workstation? Also, what is considered a high geekbench, let's say compared to the early 2008 Mac Pro released in the lowest configuration?

As for hot-linking, it's a general rule in online communities, and it is indeed considered a no-no, especially in a hacking community. By hot-linking, you're basically hosting that image off of Intels servers (which they pay for), and also, by doing so allows/entitles them to track where that picture is being used, as well as will add to their servers system statitics and analytics. It's a very common rule members tend to forget, some say its not significant, it certainly is discouragred, and I belive its in the rules of insanely as well. Hopefully that was understandable, if not, my apologies. But don't sweat it :wacko:

Well this is my first post here...and I don't have a question just a true success story.

I installed Kalyway 10.5.1 on my main water-cooled overclocked PC today. First installed failed, however I believe it was my fault because I did not select the correct options. The second installed worked great and the machine booted on the first try.

I am now running Firefox on OS X to post this message.

My Hardware specs(just from memory so kinda vague) are as follows:

Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6

2 Gigs of Corsair Dominator RAM

Q6600 overclocked to 3.2 Ghz

MSI 8800GT OC

I ran geekbench and got 6230...don't really know waht that number means since there are no comparison options but I have attached the file if anyone has any questions. Acqua2_24.rtf

After booting video was only displaying 1024x768, no audio, no network. I installed NVinstallerV.33.pkg(video) & RTGMac_v1.1.6(network) & alc889a kexts(audio) and now everything is FULLY functional.

I have also modified the Vista Boot loader so I can dual-boot into OS X and Vista Works great except I have to use a PS/2 keyboard to select option...USB will not work...is this normal??

Being that my machine is OC'ed I was wondering if anyone knew of a temperature monitor that will work with the Q6600? I have the water and fan going at full speed just in case, but not sure about the 8800 GT fan since I have no way of controlling it without software and I have had problems with it overheating in Windows.

I have only had one problem so far...admittedly I have only been running OS X for about an hour...but iTunes does not seem to be displaying shared libraries, or sharing its library. Anyone got an answer for this? It might be on the boards, have not looked yet, just noticed while I was posting this.

I installed OS X on a 20 gig ATA hard drive I popped in just for this test. Now that i know it works I will pick up a 500 gig SATA drive. Hope the SATA isn't a problem but it sees the LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1L so I don't think it will be.

I have a 1 Terabyte RAID in this machine that does not mount but I did not expect it to. It does come up with errors on every boot that 2 disks are not mountable but I just click ignore and they go away...going to have to figure out a way to always ignore them somehow...but I can live with clicking.

Well I guess that is all...hope this information is helpful.

I just tried AHCI again and it was a mess. It got stuck at the white screen with the apple and spinny thing. So I rebooted into Vista to make sure nothing died and it would not boot into Vista without giving me guff. Had to use "last known good" to boot it.

I also unchecked "turn off hard drives" in the osx prefs, but I still got the kernel panic. It seems to do it when I'm accessing a drive. Not every time, but about 15-30 minutes in. I'll run some more tests to rule out my audio interface.

Has anyone else here really *pushed* their Maximus or p5e? Like with final cut or Logic with a couple browser windows open?

In order to enable AHCI in Vista, if you've already installed it in IDE mode, you must follow the following KB article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976/en-us

That's right! the 8-Core workstation thread...I didn't really particiapate much in the Bad Axe 2 thread, I just happen to see you actively posting there recently.

The thing about the Bad Axe 2, it seems like it's not doing well with issues reported lately. For example,some have noticed changes with the 10.5.2 update and PC_EFI v8 is not yet recommended, which is the lastest native EFI around. So maybe your predecessor board could be the new sucessor. I, personally, aprpeciate the stability in my asus p5

workstation professional, but I'll add, if it weren't for the DDR3 required in the X38BT, I would have probably chosen that boar

instead.

Well I can tell you from personal experience that I just recently got my BadAxe2 up and running with GUID and pc-efi_v8 and everything is rock solid.

It was a lot of trial and error getting it set up that way but now that I understand the process it really is a walk in the park.

I still think this BadAxe2 system is a good one and if not for my desire to push the cutting edge, I would probably stay with it for a while, but ever the tweaker I need to go to the next level and see what can be done, this is far too much fun and challenging to stay put.

Sorry if I asked before in the Octo thread, what was your geekbench results for your octo-workstation? Also, what is considered a high geekbench, let's say compared to the early 2008 Mac Pro released in the lowest configuration?

My Octa-Pro geekbench scores are in the mid 7300 range, I think my best score was 7349.

I am not sure how that compares with the 2008 release Mac Pro but thats the score.

As for hot-linking, it's a general rule in online communities, and it is indeed considered a no-no, especially in a hacking community. By hot-linking, you're basically hosting that image off of Intels servers (which they pay for), and also, by doing so allows/entitles them to track where that picture is being used, as well as will add to their servers system statitics and analytics. It's a very common rule members tend to forget, some say its not significant, it certainly is discouragred, and I belive its in the rules of insanely as well. Hopefully that was understandable, if not, my apologies. But don't sweat it ;)

Got it, that makes perfect sense to me and sorry for not being aware, I will certainly abide by that rule of thumb from here on out.

Thanks for clearing that up for me (and others I am sure).

Well I can tell you from personal experience that I just recently got my BadAxe2 up and running with GUID and pc-efi_v8 and everything is rock solid.

It was a lot of trial and error getting it set up that way but now that I understand the process it really is a walk in the park.

I still think this BadAxe2 system is a good one and if not for my desire to push the cutting edge, I would probably stay with it for a while, but ever the tweaker I need to go to the next level and see what can be done, this is far too much fun and challenging to stay put.

My Octa-Pro geekbench scores are in the mid 7300 range, I think my best score was 7349.

I am not sure how that compares with the 2008 release Mac Pro but thats the score.

Got it, that makes perfect sense to me and sorry for not being aware, I will certainly abide by that rule of thumb from here on out.

Thanks for clearing that up for me (and others I am sure).

How far would you push your QX6800?!? or maybe you Xeons' even!

or...how about your thoughts on x48? cutting edge enough? Again, I would've saved up for an x48, but the DDR3 seemed too much, well at least for now.

:P  someone mentioned it to me today and blatantly said, "it's pretty much stealing the bandwidth from the companies you're hacking"

I ran geekbench and got 6230...don't really know waht that number means since there are no comparison options but I have attached the file if anyone has any questions. Acqua2_24.rtf

Based on Primate Labs Blogs' findings:

If the scores you guys are reporting are the Overall Performance, 7600-7700 would be the general target, or minimum target for some. (or however you'd like to base it off of, don't forget to factor in 4 cores vs. 8 cores, i wonder whats the furthest a Q6600 has been pushed to...)

primatewv4.png

via: http://www.primatelabs.ca/blog/2008/01/mac...e-january-2008/

Cool, I think I have it all set now. I used the ioata patch from here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry642979

and removed appleViaAta.kext. No more 4gb+ woes!!!

Let's hope it lasts!

Well, it didn't last! It turned out to be the jmicron controller that was causing the kernel panics. So, I tried unplugging the jmicron drives and disabling it in the bios. It ran fine on 8gb for a few minutes, and then TRAGEDY!!! Kernel panic and then, to my horror, I discover that one of my memory sticks bit the dust. At least I hope it was the memory stick and not something in the motherboard. But after testing it, it appears to be the stick. It was A-data memory, which is listed as safe in the Maximus manual. So now I'm worried about continuing my OSX journey. Anyone have a clue about this? Coincidence? Could OSx or one of the drivers really wreck the memory? Or maybe it was just a DOA stick that hadn't been pushed yet? I could really use some advice on this one!

Well, it didn't last! It turned out to be the jmicron controller that was causing the kernel panics. So, I tried unplugging the jmicron drives and disabling it in the bios. It ran fine on 8gb for a few minutes, and then TRAGEDY!!! Kernel panic and then, to my horror, I discover that one of my memory sticks bit the dust. At least I hope it was the memory stick and not something in the motherboard. But after testing it, it appears to be the stick. It was A-data memory, which is listed as safe in the Maximus manual. So now I'm worried about continuing my OSX journey. Anyone have a clue about this? Coincidence? Could OSx or one of the drivers really wreck the memory? Or maybe it was just a DOA stick that hadn't been pushed yet? I could really use some advice on this one!

The memory stick was probably the issue all along to be honest.

You could do a couple of things.

(1) replace the memory stick with the same exact one, then run memtest on the pair/quartet to burn them in and test them.

(2) replace them with something else, and again run memtest to burn them in and test them prior to comitting them to the system.

While it is rare, bad memory does get passed the QC department.

Why are you running 800Mhz memory in this system when it supports up to 1600mhz?

I would at least be running 1300Mhz memory modules and make sure that the bios settings are all properly configured for fast memory.

You could have also over volted that memory you have which would cause it's demise.

The memory stick was probably the issue all along to be honest.

You could do a couple of things.

(1) replace the memory stick with the same exact one, then run memtest on the pair/quartet to burn them in and test them.

(2) replace them with something else, and again run memtest to burn them in and test them prior to comitting them to the system.

While it is rare, bad memory does get passed the QC department.

Why are you running 800Mhz memory in this system when it supports up to 1600mhz?

I would at least be running 1300Mhz memory modules and make sure that the bios settings are all properly configured for fast memory.

You could have also over volted that memory you have which would cause it's demise.

Hey, thanks for the help. I went with 800 because of price...leaving the door open to get ddr3 when the prices drop. So far, this has been fine because I'm not gaming. I do audio/sampling which definitely requires power, but 800 has been plenty. Also, I chose the Maximus because I want to leave the door open for overclocking when I reach the end of the product cycle and may need to squeeze more juice. I'm not overclocking yet and all voltages/timings are set to auto.

Back on subject, I think the jmicron was the problem previously because the kernel panics were all pointing to either the jmicron kext or one of the other kexts related to disk management. I suppose it could still be the memory but I doubt it only because other people with the same or similar setup had the jmicron or ICH9R panics.

But one thing I really would like to know before I go forward is if running osx with this setup can possibly damage the RAM or anything else. I know of at least a few other people running the Maximus mobo but they are all <4gb ram. I wouldn't think the OS could damage it, as long as I haven't messed with the voltages/timings, but I'd love to get a confirmation on that.

• 1 month later...

OK well since i did not want to pay the insane DDR3 prices, my Bonetrail motherboard is sitting in its box waiting for the day when DDR3 is affordable, so I decided that since i had this really nice QX9650 processor sitting here I might as well build something with it and since the cost of an Asus Maximus Formula AND 4 gigs of GSkill memory was about the same as 2 gigs of DDR3 I pulled the trigger.

Well after a coulple of days ironing out the kinks and getting everything stable....here are the benchmarks..... I would say that 7861 Geekbench is pretty darn good wouldnt you? ;) ..... P.S. I am water cooled and overclocked to 4.05 GHz

maximus.jpg

Hi, first I can need scuse my english because Im from Spain and I post this topic here because in the Spanish forums anybody have more ideas to resolve this issue... I install Kalyway completely normal and I can run perfectly Leopard, after patch the audio, video and lan the performance its really interesting becaus I have plus than 200 points of Xbench test, but the problem is I need boot Leopard whit DVD installation in the drive, I dont startup the OSX whit any way that is not with the disc inside... I try a lot of supposition solutions but anything its good to fix my problem.

My Hardware ...

Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz

Gigabyte X38-DQ6

2GB DDR2 800 G.Skill 4.4.4.12

XFX 8600GT

HDD SATA WD 320GB (for Windows XP)

HDD SATA WD 160GB (for OS X Leopard)

DVD Pioneer 215BK SATA

I am DESPERATELY, I have tried all the methods that I know to solve it and not to obtain it

I have tried already ...

Activate the partition with LiveCD linux

Activate the partition with Script on Terminal

All of BIOS possible combinations parameters

Install whit any complement (ACHI, SATA native, CS1, etc...)

Install only whit EFI

Install only whit vanilla

What I would like is to know if someone with the same motherboard "X38-DQ6" can run Leopard without the disc inside de DVD drive???

THANKS

Sorry I'm a little late to the party, but recently I've thought about installing OSx86 and I happen to have an Asus Maximus Formula.

As far as I understand, I need a few things:

An SATA DVD drive

A dedicated SATA hard drive for OSx86

*Need to enable AHCI in BIOS

*Disable JMicron Controller (for whenever i want to boot into OSx86)

*Are these absolutely necessary? I have two IDE DVD burners. I would just need to turn off the controller whenever I wanted to boot into OSx86, right?

And as for the install, I've gathered Vanilla kernel works, I need to check the A1988 (I think?) sound option, and possibly NVinject. I have an 8800 GTX. Will that cause any major issues?

I've read about the 4GB of RAM issue and how it was fixed by removing a certain kext, AppleVIAATA, then removing the extensions.kext file.

Is there anything else I'm missing? I would like to be able to write up a small installation guide for this motherboard for future reference.

Also, to update to 10.5.2, I'd need the kalyway combo update, yes?

Thank you for your time!

Sorry I'm a little late to the party, but recently I've thought about installing OSx86 and I happen to have an Asus Maximus Formula.

As far as I understand, I need a few things:

An SATA DVD drive

A dedicated SATA hard drive for OSx86

*Need to enable AHCI in BIOS

*Disable JMicron Controller (for whenever i want to boot into OSx86)

*Are these absolutely necessary? I have two IDE DVD burners. I would just need to turn off the controller whenever I wanted to boot into OSx86, right?

And as for the install, I've gathered Vanilla kernel works, I need to check the A1988 (I think?) sound option, and possibly NVinject. I have an 8800 GTX. Will that cause any major issues?

I've read about the 4GB of RAM issue and how it was fixed by removing a certain kext, AppleVIAATA, then removing the extensions.kext file.

Is there anything else I'm missing? I would like to be able to write up a small installation guide for this motherboard for future reference.

Also, to update to 10.5.2, I'd need the kalyway combo update, yes?

Thank you for your time!

- Update to 10.5.2 via Devin's Guide, but if you have 10.5.2 Kalyway, make sure you have to new kernels to install as well.

- Ask user's that have this board since it's pretty popular, and widely-used in this community. Common steps: Install OSx86, partition drives, after installation, install kexts for your motherboard, update to 10.5.2, update kernels, etc...post-installation checks like sleep, restart...)

- You shouldn't worry about too much until you actually start, trust me, once you start, you'll learn quite a bit of new things. So try it first :blink: Most of us had to go to several installs to get things perfect (maybe only the perfectionists)

- If your IDE issue still persists, get one of these IDE to SATA converters, they're really inexpensive these days. And performance-wise should not be much of a worry I can recall.

- Which 4GB of ram issue are you referring to? Reply with the specifics.

• 2 weeks later...
Enable ACPI 2.0 in the BIOS

Turn off Speedstep in the BIOS

You will not be able to install from an IDE drive, I treid many dozen times and failed, a SATA DVD is required for this board.

goodness gracious awesome systems lol :(