What Windows OS is best for Macbook Core2Duo?

Eskun

7 posts in this topic

Hello, I have been running my shiny new Macbook for almost a week now, been using OSX as well as WindowsXP(x32), now I was wondering since my GameDesign classes require me to use Windows, what Windows would be best?

I mean I read somewhere that WindowsXP(x32) does not make use of the 2nd core, so I waste about 50% of the Macbook's performance power.

Which platform would be best for me as Windows?

1.) Keep using the windows you have now.

2.) Go and install WindowsXP x64.

3.) Go and install any Windows Vista, they all make full use.

4.) Do nr#3, but don't forget that Windows Vista has 32bit and 64bit versions, get the 64 bit version.(?)

5.) [insert your text here.]

Even though I don't like Windows anymore I am still stuck with it for now, and since I am I'd like to get the best performance out of it. :(

I am sure everyone can understand that after experiencing OSX's performatce, right? ;)

Thanks in advance everyone!

I don't know what's best for you, but I personally use Windows Vista Ultimate. I think it picked by itself the 32Bit version on my iMac Core2Duo, so I guess you don't need to install the x64 version. And the drivers from BootCamp are 32Bit. But if you are seeking performance maybe XP is better. It depends on the apps you are going to use

WindowsXP(x32) does make use of the second core. Id say don't change windows versions unless you like Vista. Also the change to x64 wont be that noticeable especially since not many programs don't support 64 bit yet. If you do get vista, get the 64 bit one.

windows xp 32bit is the best windows right now.

it use both cores in some applications,in some it doesn`t.that depends of application,not windows.

cheers

~R