Finder version still 10.4.6 after 10.4.10 update

Laik

9 posts in this topic

I installed a fresh copy of Jas 10.4.8 + PPF1 and PPF2 on my hackintosh based on Gigabyte DS3 mobo. Right after the installation I did automatic software update ao everything except system. Then I upgraded the system using the 10.4.10 update for hackintoshes. The system works fine, but the finder version is still 10.4.6 instead of 10.4.7 it was on my previous install.

What did I do wrong? Maybe I should have upgraded to 10.4.9 first? Any ideas what I should do now?

BTW, I have a strange bug with this finder version. When I click any icon with a right click and miss it a few pixels, the finder restarts. So I have to be precise in my moves when rightclicking, and this is not really how it should work, I guess ^_^ Any ideas why this can be happening?

Thanx for your time reading this.

Exactly what I needed!!!! It worked!

Thanx! Didn`t even imagine I`d get a solution so fast here.

Thank you again, its running smooth now. ^_^

BTW, you also have 10.4.10 as I see, can you please check your finder version?

Hey,

I am running 10.4.10 and my finder version is also 10.4.6

I used JaS 10.4.8 install DVD updated to 10.4.10 via PascalW. Before when I was running 10.4.9 (Jas Update pkg) I also noticed that the finder version was 10.4.7

Does it matter what version of Finder is running? (is 10.4.7 better?)

Seems like you have to update to 10.4.9 first, to have finder version 10.4.7. That's only a guess though.

I haven't noticed any differences between two versions of finder.

I had a bunch of problems with finder today, the expose performance was choppy and the system was overally not very responsive.

I figured out, that this behaviour appears after you resize the dock. If you create new account everything works fine, but as soon as you resize the dock, performance drops. I reinstalled the Jas 10.4.8, an patched with 10.4.9 first, then with 10.4.10. Now finder version is 10.4.7 and everything works fine.

I guess these were the problems with old version of finder.