Darwine - wine 0.9.42

11 posts in this topic

Thank you for posting this! Darwine is often out of date, though it doesn't need to be.

Also posted on your site is an Intel-Optimized version of Camino. Your site is going into my RSS :)

Which optimization switches did you use? Just curious. All I compile optimized now is Simpletext.

Thank you for posting this! Darwine is often out of date, though it doesn't need to be.

Also posted on your site is an Intel-Optimized version of Camino. Your site is going into my RSS :censored2:

Which optimization switches did you use? Just curious. All I compile optimized now is Simpletext.

On Camino for core2duo's:

ac_add_options --enable-optimize="-O3 -ftree-vectorize -fast -march=i686 -mfpmath=sse,387 -fforce-addr -mieee-fp -msse3 -msse2 -msse -mmmx -fsched-spec-load-dangerous -ftree-loop-linear -fivopts"

I'll post the mozconfig I used on my blog soon.

Thanks for posting this updated version!

The only thing that doesn't recognize me here is the sound card... other than this is superb!

EDIT: Now I have the sound working! I've also changed the colors the same way as crossover (better with the aqua look). Here is the modified user.reg.

You can overwrite it in $HOME/.wine/user.reg

user.reg.zip

• 3 weeks later...

The only thing that doesn't recognize me here is the sound card... other than this is superb!

EDIT: Now I have the sound working! I've also changed the colors the same way as crossover (better with the aqua look). Here is the modified user.reg.

Hi neotux, could you describe specifically what you changed to get the Sound working, and change the colors? I think some of the additional changes that are in the User.reg file breaks some applications in Darwine. (In my case whenever I try to run a certain app, I get an error loading rsaenh.dll, this doesn't occur when I use the orginal User.reg)

Yep no problem.

To solve the audio problem, add this to user.reg:

[Software\\Wine\\Drivers] 1184448304
 "Audio"="coreaudio"

To change the colors to be more lighter (not too much grey) you should add this:

[Control Panel\\Colors] 1184448304
 "ActiveBorder"="228 228 228"
 "ButtonFace"="228 228 228"
 "ButtonLight"="228 228 228"
 "InactiveBorder"="228 228 228"
 "Menu"="228 228 228"

I added other lines because I thought them to be useful, but I believe with these modifications you will improve your version of darwine :)

Thanks a lot! I have it working now. On another note, does anyone know how to enable recognition of japanese character. Right now darwine shows garbled text for names that are in japanese. (these names are within the program) when the program is run in windows the japanese text shows up fine.

• 1 year later...

THX!!!

Now I can enjoy jeskola buzz on my macbook very great work!