Webcam Acer Orbicam driver

winxp

35 posts in this topic

anybody here can help me.. plizzz....thanks Danyel.. i'm alredy try using macam but still said "no camera" according to macam official site, said that builtin ACER webcam stil cant working Acer built-in notebook camera not working (no documentation) 0x0402 0x5602 M5602 Acer Webcam not working (no documentation) http://webcam-osx.sourceforge.net/cameras/index.php

Hi WinXP:I've had good success using Macam Drivers for my Logitech QuickCam Chat Camera on my OSx86 PC at home.http://webcam-osx.sourceforge.net/They have some drivers for Acer Laptop Cams.--danyel :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the same laptop an acer with the orbicamwith maccam 9.1, the led at the left of the camera is blinking for 2 seconds and ...nothing more than a message (I don't remember exactly) but It's something like "there is an usb problem"if you find something, contact me

bye

this is the french message : problème de communication sur USB

my poor translation : communication problem on USB

Yes I now my english is very rich :D

Hi everybody

macam driver did not work with my acer aspire 5583

How about your other materials

marvell yukon ethernet?

Wifi?

Modem?

pcmcia?

thanks for telling me why if it di work with yours.

I'm still writing this post under windows, my hackintosh can not communicate yet.... snifff

sundul maneh.. ben ono sing weruh... helep me pliz..
Hi winxp,I'm using JaS 10.4.8 and upgrade to 10.4.10 (using koolkal upgrade). My Acer Aspire 3680 (3684NWXMi) have built-in AcerOrbiCam. Mine is working out of the box (10.4.8 & 10.4.10), without installing any third party driver. What is your OSX version?
Hi everybodymacam driver did not work with my acer aspire 5583How about your other materialsmarvell yukon ethernet?Wifi?Modem?pcmcia?thanks for telling me why if it di work with yours.I'm still writing this post under windows, my hackintosh can not communicate yet.... snifff
I suggest you to use USB device for LAN or wireless. I'm using USB wireless device. I use LevelOne WNC-0301USB Harware version 3. Using Ralink driver for USB, because it is universal. I manage to get my PCMCIA working, need to replace IOPCIFamily.kext to older version from 10.4.4, and copy IOPCCardFamily.kext. You can found this file in this forum. However, I'm not recommend this because using older version of IOPCIFamily.kext could/maybe prevent other harware to function properly.

Hi winxp,I'm using JaS 10.4.8 and upgrade to 10.4.10 (using koolkal upgrade). My Acer Aspire 3680 (3684NWXMi) have built-in AcerOrbiCam. Mine is working out of the box (10.4.8 & 10.4.10), without installing any third party driver. What is your OSX version?I suggest you to use USB device for LAN or wireless. I'm using USB wireless device. I use LevelOne WNC-0301USB Harware version 3. Using Ralink driver for USB, because it is universal. I manage to get my PCMCIA working, need to replace IOPCIFamily.kext to older version from 10.4.4, and copy IOPCCardFamily.kext. You can found this file in this forum. However, I'm not recommend this because using older version of IOPCIFamily.kext could/maybe prevent other harware to function properly.

Hello kizwan,

you said that your integrated acer orbicam is working ?

could you use it with skype for exemple ?

thanks

Hello kizwan,

you said that your integrated acer orbicam is working ?

could you use it with skype for exemple ?

thanks

My Orbicam:

AcerOrbiCam:

Version:	1.00
 Bus Power (mA):	500
 Speed:	Up to 480 Mb/sec
 Manufacturer:	SuYin
 Product ID:	0xa100
 Serial Number:	CN0316-OV03-VA-01.00.00
 Vendor ID:	0x064e

Yes, I'm able to use it with Yahoo Messenger (tested). My AcerOrbiCam also detected in Skype preference.

There is a couple of brand of AcerOrbiCam equiped with Acer Aspire laptop. It really random, I only know three of them, Bison, SuYin and Logitech. Mine is SuYin. Suyin is natively detected in 10.4.8 (JaS with PPF1 & PPF2).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My cam is a Bison on an Aspire 9410z bought from walmart. LOL. everything else works on leopard fine. But no dice with the cmaera. If teh camera would work I would have a fully working 17" hackintosh.

I will keep and eye on this thread.

Edit. I found somethig interesting guys. I was browsing the Apple Site and found a software called PIP for webcams. It just enables you to see what is on your webcam. Well it detected my cam (bison) and it works great. Starnge how this software makes it work using it. But it can't work using any other software. Skype, iChat or anything else I have tried. Maybe somebody with a better knowldege of this coudl run with it.

• 7 months later...
sundul maneh.. ben ono sing weruh...

helep me pliz..

I do... An Acer 5720 using leopard... my camera is partially working at the moment works only in ichat and adium...

My cam is a Bison on an Aspire 9410z bought from walmart. LOL. everything else works on leopard fine. But no dice with the cmaera. If teh camera would work I would have a fully working 17" hackintosh.

I will keep and eye on this thread.

Edit. I found somethig interesting guys. I was browsing the Apple Site and found a software called PIP for webcams. It just enables you to see what is on your webcam. Well it detected my cam (bison) and it works great. Starnge how this software makes it work using it. But it can't work using any other software. Skype, iChat or anything else I have tried. Maybe somebody with a better knowldege of this coudl run with it.

Damn it I tried this also with my sonix webcam and it works. Photobooth, ichat, and others dont work. I also have my sonix webcam monitor working with my cam but you cant do anything with it. Its just like PIP. I've asked this 1,000 times why can one app access a supposedly inaccessible camera and then the apple apps wont access it at all. Whats the deal with that?

If you want to see my cam experience its here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=100897

Actually photobooth will access your camera if its like mine. Go to accounts under system preferences and change your login icon and click edit. A mini photobooth will load and take your picture. Its like torture, works there not anywhere else. ANNOYING.

• 2 weeks later...
I do... An Acer 5720 using leopard... my camera doesnt work at the moment...

I have an acer 5720 and camera working in i chat, at first it didnt work because the graphic driver for X3100 card didnt support quartz extreme or 3d acceleration, fixed that, all OK...

I've done some more digging on this partial support issue with OSX apps. Apparently its because of apples {censored} ass UVC driver. The reason some cams dont work with photo booth is because apple forces them to work at higher res then they are capable of doing.

When the cam does not load at the requested res it fails and you get no picture.

IOUSBFamily is the kext that needs to be edited. In particular the AppleUSBVideoSupport.kext is the plugin.

Supposedly the version of AppleUSBVideoSupport.kext from 10.4.9 is the best version for working with the most amount of cams out there. I have been unable to find this kext online anywhere but when I find it I plan to try this in leopard.

• 1 month later...