Kons

20 posts in this topic

When booting system with -v

diagnostic stops at

"using xxxx buffer headers and xxxx cluster IO buffer headers"

nothing more in loaded

I first installed only intel 10.4.9 and SSE2

and this was the result:

Message: "please restart your button by holding the power switch for several seconds or hit the restart button"

The i add following components:

- loginwindows -Nothing change

- IOATAFamily -Nothing change

- Remove CPUPower &&

Remove Thermal kexts -The is no more message, computer sticks on apple screen loading

-v frozen at = using xxxx buffer headers and xxxx cluster IO buffer headers

AMD Processor right? Gets this message:

using 5242 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

You need AppleACPIPlatform.kext from version 10.4.8.

EDIT: Oops...It just sunk in that you installed INTEL 10.4.9...Interesting. I've only seen this error with AMD processors.

This is fairly common with uphuck 1.3. Intel or AMD doesn't matter. You need the AppleACPIPlatform.kext from version 10.4.8 which is on the DVD. HOWEVER, you will probably also need AppleAPIC.kext from 10.4.8 (or earlier) which is NOT on the DVD. I was fortunate to have 10.4.6 already installed on another partition, so I just copied it over, deleted Extensions.kextcache and Extensions.mkext, repaired permissions and am running fine (using it right now).

See the Uphuck 1.3 thread for details.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello mate, I got to that problem before as well, i think if i m not wrong it was caused by acpi drivers...

On some systems acpi dont cause any problems, some systems it causes... There are two acpi drivers on the system normaly

- AppleACPIPlatform.kext

- IOACPIFamily.kext

When I had this problem first time, it was giving error with acpi drivers not found, I added AppleACPI to drivers, and than got to the screen where it waits with buffer message like u say, than when i checked the pkg content of original installer system/library/extensions it shows two acpi files as i mentioned above, if u place the second one in the drivers folder, the problem was gone for me...

IOATA is nothing to do with it and cause waiting for root device error if i m not wrong...

Below is the zip of above files extracted from intel pkg installer

http://rapidshare.com/files/43304288/Archive.zip.html

Both unzip and place them into the /System/Library/Extensions folder... should work...

Both unzip and place them into the /System/Library/Extensions folder... should work...

Hello,

I have been trying to install OSX86 on my ASUS G1S for days now with no luck, i have tried Myz10.4.4, Jas10.4.8, uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3 and now uphuck 10.4.9 v1.4i.

My problem with the last release is:

panic (cpu0 caller 0x003AB83F) : Unable to find driver this platform : "ACPI"

I saw that you suggested downloading that file and adding it's contents to the /System/Library/Extensions folder... the problem is there is no Extensions folder there... so, do i create it? or it was supposed to be there? All i see is Extensions.kext on the Library folder...

What should i do?

Hello mate, I got to that problem before as well, i think if i m not wrong it was caused by acpi drivers...

On some systems acpi dont cause any problems, some systems it causes... There are two acpi drivers on the system normaly

- AppleACPIPlatform.kext

- IOACPIFamily.kext

When I had this problem first time, it was giving error with acpi drivers not found, I added AppleACPI to drivers, and than got to the screen where it waits with buffer message like u say, than when i checked the pkg content of original installer system/library/extensions it shows two acpi files as i mentioned above, if u place the second one in the drivers folder, the problem was gone for me...

IOATA is nothing to do with it and cause waiting for root device error if i m not wrong...

Below is the zip of above files extracted from intel pkg installer

http://rapidshare.com/files/43304288/Archive.zip.html

But how can i replace them I am now working on windows.

I can't see /system on the dvd

Is there a command line switch that will allow me to browse the hard drive and copy these files where they need to be?

yes boot any install DVD with rd=disk[disk number]s[partition number]

For example, my laptop has one harddrive and four partitions, my os x install is on the fourth partition so I use rd=disk0s4.

Unfortunately, this method didn't solve this problem with my Asus G1S but from what I hear you should have better luck.

• 8 months later...

Hey everyone, I'm a newcomer to this whole OSX86 thing, the main reason I gave it a try was that I had an old PC sitting around and I thought 'why not?'. I tried the Kalyway DVD and it wouldn't get past the damn Darwin startup. Then I tried this Uphuck DVD, booted it up no problem, installed OS X perfectly, and then when I try to boot I'm stuck with the same "using xxxx buffer headers and xxxx cluster IO buffer headers" hang up that everyone else seems to be getting. This is irritating to say the least.

I have heard that, with the help of some kext files from 10.4.8, this issue can be resolved. First of all, is this true? Second, is there anyone out there with a working OSX86 install of 10.4.8 who could be so kind as to throw those files (I've heard the needed ones are AppleACPIPlatform.kext IOACPIFamily.kext and IOATAFamily.kext although that could be wrong) from their /System/Library/Extensions folder into a ZIP for me? And third of all, what to I need to do to 'transplant' those files? Any permissions, ownership, or other changes?

Thanks in advance for your help, and I apologize for rambling so much in this post.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Just because you are an "IT Freak" i ask you,

I copied those kext and resulted in a kernel panic saying i gotta restart.

So what now? Will all that freakness come to help me or not?

buffer headers error, after copying those files, kernel panic !

• 4 months later...
When booting system with -v

diagnostic stops at

"using xxxx buffer headers and xxxx cluster IO buffer headers"

nothing more in loaded

I first installed only intel 10.4.9 and SSE2

and this was the result:

Message: "please restart your button by holding the power switch for several seconds or hit the restart button"

The i add following components:

- loginwindows -Nothing change

- IOATAFamily -Nothing change

- Remove CPUPower &&

Remove Thermal kexts -The is no more message, computer sticks on apple screen loading

-v frozen at = using xxxx buffer headers and xxxx cluster IO buffer headers

Hi,

I have the same problem.

Using IDENEB 10.5.8 on HP Mini. Any clue?

Tks