Working 512mb Nvidia card

7 posts in this topic

Please feel free to delete this post if this issue has been resolved.

I keep reading 512mb Nvidia cards do not work (or you have to flash them to work).

Well, I have one that works nearly out of the box, just using Titan. It's a silent XFX 7300GT, 512mb Ram, on a 10.4.8 system that I just updated to 10.4.10

QE, CI, resolution change, everything. Just haven't tested dual monitor support.

I would like to help towards support of 512mb cards if possible, so if there's anything I can do... Again, if this has been resolved, disregard this post.

Are 512 MB reported in System Profiler? Because I think what you have is a card that has 256 MB onboard and can use another bunch of the main system memory (this feature is called "Turbo Cache"). Unfortunately, these cards are frecuently advertised as "512 MB" cards.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi,

I know we are moved in time, but I can't get my 7300GT card to work.

Do you know if there are things changed?

I have 10.5.6 and it hangs because of the NVDAResman.kext

If I remove it or do an -x boot then it works, but still then also no resizing choices or QE etc.

Do you have some more suggestions?

Hi,

I know we are moved in time, but I can't get my 7300GT card to work.

Do you know if there are things changed?

I have 10.5.6 and it hangs because of the NVDAResman.kext

If I remove it or do an -x boot then it works, but still then also no resizing choices or QE etc.

Do you have some more suggestions?

It works if you use add a device property string in your com.apple.Boot.plist file (aka EFI String method). This string can be created via the OSX86Tools (menu "Add EFI String").

Download here: http://######.com/osx86tools/

It works if you use add a device property string in your com.apple.Boot.plist file (aka EFI String method). This string can be created via the OSX86Tools (menu "Add EFI String").

Download here: http://######.com/osx86tools/

Strange, I did reply already.

Here again. :(

Thanks for your quick reply.

Unfortunate, this was the first thing that I did try.

It is even i there right now. Did also try several other settings.

Do you have some other ideas?

I did read about flashing the rom.

The site where I did see it a long time ago, is disappeared. Is there somewhere else still info available?

Thanks again.