Cloning osx86 partition to bigger partition

jackal217

10 posts in this topic

ive got my osx86 working perfectly atm... all the drivers i need for my system are installed... but i want to make the partition bigger... since i know there isnt a program which can do this on a Hac what i figured id do is this

copy everything from system/library over to a fat32 partition on another drive

delete my macosx86 partition,

create a bigger partition for osx86

reinstall osx86 with my install dvd

then finally, replace everything in the system/library folder with the stuff i have backed up

will this work?? is it safe to do?

Cloning seems to be a better option, but how?

Try CloneTool Hatchery H1.

Works perfect on real Macs and Hacks. You can copy to another partition or into an image file.

Have cloned about 20 times to various partitions (IDE, Firewire, USB) and never had a single problem and resulting clone is bootable.

Edit: You said you have CloneTool. Make sure you have the latest version which I believe is 1.09 and is called CloneTool Hatchery H1.

Try CloneTool Hatchery H1.

Works perfect on real Macs and Hacks. You can copy to another partition or into an image file.

Have cloned about 20 times to various partitions (IDE, Firewire, USB) and never had a single problem and resulting clone is bootable.

Edit: You said you have CloneTool. Make sure you have the latest version which I believe is 1.09 and is called CloneTool Hatchery H1.

heh, i do ^_^ thanks for the concern

just wondering, it was said to create an HFS+ partition to clone to but what if my current partition is showing up as Apple_HFS ?

• 4 months later...