Oink

32 posts in this topic

When I try to get to the Oink site I get the following:

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at oink.me.uk.

And that is all.

I hope it is nothing serious. I'd hate losing my 18+ share ratio :hysterical:

Any thoughts?

It is back now. Maybe it was just maintenance.

Edit: mistery solved.

From oink.me.uk:

2007-06-12 - Sorry about the "downtime"

The servers were actually running just fine for those who could access them, but there were DNS issues preventing some from accessing the site. We're not sure why, but our domain registrar's nameservers "forgot" about our domain. Anyway, everything should be back to normal now.

Now this forum is slow as hell again.

• 3 weeks later...
they where having trouble with some macs. try using a different browser

haha im on firefox in Vista.....

just tried IE7 and it still didnt work... maybe it has to do with my connection or isp..... pretty sure its not my router

man, im at my grandpas right now and tried it here too. nothing. maybe its the ISP. both the computers ive tried it have had Cox internet....

Hmmm interesting. I visited some family who had cox broadband and OiNK didnt work there even with my firefox portable... hmmm....

Hmmm interesting. I visited some family who had cox broadband and OiNK didnt work there even with my firefox portable... hmmm....

well it was just working a day or so ago so im not sure why....

could be some kind of "anti torrent" connection like they have in hotels. can you access demon or pirate?

well i can access demonoid, but its down, and thepiratebay.org works fine too.... i dont know what it is, maybe its a anti torrent thing but if it was i doubt they would stop a small of a tracker as oink and not someone like demon or pirate...

man, im at my grandpas right now and tried it here too. nothing. maybe its the ISP. both the computers ive tried it have had Cox internet....

It's not just Cox. I'm with erflink, and I have the same problem.

Anyways, after using the tools at DNS Stuff, it turns out that OiNK is up and running, but there are DNS problems out there on the net. You can either access OiNK by its IP address, or you can add the following line to your HOSTS file:

85.17.40.71		   oink.me.uk

Edit:

If you want to d/l torrents, you're also going to need:

85.17.40.69		   tracker.oink.me.uk

HTH

It's not just Cox. I'm with erflink, and I have the same problem.

Anyways, after using the tools at DNS Stuff, it turns out that OiNK is up and running, but there are DNS problems out there on the net. You can either access OiNK by its IP address, or you can add the following line to your HOSTS file:

85.17.40.71		   oink.me.uk

Edit:

If you want to d/l torrents, you're also going to need:

85.17.40.69		   tracker.oink.me.uk

HTH

awesome, thanks i needed some music and needed oink. i actually just used a proxy to access oink and that turned out fine too. but the ip workaround is better. thanks :]

you're just showing off :huh:

Of course I am. :hysterical:

Actually, 3.0a5 is nothing to brag about... it's buggy as hell but 2.0.0.4 can't render anything properly on Leopard. So I gotta use this. :hysterical:

I just noticed it was "down" again... good to see it's not just me. Kinda sucks that they keep having the DNS issues. :hysterical: