iPhone Review

6 posts in this topic

It seems like a cool phone, but not for me. I use my phone for business, and if I can't e-mail quick, I'm not going to like it at all.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/06/23/new-det...phone/#comments

and for those too lazy to click:

Here's what they had to say:

-The keyboard was simply described as "disappointing". Keyboarding with two thumbs often registers multiple key presses (two or three at a time) resulting in a lot of mistakes. The best way to type is with a single finger (as shown in most of Apple's demos), but two thumbs is supposedly very difficult. After trying it for a number of days our source gave up using their thumbs.

-The text auto-correction only works well for simple words, but doesn't work for proper names. We can only assume this bit will get better with time as Apple fills out its predictive text dictionary.

-"It won't replace a BlackBerry. It's not good for text input. It's just not a business product."

-The touchscreen was said to, in general, require somewhat hard presses to register input, and needs some getting used to.

In addition to its dock, the iPhone comes packaged with a polishing cloth (the thing's supposedly a fingerprint magnet, no surprise) and the usual smallish power adapter.

-The Bluetooth headset will debut in the $120 range, and will come with its own dock for charging both the phone and the headset. The headset will feature a miniature magnetic charging interface á la MagSafe.

-The Bluetooth headset has a hidden LED and is supposedly a very small and elegant device. Sound quality is said to be "typical". There is no clip; like many headsets you're expected to just let it hang out of your ear, as previously shown.

-The browser "worked well" but page load speeds on EDGE were just as slow as expected. It sounds like 3G users will have a tough run with this.

-Users must scroll through the address book (or use the alphabet-drag on the side) -- one cannot bring up the keyboard and type in a name, as many of us are used to.

-Shocker: YouTube over EDGE didn't work well at all, and will basically necessitate use of WiFi.

Ok, that's all we've got for now. At this point we're just really looking forward to putting the spurs to this thing -- Apple is hyping this product like nothing we've ever seen before, and we're ready to bring every detail to light. In the mean time, here's that commercial again.

This is a good read:

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/RD/RDM.Tech....21E046A397.html

There are three tech journalists who hate all things Apple. They are:

1. Dvroak

2. Enderle

3. Gartner

....with Dvroak being the ringleader.

One, the same things were said about the iPod when it first released as well...too expensive, limited on features, closed software...but look how the market is 6 years down the road, and who's the king now?

Two, the Moto Razr..which is currently the most popular and widely sold phone of all time...first sold for $500 here in Canada when it released. I'm sure the US prices were just as expensive. Now look at it 6 years later...literally one in every three people (in North America) carry a Razr...its become that common....yet its functionality is crippled compared to some of other phones even upon its launch time. If people were INFACT looking at functionality over form...then the Razr wouldn't have become this popular.

Three, the iPhone's features are far ahead of what's in most of the phones in North America and even Europe (I doubt it is for Japanese phones though...those are waaay ahead of their times). Enagadget is one of those sites that just hate Apple thats all. Remember that fake iPhone delay stock fall call that Enagadget pulled off...just to spite Apple employees?

Quoted from Wikipedia.

In May 2007, Engadget published a story based on an email sent to Apple employees announcing that the company was delaying the launches of both the iPhone and OS X Leopard. The story resulted in a 3% drop in Apple's share price. [3] Less than 20 minutes later the story was retracted after the email was discovered to have been a hoax perpetuated on Apple employees. Apple's shares eventually recovered, and Ryan Block apologized for the mistake [4].

The iPhone will sell like hotcakes...its just a matter of when the flame is ignited. For the iPod that was around 2003...two years after its release date. For the Razr...it was instant. For the iPhone...time will tell...but it DEFINATELY wont end up like the Newton...thats for sure.

Quoted from Wikipedia.

The iPhone will sell like hotcakes...its just a matter of when the flame is ignited. For the iPod that was around 2003...two years after its release date. For the Razr...it was instant. For the iPhone...time will tell...but it DEFINATELY wont end up like the Newton...thats for sure.

definitely....

lol with endgadget and other mentioned sites/journalists being so anti-apple, you truly begin to grasp why Apple is so secret about everything... these people want Apple destroyed!!