Jump to content

Going to buy MBP


10 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I am going to make my first jump over to OS X and have decided on the Mac Book Pro. I know that OS X Leopard will be arriving in October, and so, should I wait to buy it then? I can use the college student discount through a friend of mine now but how long will that offer last? Will I be able to use the discount in October? Also, will there be another Ipod released till then (theres been a yearly trend in the past two years)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since there was just a product revision; I'd give it two to three more weeks to make sure all the bugs are worked out with the new MBPs. That'll be the perfect time to buy, in my opinion. I did the same with my MBP and haven't had -any- problems. It still looks brand new.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LOL - If you want to buy a Mac - just buy it. It gets tiring reading all these "should I wait to buy XYZ". If you can afford it then just buy every couple refreshes. The current gen MBP, Core2Duo, 256MB GeForce will be more than enough to take advantage of Leopard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, but shouldn't I wait for the new ipod and new screen resolutions to come (if they do)? Those are huge upgrades and it would be a foolishly rash decision to not wait for a few months.

 

By the way aphex, how do you like your LED screen on your Macbook Pro?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...