Which Vista?

bswinnerton

33 posts in this topic

The EULA for Windows is always confusing, but even MS has said that they don't want people using Home Basic/Premium in a VM.

on the licensed device within a virtual (or otherwise emulated) hardware system.

They're trying to say that if the system is being emulated (it's virtual), then it's not legal. "Licensed device" just means whatever machine you are running the VM from, whether or not you have another copy somewhere else.

What do you mean by that? Running a Vista VM in Vista?? Haha, that just really confused me.
By VM I meant virtual machine. :)
The EULA for Windows is always confusing, but even MS has said that they don't want people using Home Basic/Premium in a VM.

They're trying to say that if the system is being emulated (it's virtual), then it's not legal. "Licensed device" just means whatever machine you are running the VM from, whether or not you have another copy somewhere else.

No, what I, and others, said is right. :(

Quick question, i have a little problem.

After installing Vista, i now have the hard drive showing up on my desktop on os x. Can i rename this? Or is there any way to hide it?

Since by default windows doesn't name the volume of the C: drive it shows up as Untitled in mac os x... Soo just go to Start > Computer > Right Click Click C: drive > Properties

I know it isn't called start anymore but I don't know what else to call it.