Can't get past pinwheel on install!

15 posts in this topic

I have gotten the latest Leopard leaked. I do not have DL-DVD-Rs so I am tried to put it on my iPod 5G by erasing and the restoring the DMG. I then rebooted and held down Option, and selected my iPod from the list. I get the grey Apple logo, and then the pinwheel underneath it. Then after about 10 minutes, nothing happens. It sits there spinning the pinwheel. I also tried this with a partition on my Firewire drive. Same thing!

So, can you guys help me get into the installer? :thumbsup_anim:

This is what happened to me. You have to remove the old 10.4 version to get it to work. Boot from your 10.4 installation disc and erase the partition. Exit the 10.4 installer and boot with the 10.5 installer.

The hell? I was hoping to do an Archive and Install or an Upgrade on my Tiger partition... now I have to repartition my USB drive to use this when it finishes downloading. :hysterical: :hysterical:

Let me clarify. I do not plan to touch my internal drive because I have an external disk ready to use Leopard. I just can get into the installer when I boot from either my iPod or another partition on the external drive. My external disk has two partitions, like so...

LEOPARD DRIVE

120GB

LEOPARD INSTALL

8.5GB

Again, my issue is actually booting the Leopard install disk.

Thanks :thumbsup_anim: and sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

If you're getting the pinwheel, you booted fine. With the iPod's slow-ish transfer, it's hard to know that 10min is enough waiting Try leaving it for a good amount of time. If it sits there longer than 20-30 mins, try re-doing the restore.

Also, ignore the insanity above. There's a lot of wierd information up there.

Edit: I just re-read your post and saw the firewire drive part, but I'd still try giving it some time. You're booting fine.