M-Audio Fast Track Pro

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

A sound engineer friend of mine is considering putting together a low-cost audio recording system using some sort of x86 laptop running OS X. He's looking to use something like an M-Audio Fast Track Pro USB Audio/MIDI interface for audio and MIDI in/out. Does anyone have any experience with this hardware and OS X, and happen to know the chances of it working? Thanks,

Joe

I don't have experience with the Fast Track, but my Transit worked fine on my Hackintosh when I tested it (another M-Audio USB device). There are Mac drivers for the Fast Track, so I'd guess that it would probably work.

I have a Fast Track Pro and works perfectly under Hackintosh. Just download the drivers from M-Audios site and yuou are perfect. It works great under Logic and MIDI is built in into the core services so no need to install anyhting additional;

• 2 years later...

I was just telling another member that had ASUS AMD setup, I had issues with Fast Track Ultra and Ozone. Clicks, interface being dropped when i plugged speakers in, never worked right. Yet in 2 intel hackintoshes, both interfaces worked perfectly with OSX M-Audio drivers.

My friend is ordering Fast Track Pro tomorrow actually, I'm giving him my Dell Dimension 8300 P4 machine with iPC 10.5.6 to record in Logic on it. I plan on it working without a hitch

• 1 year later...

I have that interface and it works almost perfectly. Unfortunately it doesn't work after sleep ;) any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi all,

A sound engineer friend of mine is considering putting together a low-cost audio recording system using some sort of x86 laptop running OS X. He's looking to use something like an M-Audio Fast Track Pro USB Audio/MIDI interface for audio and MIDI in/out. Does anyone have any experience with this hardware and OS X, and happen to know the chances of it working? Thanks,

Joe

tell him to install this handy little doofer

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/11334/soundsource

Hi all,

Joe

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...