Uphuck 1.3 Success Thread

46 posts in this topic

Uphuck 1.3 Success Thread

Here People, gather and post the specs of your computer and the choices you made to install...

This is to help people with similar specs get OS X running :)

Custom Install Options:

- 10.4.9 Intel

10.4.9 Intel package

IOATAFamily kext from 10.4.8

- 10.4.9 AMD

10.4.9 AMD package

AppleACPIPlatform kext from 10.4.8

- Kernels

Intel SSE2 (1 April 2007)

Intel SSE3 (26 March 2007)

AMD SSE2 (1 April 2007)

AMD SSE3 (1 April 2007)

Universal (23 April 2007)

Universal (3 May 2007)

script to remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

- Drivers

Natit dual 0.2

Titan

nVidia mobility

ATI X1x00

ATI AGP support

GMA900 (DiaboliK)

ICH7R

USB

Azalia Audio

Realtek R1000

Ralink Wireless

PowerManagement.bundle

Intel Speedstep

CoreDuoTemp

- Applications

CopyCatX

Firefox

Adium

Colloquy

VirtueDesktops

VLC player

QuickTime codecs

X11

:D

Please tell me if I'm missing anything.

Worked perfectly first time...

Options I chose r as below...

10.4.9 AMD package

AMD SSE3 (1 April 2007)

Titan

USB

Quicktime

QuickTime codecs

X11

MS Office 2004

Iphoto

Itunes

Gimp

The only problem I had was when I tried to install the security update. After the re-start screen would freeze at the apple logo.

Is it not meant to be installed?

Shaj, what are your specs?

Ooops...

sorry...

AM2 Sempron 3000+

1GB DDR2-400

I have 3 HDD's...Sata 80GB with windows XP...IDE 40GB as storage...IDE 12GB for OSX (I just change HDD boot order from Bios when I want to change the OS)

I'm at work right now...I can't remember the rest of my MOBO specs and all...will post complete info once home.

Other AWESOME thing is I have a Biostar Nvdia 7600GS (512MB). I didn't even have to Bios Hack this card and it works prefectly!!!

AWESOME!!!!!!

Working fine for me. First ever hackintosh attempt. Most impressed so far!

Gigabyte 965p-ds3, nvidia 7600 gt, core2 duo 6600, 2G ram.

Sata dvd and disk on the ich8 (orange) sata ports, bios set to AHCI, native mode disabled (not sure if that is relevant to sata) disabled jmicron sata/ide.

Selected Intel package, Intel SSE3-2 kernel, ICH8, Titan, Speedstep, Azalia, NTFS, and usual apps.

I had to edit /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon.kext/Contents/Info.plist to make the 8056 marvell yukon card work. Search this site for details.

Firefox, iTunes 7.2, Adobe CS3 (had to install an older version of AppleSMBIOS to prevent crash on startup) and iLife have all been used quite a bit. Able to mount external ntfs usb disks.

I have not installed the Security Update.

Only outstanding issue is that System Preferences/Sound lists no input device but I have not looked into that yet.

Great release!

Works great here...... Everything works

P4 3.0ghz sse2

2 gigs of ram

ATA hard drive

Nvidia 5600 agp 8x.

Custom Install Options:

10.4.9 Intel package

Universal (3 May 2007)

Natit dual 0.2

VIAATA Driver

VIA Network Driver -- No network or Internet slowdown!!!!!!!!!

Apple Software Updates. Download and installed all of them.

I tried the security patch for 10.4.9 and the only problem is with "About this Mac". It crash the desktop and it reloads. It does it every time. I'm not sure how to fix it.

Other than that, I'm working perfectly. Even the nvidia graphics are perfect.

No crashes.

Works for me:

hardware: e1505 t2700 @ 2ghz (one core only), 2gigs Ram, 100 gig HD, x1400 running from VGA out to monitor...

working with QE/CI by applying e1505 video patches found @ tutorial (genius bar) here...sound is working with the AppleHDApatcher v. 1.16 found in these forums...

procedure:

intel 10.4.9 pack, intel sse3-2 kernel, ioatafamily.kext 10.4.8 patch, ich7-r/8/8-r, natit x1300 vid patch, usb patch, 1080211family.kext patch, and power mgment patch.

Working really solid, no "About Me" crashes or anything. :thumbsup_anim:

I understand the script to remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext is necessary for AMD machines?

Is this true?

I don't think I picked that option when installing. Is this going to be a problem? Is there anyway to get hold of this script so I can run it now?

Please advise.

I understand the script to remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext is necessary for AMD machines?

Is this true?

I don't think I picked that option when installing. Is this going to be a problem? Is there anyway to get hold of this script so I can run it now?

Please advise.

Security Updates have to be modified for AMDs.... This issue is unrelated to Uphuck DVD..

if your system works, than the DVD has done its job..

General OSX issues are not to be solved by this process. We include the latest developments and packages

and formulate an easy installation.

Known Issues:

1 - Jmicron has issues with 10.4.9 (this issue is still being worked on. General OSX problem needs further development)

2 - I get a blinking cursor ( This is a known issue on Dual Booting. The DVD has no input on dual booting. Search the forums.)

3- I instated Security Update, now it doesnt boot. ( Intel Machines have no issues.. Security Updates have to be modified for AMD)

4- I have no graphics. (Search or google to find out what u need for ur Nvidia and Ati card.. What specific Natit or Titan and the proper combination of AgpGart your hardware requires.)

5- My sound doesnt work.. (Make sure it is supported and have proper driver for OSX86 thorugh the wiki.) U might need a modified Azalia kext or Taruga's AppleHda development.

The DVD includes some drivers but not all. It would be impossible to support and include all existing development on a single DVD.

When u install windows XP, most hardware and related drivers are have to be installed later. Same logic works on Uphuck DVDs.

Also Always remember that this process is Experimental. U might face issues that have no working solution..

Goodluck to everyone that are installing.. We appreciate all input and testing. Dont hesitate to post any and all

comments and problems so we can either solve it or put a word in for further development.

Security Updates have to be modified for AMDs.... This issue is unrelated to Uphuck DVD..

General OSX issues are not to be solved by this process. We include the latest developments and packages

Known Issues:

1 - Jmicron has issues with 10.4.9 (this issue is still being worked on. General OSX problem needs further development)

2 - I get a blinking cursor ( This is a known issue on Dual Booting. The DVD has no input on dual booting. Search the forums.)

3- I instated Security Update, now it doesnt boot. ( Intel Machines have no issues.. Security Updates have to be modified for AMD)

4- I have no graphics. (Search or google to find out what u need for ur Nvidia and Ati card.. What specific Natit or Titan and the proper combination of AgpGart your hardware requires.)

5- My sound doesnt work.. (Make sure it is supported and have proper driver for OSX86 thorugh the wiki.) U might need a modified Azalia kext or Taruga's AppleHda development.

The DVD includes some drivers but not all. It would be impossible to support and include all existing development on a single DVD.

When u install windows XP, most hardware and related drivers are have to be installed later. Same logic works on Uphuck DVDs.

Also Always remember that this process is Experimental. U might face issues that have no working solution..

Goodluck to everyone that are installing.. We appreciate all input and testing. Dont hesitate to post any and all

comments and problems so we can either solve it or put a word in for further development.

Hi Eskurza. Uphuck 1.3 was truly awesome. You seemed to have quoted my post in the reply but there was no answer to my specific question. I was just wondering if the 'script to remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext' is necessary for my AMD machine as I didn't install it. And if it is, can I run it now from within OSX?

Please advise. Would Appreciate it.

x2 nforce4 7800gt

I tried it multiple times with different kernels and it wouldn't work for me. I dropped the powermgmt kexts as well.

I then tried tubgirl 10.4.9 dvd and it went first try. It loaded all of my drivers but still no sleep wakeup for my hackintosh.

Working fine for me. First ever hackintosh attempt. Most impressed so far!

Gigabyte 965p-ds3, nvidia 7600 gt, core2 duo 6600, 2G ram.

Sata dvd and disk on the ich8 (orange) sata ports, bios set to AHCI, native mode disabled (not sure if that is relevant to sata) disabled jmicron sata/ide.

Selected Intel package, Intel SSE3-2 kernel, ICH8, Titan, Speedstep, Azalia, NTFS, and usual apps.

I had to edit /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon.kext/Contents/Info.plist to make the 8056 marvell yukon card work. Search this site for details.

Firefox, iTunes 7.2, Adobe CS3 (had to install an older version of AppleSMBIOS to prevent crash on startup) and iLife have all been used quite a bit. Able to mount external ntfs usb disks.

I have not installed the Security Update.

Only outstanding issue is that System Preferences/Sound lists no input device but I have not looked into that yet.

Great release!

I have the same board in my main system witha 6420 C2D...but I really dont want to go fooling around with it. I want this to work on my kids computer so I can set them up with Front Row or MediaCentral for watching their DVDs.

I tried this on an Intel 925 + Prescott system as well as an IBM T43 (JaS 10.4.8 working on both).. in both cases I couldn't get to the Darwin boot loader after the installation completed. Assuming this to be another Disk Utility problem [as it was certainly partition related] I tried partitioning with a JaS 10.4.8 release (Patched Disk Utility) then switching back to the Uphuck 10.4.9 for install which worked... So looks like it's just the disk utility that's not working for me.

Worked flawlessly. My hardware is Ggabyte ga=p965-DS4 motherboard, intel core 2 duo e6420, 2gb ram, xfx 7900GS graphics card, SATA hard drive+dvd-rw drive.

But now I can't get Parallels to boot into the native Windows partition (like it used to before when I had JaS 10.4.9 before I formatted my entire hard disk). :thumbsup_anim:

AMD Opteron 175 Denmark 2.2GHz Socket 939 Dual Core Processor@ 2.5Ghz

FI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultr NF4 939 - Retail

Giel 3 GB RAM(PC3200)

Sapphire Radeon 1950XT

ATI Catalyst 7.5

Lite-On SOHW 1633S 16X DL

Lite-On SHW 1693S 16x DL

Maxtor SATA 300 GB

WD 300 Sata

Windows Vista Ultimate

Mac OSX 10.4.9 Uphuck

all worked flawlessly untill i installed Securty updates now wont boot but Had Adium Itunes Toast Titanium Firefox working

- 10.4.9 AMD

10.4.9 AMD package

- Kernels

AMD SSE3 (1 April 2007)

- Drivers

Natit dual 0.2

Titan

- Applications

All of them except the CoreDuo temp one

Works Swell! :thumbsup_anim:

Working: AMD 64 3000+ (Newcastle, SSE2 only)

Nvidia 5950 Ultra using Diabolik 1.0 installer (for some reason the Natit 0.2 on the DVD doesn't work...)

Sound

USB: Read this - installed the usb.pkg from the dvd. USB 1.1 devices work fine, but 2.0 is different...

To get USB working in my case, I have to plug a device into a USB2.0 hub, then remove the hub and plug the device back into the same port. It's hackish, but it works.

Moving on:

Realtek 8169 network working

ViewSonic 19" widescreen at 1440x900 (after the Nvidia driver above)

Installed the ACPIPlatform kext...I believe that may have borked my ability to susped, as I think I had installed without it before and suspend worked fine. I'll have to check. Suspend just powers the system off.

Other than a few small niggles, I'm happy.

still cant get sleep to work. It worked till 10.4.6 everything after it will sleep and when waking the hard drive will click and i have to hard power off and restart.

Its the same board basically that the apple dev boxes where using in the beginning. Tried Sata tried IDE hard drive, tried dif bios settings. All no luck

Known Issues:

Not wanting to be a nag about it but

6- After installation, the boot process freezes at the Buffers = statement, immediately after loading the ACPI kext.

is a known issue for a number of motherboards with older chipsets. This problem prevents OSX from loading when booted from its partition on the hard disk. It is possible to boot into the partition by starting from the DVD, but when you do that, most of the driver kexts refuse to load, resulting in no supervga video and no sound. The fix for this is to substitute the 10.4.8 versions of AppleAPIC.kext and AppleMPIC.kext and set appropriate permissions. This permits OSX to boot from its installed partition and also allows video and sound drivers to load.

(See my post at http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=386898 and all the success reports that follow when people make this substitution.)

Install Options (just basic install to check if everything works OK)

- 10.4.9 AMD

10.4.9 AMD package

- Kernels

AMD SSE3 (1 April 2007)

- Drivers

Titan

Azalia Audio

- Applications

Frontrow

SPECS for OS X:

ASUS A8N-SLI - NVIDIA nForce 4 (patched with nForce 4 SATA Patch)

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+

512 MB eVGA NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX (flashed with hacked ROM)

OnboardRealtek '97 (Azalia Audio used for this)

Works perfectly! Sound, video, all works, no crashes or kernel panics whatsoever! PM me if you have similar hardware and questions.

worksrr2.jpg

Anyone AMD users with X2 (dual core) gotten this to work?

Up and running here with my amilo (TURION X2). AMD SSE3 kernel.

Still no CI/QE for my ATI.

I have the cpu fan always on and boiling temperature.

Solution anybody?

Does the PowerManagment bundle or other patch in the DVD helps?

I just installed Cpu Throttle and it doesn't seem to work properly(reporting zeros...)

Hardware listed below: It took about 2 weeks of trial and error and constant reloading but I finally got it to work Starting with:

10.4.9 Intel package

IOATAFamily kext from 10.4.8

- KernelsUniversal (3 May 2007)

- Drivers

none

- Applications

CopyCatX

Firefox

VirtueDesktops

QuickTime codecs

X11

After that I had to install the skeg.Kext for my Marvell network card.

Then downloaded and installed Diobolik's ATI1600 installer. fix permissions and reboot, now have res switch.

Then I added my ATI 1600AGP Device ID to the ATIRadeon1X00.Kext (contents, info.plist) Repair, reboot and somehow I got QE,Ci support! I did a happy dance.

Then I wanted to install FCS2. Final cut died on launch. I had to Edit the IONetworking.plist to change my Network card from en1 to en0. Reboot, did another happy dance.