Dual spanning postem if you got em.

magic6435

22 posts in this topic

Its a huge undertaking truddging though the hundreds of video card threads trying to find good hardware matches so i thought it would be cool if everyone simply posted their set ups who have spanning working.

Ps. ive searched the forms like a mad man for 5 days looking into this and did not come across anything that really helped aside from a 63 page thread that was like reading the next harry potter, so if i missed something sorry.

Ati X1600pro - 1 vga - 1 dvi: No spanning with all curent methods.

Wow, me too magic, and I've got the exact same card!

I mean, how difficult can it be!? :P

Yea i know it makes me sad because osx runs so stable and so smooth on my rig having dual screens is the only thing keeping me fron runniung it as my rull time os (aside from games) I started this thread because i think im just going to go ahead and buy a new card (200 bucks is 2,000 cheaper than a new mac). So thanks to anyone whos posting their results in this thread.

works here with two machines with xfx 7600GS 256 MB, dual dvi or dual cga or mixed. works well with asrock conroe945dvi with internal vga and dvi addon card (gma950). but i needed different drivers for my intel bad axe 2 and my asrock conroe 945vdvi board for getting full suppoert for dual screen with the 7600 gs: natat dual 0.1 on the intel and natuit dual 0.2 on the asrock.

Specs:

CPU: core 2 duo e6600

Ram: Corsair xms2 2gig ddr2 800

Mobo: Gigabyte 965P-DQ6

HDD: Seagate 7200.10 500gb

PSU: Seasonic M12 600w

VID: SAPPHIRE X1950xtx 512mb

The motherboard tray was from a coolermaster wavemaster case

the video spans across both displays just fine via DVI

13872938vb6.jpg

21482563mg5.jpg

... I started this thread because i think im just going to go ahead and buy a new card (200 bucks is 2,000 cheaper than a new mac).

That makes sense.

Could those who post their success stories please also post a screen capture of their display settings... ? (and/or their System Profile video card readings).

Nice pics nykwil.

Cheers

I replaced my X800 with a 7600GT just so I could get dual screens. I also had to buy a second monitor because for some reason I can't determine, you can't have dual screens with one screen. lol. Anyway, it works perfectly.

video.pngpost-96958-1181903429_thumb.jpg

Specs:

CPU: core 2 duo e6600

Ram: Corsair xms2 2gig ddr2 800

Mobo: Gigabyte 965P-DQ6

HDD: Seagate 7200.10 500gb

PSU: Seasonic M12 600w

VID: SAPPHIRE X1950xtx 512mb

The motherboard tray was from a coolermaster wavemaster case

the video spans across both displays just fine via DVI

13872938vb6.jpg

21482563mg5.jpg

Hi nykwil. . I have the same graphics card, but I have som problem with the fan noise, when installing the Jccool Drivers. My Dual display is working but my GPU fan is going 100% Constantly. What drivers are you using. If you are using the same driver, did you change the cooling fan (GPU water cooling ???) of your graphics card, or are you just living with the noise???

That makes sense.

Could those who post their success stories please also post a screen capture of their display settings... ? (and/or their System Profile video card readings).

Nice pics nykwil.

Cheers

AND name of driver + version - would be great

Hi nykwil. . I have the same graphics card, but I have som problem with the fan noise, when installing the Jccool Drivers. My Dual display is working but my GPU fan is going 100% Constantly. What drivers are you using. If you are using the same driver, did you change the cooling fan (GPU water cooling ???) of your graphics card, or are you just living with the noise???

I am using the latest Jcool drivers that are posted in the drivers section of the hardware forum.

Unfortunately I took off my default fan and replaced it with a water block, so I don't have the fan noise issue.

Although I did have that problem, when I was using the default fan on the card. I'm not sure if they fixed that fan issue or not since last I checked it seemed like he wasn't looking to develop any fixes to the xtx series cards.

yeah the fan noise really was a pain to deal with.

OK, got myself a Sapphire X1950XT 256Mb PCI-E.

I had to reinstall a fresh my Jas 10.4.8 Intel 3 times, still no dual sh*t. Tried jscool and phue's (or something similar in name) but no joy, just one bluish screen and another all vertical lines after reebot, no matter what I do (-s, -v, -x...) and blocked, can"t do sh*t.

I'm scared to try any other driver for fear of the same. Right now, it's two crappy resolution screens, painful to look at. That bottle of wine I just downed doesn't help much either...

I'm so frightened to try anything else, I don't wanna spend another hour just to reinstall after a screwed up test again...

Where's that drink...

AND name of driver + version - would be great

For my setup (see above), I just had to install Natit v0.2 Dual Screen. The screens turn black for 10-20 seconds on boot, but I rarely reboot, so it's not that much of an annoyance.

I use a AGP GeForce FX 5200 (40 Euro) with DVI and D-Sub (VGA).

One screen doesn't work if I use a DVI->VGA adapter or a KVM switch, but if I connect one monitor with a VGA cable and the other with a DVI cable then it works fine.

In a test with an ATI Radeon 9600 I had to add the EDID data in the info.plist.

magic6435 have you tried dualx1600natit.zip?

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry232783

Chipset Model: GeForce FX 5200

Type: Display

Bus: AGP

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0322

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays:

HX191D:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

HX191D:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Main Display: Yes

10.4.9 - 8.9.1

Drivers:

AGPGart.kext

GeForce.kext

Natit.kext (thanks!)

NVDANV30Hal.kext

NVDAResman.kext

magic6435 have you tried dualx1600natit.zip?

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry232783

Yup and it just gives me the same support as the titan drivers right out of the box full res support and QE but no dual screen spaning (extended desktop) only a clone onto the second screen. Im a web developer and have been using photosop dual screen for so long i tried working on it today with one 19 widescreen and it felt like working on a 15 inch crt!!!!! i hope this 6800 gt works out.

Thanks for posting your sucesses.

Success with a Sapphire X1950XT 256Mb PCI-E on an Asrock Conroe945G-DVI.

Used jccool's method (thanks lots) > http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=264398

X1950XT Installer 0.3.pkg.zip

Dual screens, two IIyama Vision Master Pro 450 (CRT) on dvi-vga adapters (provided with the card).

System Profile readings;

ATI Radeon X1950 Series:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon X1950 Series

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7244

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 85 Hz

Main Display: Yes

Rotation: Supported

VGA Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 85 Hz

Rotation: Supported

Running on Jas 10.4.8, kernel 8.8.1

Previous attempt on an Asrcok 775 DUAL VSTA wouldn't work 'cos this mb can't handle PCI-Ex16, only x4.

• 1 month later...