Auto-updating Hackintosh Deal of the Day web page

56 posts in this topic

Yeah. I will get a router eventually. I'm waiting until I have something more substantial to get from NewEgg though so I'm not paying $6 for shipping on a $15 router. lol. I know I could just buy one in the store, but I'm too lazy. It's actually mapping port 5505 to port 80, which it used to do just fine. For some reason it recently started acting weird though. I'd just host it on my NCSU space, but I think they might consider it advertising, which isn't allowed.

Bump from a NCSU alum. GO WOLFPACK! I'm living out in CA now and missing Bojangles, some good BBQ, and tailgating at Carter Finley.

Btw, I know this has been mentioned in this thread, but it seems you site is down more often than not. Any possibility of using an alternate hosting site? I'm hoping to build a new hackintosh soon and your page is a huge time saver (when I can get to it :thumbsup_anim: ).

Thanks for the good work!

• 3 weeks later...
Bump from a NCSU alum. GO WOLFPACK! I'm living out in CA now and missing Bojangles, some good BBQ, and tailgating at Carter Finley.

Btw, I know this has been mentioned in this thread, but it seems you site is down more often than not. Any possibility of using an alternate hosting site? I'm hoping to build a new hackintosh soon and your page is a huge time saver (when I can get to it :D ).

Thanks for the good work!

Bump and agree with request for new hosting :)

Maybe insanely mac can put it up for you somewhere?

Do your prices include shipping?

This item http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16811164060 is $37.99

Yet your web site lists it as $53.98

Great! This made it very easy to find an OSX compatible motherboard rather than sifting through HCLs (which I assume you had to do! No rest for the wicked, eh?) which kinda put me off making one. I wouldn't be bothered with too much patching and messing around with things to get OSX86 working, so I'm glad I was instantly presented with a cheap motherboard that'll function without hassle.

My final choice for the main components are here http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=61936

It's meant to be cheap but cheerful and should make way for the retirement of my old but Athlon 3200+ XP desktop!

Great! This made it very easy to find an OSX compatible motherboard rather than sifting through HCLs (which I assume you had to do! No rest for the wicked, eh?) which kinda put me off making one. I wouldn't be bothered with too much patching and messing around with things to get OSX86 working, so I'm glad I was instantly presented with a cheap motherboard that'll function without hassle.

My final choice for the main components are here http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=61936

It's meant to be cheap but cheerful and should make way for the retirement of my old but Athlon 3200+ XP desktop!

They should really make this sticky.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...